Blue Ridge Conference Jamboree

drewcrew96

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb, I think they've realized they're fate. There were a lot of people at Burley stadium Friday for the Volunteer scrimmage, and you know Greeneville is a small town, where word travels fast. I tell you the guys in green looked as good if not a little better than they have in the past two years. I'm afraid it's gonna be ugly for them.

If we bore you that bad maybe you should have stayed where you were. The county teams have just been busy with practice, scrimages and school. We don't need to get on here and have folks tell us how great we are to feel good about our teams. We would rather let our playing do our talking for us. As far as fans go wait until you go to WG and see the Buffs fan turnout, CD game too and when SG comes to Burley Stadium it will look like the Maryville game last year. I went to the city/county games back then and the county teams always had a huge fan turnout. I would almost bank on more county fans at these games than Devil fans. It might even draw a little much needed funding for some of the county sports teams. So Devils if you happen to lose against even one of them EVERYBODY will watching! You better hope you beat all of us this year cause if you don't you will need all the support you can get! :D

If we bore you that bad maybe you should have stayed where you were. The county teams have just been busy with practice, scrimages and school. We don't need to get on here and have folks tell us how great we are to feel good about our teams. We would rather let our playing do our talking for us. As far as fans go wait until you go to WG and see the Buffs fan turnout, CD game too and when SG comes to Burley Stadium it will look like the Maryville game last year. I went to the city/county games back then and the county teams always had a huge fan turnout. I would almost bank on more county fans at these games than Devil fans. It might even draw a little much needed funding for some of the county sports teams. So Devils if you happen to lose against even one of them EVERYBODY will watching! You better hope you beat all of us this year cause if you don't you will need all the support you can get! :D

West Greenes turnout will be about what? 750,800. Thats about all that can fit in the bleachers there. Heard that when it's South Greene and Chuckey-Doaks turn to have a home game against the Devils, they are going to play it at Greeneville.

Why would they play at Greeneville? GHS is now in the same conference, why should they always get home field advantage? That wouldn't be fair at all. If you play against smaller schools the smaller stadiums are usually part of it. When they used to play the county teams it was just a money maker for the schools. Now it's conference play and any coach that would agree to give Greeneville a home game every year is nuts, even though were in the same county.

If we bore you that bad maybe you should have stayed where you were. The county teams have just been busy with practice, scrimages and school. We don't need to get on here and have folks tell us how great we are to feel good about our teams. We would rather let our playing do our talking for us. As far as fans go wait until you go to WG and see the Buffs fan turnout, CD game too and when SG comes to Burley Stadium it will look like the Maryville game last year. I went to the city/county games back then and the county teams always had a huge fan turnout. I would almost bank on more county fans at these games than Devil fans. It might even draw a little much needed funding for some of the county sports teams. So Devils if you happen to lose against even one of them EVERYBODY will watching! You better hope you beat all of us this year cause if you don't you will need all the support you can get! :wub:

Yeah you bore us just as the games will be boring. If there are gonna be that many fans for the county teams at Burley stadium, like Maryville last year, then that don't seem like much af a home field advantage to me. Just better seating, viewing accomodations and oh yeah football. :D

Why would they play at Greeneville? GHS is now in the same conference, why should they always get home field advantage? That wouldn't be fair at all. If you play against smaller schools the smaller stadiums are usually part of it. When they used to play the county teams it was just a money maker for the schools. Now it's conference play and any coach that would agree to give Greeneville a home game every year is nuts, even though were in the same county.

Home field advantage? Burley's visitors stands seat more than any of the county schools seat on their home side. More than WG seats in both sides. Morristown has always shared a field between both county schools and I've never heard anyone complain about home field advantage. IF....the county teams choose to play their home games @ Burley...they would be the home team.....home stands and all. Of course they would also have to run concessions and pay for power and security....but then they also increase their gate with the increased seating capacity. I guess what i'm trying to say is why wouldn't they sieze the opportunity to play Greeneville and benefit from their superior facilities.