Blue Ridge Conference Jamboree

drewcrew96

WG/Claiborne game was not much to see . west green got beat 7-0 no real hits. north green cd game had some good hits . sg cg game was not bad, but sg did not let the starters play very much .two plays on o and six plays on d. greeneville was the best team there granger looked bigger but the speed of greeneville was to much for them . all and all some good football good luck to all as of right now they are tied for first.0 wins 0 losses

Thanks for the score update on WG. We had to leave, it was just too darn hot to sit there any longer.

I was upset in West Green.

If ya talk the talk then walk the walk Buffs. If you play like that against the devils they will beat you by 80.

Devils by far are the best around. PERIOD!!! :thumb:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I have been known to be wrong. Secondly, when I was a student at GHS and in college, I was taught that twice the size meant double. If you will take a look at the TSSAA website, http://www.tssaa.org, you'll see that SGHS is listed with a student enrollment of 531. GHS is listed as 892. In my caluclations double would be 1062. GHS is a few, 170 students from being double the size. So, sorry! Your arguement still doesn't stand! Oh well, Go Devils anyhow!

Torch, how many times do i have to tell you that size doesn't matter.....

Getting back to the Jamboree....i thought SG got away with one tonight, gonna have to have a whole lotta those big plays to overcome the shortcomings in the defense. The Rebels just plain got lucky. No way they could have played with Cumberland Gap for 4 quarters...definitely have the talent but a whole lot of work to do. Greeneville seemed to be in mid-season condition. Good to see Quarles show his stuff. Kinda felt sorry for those boys from Grainger. They finally got a drive going against the Devil subs and threw the pick... I thought West Greene showed a lot of promise....just didn't execute particularly well.I fully expect the Buffs to be ready to go when conference play begins full swing....don't underestimate them.

I got way too hot to stick around for the CD vs NG quarter...it's heck being an old lady in the heat. :thumb: How did it go?

In case you didn't know SG's 1st team O and D only played the first series and the O scored with just 2 plays. The rest of the quater was second 2nd & 3rd string. I don't think it was luck. Last year SG beat them 42-20. Who won the WG/Claiborne quarter? We left before they were done and it was still 0-0. Your right it was just too hot!

That does explain why I was left unimpressed....although I stand behind the "big play" statement. Not gonna score on those long pass plays against a team with speed in the secondary...also leads me to believe SG is an injury or 2 away from a dismal season. As poor as WG performed, I still think they will be the team to watch from the county.

GHS will win this league with ease for at least 5 years but eventually the program will sink down to the level of competition and they will lose now and then. I predict that they will do ok in the playoffs for a couple of years and the lack of a quality league will lead to one and done most years.

GHS will win this league with ease for at least 5 years but eventually the program will sink down to the level of competition and they will lose now and then. I predict that they will do ok in the playoffs for a couple of years and the lack of a quality league will lead to one and done most years.

I think the opposite is just as likely to happen....the rest of the league will rise to their level of competition, unless of course our non-conference foes change over the next 5 years...Since Greeneville is a 4A playoff team they will always play a tough non-conference schedule to prepare for the playoffs. Since region 1 only has 1 4a team (Sullivan North), Greeneville has to prepare for region 3...not a cakewalk but definitely do-able. Don't doubt the heart of the rest of the conference...they have the will to succeed. They just need to develop the will to prepare.

I think the opposite is just as likely to happen....the rest of the league will rise to their level of competition, unless of course our non-conference foes change over the next 5 years...Since Greeneville is a 4A playoff team they will always play a tough non-conference schedule to prepare for the playoffs. Since region 1 only has 1 4a team (Sullivan North), Greeneville has to prepare for region 3...not a cakewalk but definitely do-able. Don't doubt the heart of the rest of the conference...they have the will to succeed. They just need to develop the will to prepare.

You may be right barb but lack of facilities and equipment such as state-of-the-art weight rooms will make most of the difference for the underfunded county schools. It will be much easier to sink than to rise! :roflol: After a couple of years of beating up on their county "rivals" attendance will fall way off and the GHS athletic budget will take a major hit. Very few people go to BB games at GHS now and football is sure to follow with this new league. I truly hate to see it but I believe it will come to pass.

From what I've heard The new AA is onl for 2 years for the Devils.

If they choose to move up they can or stay the same.

Devils WILL DOMNIATE!!! HANDS DOWN!!! :roflol:

Yeah thats the one thing NT didn't factor in...nothing stays the same. either you act and things get better or you don't act and they get worse....Greeneville has ALWAYS been pro-active.

You may be right barb but lack of facilities and equipment such as state-of-the-art weight rooms will make most of the difference for the underfunded county schools. It will be much easier to sink than to rise! :roflol: After a couple of years of beating up on their county "rivals" attendance will fall way off and the GHS athletic budget will take a major hit. Very few people go to BB games at GHS now and football is sure to follow with this new league. I truly hate to see it but I believe it will come to pass.

I guess you have never been to one of Greeneville's home games against their old conference. Only Morristown West and Cherokee brought a consistent crowd. Back when Greeneville still played South Greene and Chuckey-Doak on a regular basis, those two schools always brought a big crowd, they knew they were going to get handled, but they came to Burley anyway.

Well im not coming on here to rag on greeneville like i did 2 years ago. when greeneville backed out on playing us in basketball... thier is no doubt greeneville will prob go to state. they might win state. i think this was one of the dumbest things ive seen putting greeneville in this conference.. but hey its goin to save us poor folk from those insane gas prices. thats a plus.. um i didnt go last night cause i already knew the out comes. greeneville kills. SG still county football power. CD same as every year. WG improveing step by step. NG will always be the way they are. but from what i heard they have improved!! um i love greenevilles football stadium.. uhh i really dont know how any of the county schools will hold the crowds .. it will be the same story in basketball to. besides CD. About 5 years to 6 years ago the county school board was debateing on the New CD school. one person made a point which i have no clue why the county schools never went threw with it. CD+SG would be one school in a central site and NG+WG in a central site.. 2 super high schools. why!!!!! did SG,NG not want this!!! we would not be talking about CDHS is running out of room 200 away from max capticy. not talking about how we goin to hold all those greeneville fans.. fact is if we would of built these 2 high schools we would have the nicest schools in the state. huge football stadiums and Basketball Arenas. i know that people would be sad the WG and SG wouldnt of played for a milk can. that doesnt mean that a new rivalry couldnt of been made with the greeneville or the other school.. i just think the county screwed everyone is the Butt... we are still paying for CDHS that is to small now didnt use to be but now it is... if we would of done this think about it.. 4 middle schools,2 high schools same k-5 schools.. it would of save so much more money.. it would of cost more true.. but in the long run..it would of been smart... now that CD is built thier is no hope for a new high school for anyone!!!! it will be 2015 before they will build a new one.... but think about what could of been... if we would of done that..wow it would of been nice...

for all county schools....

Well im not coming on here to rag on greeneville like i did 2 years ago. when greeneville backed out on playing us in basketball... thier is no doubt greeneville will prob go to state. they might win state. i think this was one of the dumbest things ive seen putting greeneville in this conference.. but hey its goin to save us poor folk from those insane gas prices. thats a plus.. um i didnt go last night cause i already knew the out comes. greeneville kills. SG still county football power. CD same as every year. WG improveing step by step. NG will always be the way they are. but from what i heard they have improved!! um i love greenevilles football stadium.. uhh i really dont know how any of the county schools will hold the crowds .. it will be the same story in basketball to. besides CD. About 5 years to 6 years ago the county school board was debateing on the New CD school. one person made a point which i have no clue why the county schools never went threw with it. CD+SG would be one school in a central site and NG+WG in a central site.. 2 super high schools. why!!!!! did SG,NG not want this!!! we would not be talking about CDHS is running out of room 200 away from max capticy. not talking about how we goin to hold all those greeneville fans.. fact is if we would of built these 2 high schools we would have the nicest schools in the state. huge football stadiums and Basketball Arenas. i know that people would be sad the WG and SG wouldnt of played for a milk can. that doesnt mean that a new rivalry couldnt of been made with the greeneville or the other school.. i just think the county screwed everyone is the Butt... we are still paying for CDHS that is to small now didnt use to be but now it is... if we would of done this think about it.. 4 middle schools,2 high schools same k-5 schools.. it would of save so much more money.. it would of cost more true.. but in the long run..it would of been smart... now that CD is built thier is no hope for a new high school for anyone!!!! it will be 2015 before they will build a new one.... but think about what could of been... if we would of done that..wow it would of been nice...

for all county schools....

You make valid points about school consolidation but this is a football board. And remember if you had those superschools you might be forced to play up in 3a.....man I can almost hear the whining..."us poor little county schools can't compete with MoWest much less Maryville"...