top teams in tennessee?

ftballkicker

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I think Franklin is for real and deserves a spot high in the rankings. Now whether they get it or not is still a question.Shutting out a great team like Blackman certainly deserves it. They also beat LC at LC in week one. And we all know who LC knocked off this week.

Franklin is definetly a good team. How good? We'll find out in week eight and ten.

I think Germantown has to be viewed as #1 right now. They returned almost everyone off of the team that went to the semis last year.

Defense wins championships. And right now Dickson Co., Beech, Hunters Lane, Riverdale, and Brentwood seem to have really good defenses.

The playoffs should be as exciting as they have been in years. Two quesitons: how strong are they in the west, and is the east weaker this year?

When it is all said and done, the best 2-4 teams in 5A may be in Middle Tennessee. I still think Riverdale, Brentwood, Oakland and Lincoln County will be strong in the playoffs.

I want to see how Franklin is after a loss or two...and they will lost a game or two.

One last question, other than Brentwood Academy, are there any privates that could beat the top 10 teams in 5A this year?

Posted by ftballkicker:

After the events that have taken place on the 13th, what are everyones views on the top 10 or so teams in the state after week 3??

Guest dtblount

BA is the top team in Tennessee, hands down. A couple of weeks ago, they played St.Xavier from Ohio, who is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. BA lost 21-20 on a blocked extra point. BA outplayed them in the second half, but the block was an obvious fluke. Franklin could never hold with BA. BA will definately be the team to beat.

Guest dtblount

Germantown??? HA! So, if they return all of their players who made it to the semis last year, they are automatically good?? How does that work? The semis are no big deal. BA gets to the semis every year. If BA does not win state, it is a disappointing season. Germantown could never keep up with BA, NEVER. Also, Brentwood High could trash G'town as well.

Posted by dtblount:

BA is the top team in Tennessee, hands down. A couple of weeks ago, they played St.Xavier from Ohio, who is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. BA lost 21-20 on a blocked extra point. BA outplayed them in the second half, but the block was an obvious fluke. Franklin could never hold with BA. BA will definately be the team to beat.

Woah woah woah, buddy. There is no way to say that. Are the two teams going to take on each other this season? No. So can we accurately say that one is the better than the other? No. Trust me, I understand that BA is a very talented team. Franklin is as well. BUT, you CAN NOT say that either is the better than the other. While a game doesn't always prove which one is better, it's the only almost certain measuring stick. But to take what you said, I think the Rebels could most certainly hold their own with BA. BHS did, and I don't think that BHS and FHS are too different. I would say FHS is better than the Bruins, but again, they havne't played yet. Ah, I've wasted too much time on your silly comment.

Posted by dtblount:

FYI: I think you mean St. Xavier is ranked in the top 10 in its division in Ohio. St. X was blanked 21-0 the week after it beat BA and is nowhere to be found in the USA Today or any other national rankings I have seen.

Guest caligula

Maryville is like a Train running over teams this year. They return all but 7 starters, that is 15 returners including players like Carl Stewart, Cole McKinney, Brad Merrit, and Brandon Waters. This is a group that will have between 3 and 4 D-1 signees. The 2nd and 3rd strings have better stats than most first teams in the state. Maryville goes deep I remember when I played we had 1st string and 1A string, I know Maryville is still this deep. Until someone beats them, I think they are #1, I just wish they would play other teams like a BA, Riverdale, Independence.