top teams in tennessee?

ftballkicker

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caligula, I share your frustration. I would LOVE to see Brentwood Academy play Maryville! It would be a fabulous matchup and would solve a LOT of arguments on both sides. I think Independence would absolutely have their way with both the Rebs and Eagles because of Chris Leak, but I don't know how these two teams would perform against each other. Here's to hoping they meet sometime soon. I know BA has a pretty bright future.

Personally, I think Maryville is the best team in TN. I have seen most of the top rated ones and they can not beat the Rebs. They don't the respect they deserve because of 4A. That leads to my next statement: Please Reb fans, make your coach and principal move up to 5A ASAP. You will never get the respect until you do. ( except from the ones you scrimmage, like us, or beat the heck out of during the year. )

Even though i go to BA and it might be biased i do think BA has got a great team this year and the best in the state. I think the only weak spot is they have 6-7 sophmore starters. About the never winning a state chamionship in Div.II , which will come in the near future if not this year, when we lost in the championships they were great games that came down to the end. And the teams we lost too were considered the best in the state and two of the MBA teams the best ever.

Guest BigRedOne
Posted by just1np:

Yeah but it makes that loss so much easier to swallow if they WERE ranked in the top ten. :D

Brentwood Academy is better than everybody. I don't know why anyone even bothers to show up to play them. It is an outright conspiracy that they haven't won a Division II title yet.

I don't think its a conspiracy that they haven't won a Divison II title yet. However, I do think that it speaks of the strength of that Division.

I really don't think that maryville will split up into two high schools - the logical choice for overcrowding is to cut back on tuition students - besides, with the new expansions in the school, the capacity has grown by about 30 percent from 2 years ago - I believe that maryville is the best team in the state - all classes. I believe that whether they are 4A or 5A they can beat any other team in the state. Maryville played a great game against 5A champ redbank last year(and don't give me that junk about their offensive line being gone - they still held a nationally ranked HS RB to less than 80 yards in a game. Maryville also dominates other 5A area schools (although they don't put up much of a fight) Where is Independence High? Is That CA? Anyway - I think that Maryville will be in class 5A in a few years anyway. Until then - Representin 4a - Best team in the state :D Go Rebels.

Independence is in North Carolina, and Chris Leak is not just an excellent high school QB, he is one of the best in the Nation! Austin East played them last year when he was a junior, and they beat them something like 77 - 14. I'm not sure of the exact score, just trying to remember off the top of my head. Austin East was a good team last year, so was Maryville, but I don't think that Maryville would've beat AE by that big of a score, last year. I am not putting down Maryville, in any way, they would represent Tennessee as good or better than anyone, in an out of state game!