Henry county versus Liberty week 0

the prophet

Liberty has been a much improved team since their opening season, they have progressed each year and are sure to game some more momentum this season as their schedule starts off with Henry County but then falls way off and I could see Liberty winning 8 or 9 regular season games this year. However, as improved as they were last year, they were just 2-4 agains teams with a winning record, they did beat a Southside team that was not a typical Southside product, and a Hardin county team that was just not very good. They played Henry County closer than anyone but was down 35-0 before Gaddis put in his jv who gave up 14 late points. It has been rumored that Hookfin believes that Liberty would have beaten Henry coutny had they met in the playoffs. All Liberty had to do to beat Herny coutny in the plyaoffs ws to beat a Fairley team (lost it by 22) that Henry county beat by 28. well Liberty lost to Brighton by 27 points late last season and Henry county beat Brighton by 54 late last season, I see Hookfin's logic. When you lose in the first round of the playoffs to a team by 22 points (Fairley) who Henry County beat in the second round 35-7, it makes you wonder what Hookfin was really thinking. Maybe he feels like his team was much better in week 10 than they were in week 1, well Henry coutny was too.

My pick is Henry county in what may appear closer than it is causing Hookfin to believe late in the year that he could probably beat Henry county in the playoffs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty will be a tough opponent for HC in week 0. I do think HC will win but it may be a closer game than one might think because they will have a revenge factor going and their speed will probably be close to equal as HC has this year.

I am not sure but i think they have most of their skilled position players coming back. CJG and his fine staff will have the BIG RED ready come Aug.21. They will NOT come in to Patriot Stadium and light up our new scoreboard IMO.

The clock is ticking and the season is right around the corner :hungry:

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back and ready for another Big Red Playoff run :thumb:

This game is really not a big game other than it is the first game. I do not think HC will face anyone as tough as their scrimmages (Milan and Maplewood)!!

The Liberty game will be the first of many running clocks on the new scoreboard!!!

IT IS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE :lol::motorbike:

The clock is ticking and the season is right around the corner :hungry:

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back and ready for another Big Red Playoff run :thumb:

This game is really not a big game other than it is the first game. I do not think HC will face anyone as tough as their scrimmages (Milan and Maplewood)!!

The Liberty game will be the first of many running clocks on the new scoreboard!!!

IT IS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE :lol::motorbike:

I attended the Milan scrimmage and heard about the Maplewood scrimmage. Running clocks will be few and far between this season, at least thats what I see. We will score more slowly therefore running clocks wont be as likely. Liberty will be at least as fast and athletic as we are. I think we are better but Liberty should be a reasonable test.......not a running clock. You were spoiled by last season but I hope you are right.

I think Henry County will definitely be the best team in the district, but I do not think that we will have as many running clocks as many predict. Teague was a once in a lifetime player with SPEED and a high football IQ. I am going to miss him and Allen and I wish them both alot of success at their new schools! Both could take a handoff and score in one play especially Teague. If you;ve not seen the videos on the website set up by patriot 04 go watch. The videos tell the story of how phenomenal both playerswere in their own rights. I think we'll have a more traditional team, one that will play good to great defense and an offense that can string together several 8-10 play scoring drives while controlling the clock and field position. I do not think we have the same quick strike capabilities we've had the last two years. You are completely delusional if you think we do. We've almost been spoiled with one and two play drives although fun to watch. Looking forward to our first game with Libery which I predict will probably be our closest game all season and agree that they will have the revenge factor. Good luck to all the players in the coming season! Should be another great season!

Well it is finally here, and it could not have come to soon. THe atmosphere at Patriot stadium will be electric come Friday and the word on the street is Liberty expects to beat the Patriots in week 0. both teams are solid and could cause problems for one another, this game could come down to turnovers. Look for Henry COunty to end up on top at the end.

Liberty will bring a large, fast, and expierenced squad to Patriot Stadium Friday with a very strong urge for revenge. Their linemen are big, they have a veteran QB with a very strong arm, and one or two very good running backs. The talk of them being a pushover on this and other threads is insane. Probably the best team that anyone in our district opens with! We had better be ready.

GO BIG RED

I agree that Liberty will bring a large and pretty fast team to HC. I saw them scrimmage a couple of weeks ago and they are huge. The QB is as big as some teams lineman i also seen HC scrimmage Milan this year. This should be one of the best games of week o. I think it will be a close hard fought head knocker! My pick is HC i believe has just a bit more speed and quickness. I go with HC in a close one good luck to both teams hope you have a great season!! :popcorneater: