09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

Hampton did not play great last night, but what do you expect. Hampton only had 2 of their top 8 out and the other 6 are in football. These 2 would be hughes and hill. Of the ones that were there last night these 2 are the only ones that have ever been in a V game. But dont get me wrong East is a good team and should be tough in their conf.

For the JV game East had no freshman there. Hampton played with 7 Freshmen because that is all they have right now.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton did not play great last night, but what do you expect. Hampton only had 2 of their top 8 out and the other 6 are in football. These 2 would be hughes and hill. Of the ones that were there last night these 2 are the only ones that have ever been in a V game. But dont get me wrong East is a good team and should be tough in their conf.

For the JV game East had no freshman there. Hampton played with 7 Freshmen because that is all they have right now.

If figured as much on the varsity outcome. I knew that Hampton had better prospects than the outcome of the game. On the JV game, I hate not knowing if my info is correct or not, so I called a friend who has a son that plays varsity at East. East has 2 freshmen on JV. One is Matt Proffitt (#42) who originally played at Mary Hughes. He would been playing at post or the 4 position. The second is David Casaday, a tall, slim point guard, blonde hair, also from Mary Hughes. From my source, both saw some limited action in the Varisty game late, and then about half of the JV quarter.

• 2 weeks later...

In other news the Bulldogs lost a tough game to Sullivan Central last nite. 69-63. Of course the football players were not there but the kids that were there hung pretty tough against a pretty good Central team. Hampton played a terrible 1st quarter and were down 26-10 at the end of it. Hampton turned it over 17 times in the first half alone. Hampton actually outplayed S. Central for the final 3 quarters in my opinion. If the football players are there, I think Hampton wins by at least 15-20 points. There were several bright spots for Hampton as James Hassett showed a lot of potential and Wes Hornsby played pretty solid too. Hampton will be depending on these two to really contribute as role players this year.

It's really just according whether the football team gets to play or not. If they play, you probably don't have much chance. If they are still playing football, you are playing mostly JV players, so it should be a good game.

Is that a joke? Don't have much of a chance? Apparently you've been up in the mountains for awhile now. Chuckey-Doak has impressed several AAA coaches during the pre season while scrimaging them. Dont count your eggs before they hatch Mr. Durden. Chuckey-Doak might run all over Hampton with or without their football players.

Yeah they play at 11 A.M. on Wednesday morning. Chuckey-Doak has a well rounded team, but as I stated earlier their 6'4 post transfer was declaired ineligible, 3 year starting point guard broke his ankle and tore ligaments awhile back and won't return for another 2 weeks, and their defensive role player broke his ankle last Friday at a practice. This will certainly hurt the Knights but from what I saw in the Hall of Fame games this Saturday, if they play as a team and put the ball in the right players hands they might put up a good fight with Hampton.

Yeah, injuries really hurt, especially at a small school. CD always brings a good team and is coached well. Hampton did get the football players back but they are kind of rusty. Played Happy Valley tonight and won 33-21. You know, I'm sure, how H. Valley would rather just hold the ball than actually play basketball. It is really hard to play against them. Hampton is a Jr dominated team. They start 4 Jrs and sometimes 5. Their top 2 scorers are back from last year and actually almost all of their main contributers are back from last year. They won their district last year in the regular season and tournament. They were upset in the region. Should be a good game Wednesday.

It's really just according whether the football team gets to play or not. If they play, you probably don't have much chance. If they are still playing football, you are playing mostly JV players, so it should be a good game.

please dont listen to mr. durden he shouldnt be alowed to be a hampton fan after the way he bashed our coaches on the football threads