District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Anderson Co >>>(greater than)>>>SC, Dekalb, York, Upperman, Cannon

LA's season will seem like a cool summer breeze compared to the hurricane they've been in. Alot of new coaches in the District. LA plays SC in Week 2. That'll be the first measuring stick as far as the new District goes. Hope everybody in Dekalb Co gets healthy.

No disrespect D1 on your predictions for Wk 0...but DC isn't the only team in this District that can light up the scoreboard. :thumb:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Anderson Co >>>(greater than)>>>SC, Dekalb, York, Upperman, Cannon

LA's season will seem like a cool summer breeze compared to the hurricane they've been in. Alot of new coaches in the District. LA plays SC in Week 2. That'll be the first measuring stick as far as the new District goes. Hope everybody in Dekalb Co gets healthy.

No disrespect D1 on your predictions for Wk 0...but DC isn't the only team in this District that can light up the scoreboard. :popcorneater:

You are right about other teams in the district being able to light up the scoreboard bigreid. Got me thinking and here are teams ranked by offensive and defensive production in 2008.

Offensive Production by District 8-AA Teams in 2008

1. DeKalb County - 12 Games - 414 points - 34.5 avg. points per game

2. Upperman - 10 Games - 319 points - 31.9 avg. points per game

3. Smith County - 12 Games - 343 points - 28.6 avg. points per game

4. York Institute - 11 Games - 267 points - 24.3 avg. points per game

5. Cannon County - 10 Games - 215 points - 21.5 avg. points per game

6. Livingston Academy - 10 Games - 88 points - 8.8 avg. points per game

Defensive Production by District 8-AA Teams in 2008

1. Smith County - 12 Games - 127 points - 10.6 avg. points per game

2. York Institute - 11 Games - 194 points - 17.6 avg. points per game

3. Upperman - 10 Games - 215 points - 21.5 avg. points per game

4. Cannon County - 10 Games - 232 points - 23.2 avg. points per game

5. DeKalb County - 12 Games - 299 points - 24.9 avg. points per game

6. Livingston Academy - 10 Games - 270 points - 27 avg. points per game

I am biased, yeah, but I do not wear blinders. That 88 points Livingston put up, is kinda a trick. Remember, and yes, this can be used as an excuse, so call me on it, but this LA team, was down 7-0 at half vs SC last year, and 7-0 against TC last year, too. I know the confidence is high, and the expectations are high too. Giving up 27 pts a game in old 2-3A was pretty decent, considering playing offensive powers Anderson County, Fulton, Scott Co., Austin East (14-0 Loss), and Knox Catholic. Plus Smith and TC, and York. Anyway, I wont put too much thought into last years numbers, because I think DeKalb caught people off guard. Kinda like Vince Young in his first year, hard to stop, but when everyone else figures it out, bust. I think Smith is the favorite, and the rest is wide open. Im feeling someone is going to call me out, but oh well.

I agree with you King21,.......somewhat. Killer schedule skews LA numbers. But half way through the season, DC didn't sneek up on anybody. Everybody knew what was coming.

Some keys are DC's O-line and defense. SCs running game. Yorks replacing some key players on both sides. LA.....who knows...I haven't figured them out in the last 3 years.

Games to watch are:

DC at SC and York

SC at LA and York

LA at DC

York at LA

I am biased, yeah, but I do not wear blinders. That 88 points Livingston put up, is kinda a trick. Remember, and yes, this can be used as an excuse, so call me on it, but this LA team, was down 7-0 at half vs SC last year, and 7-0 against TC last year, too. I know the confidence is high, and the expectations are high too. Giving up 27 pts a game in old 2-3A was pretty decent, considering playing offensive powers Anderson County, Fulton, Scott Co., Austin East (14-0 Loss), and Knox Catholic. Plus Smith and TC, and York. Anyway, I wont put too much thought into last years numbers, because I think DeKalb caught people off guard. Kinda like Vince Young in his first year, hard to stop, but when everyone else figures it out, bust. I think Smith is the favorite, and the rest is wide open. Im feeling someone is going to call me out, but oh well.

King21, after reading those comments Im not calling you out, but I am going to have to defend DeKalb a little here. There has been alot of continuous talk about how difficult LA's schedule was last year. You want to talk about schedules, look at the teams DeKalb put those numbers up against. No need to rename them again. Also seems its hard for you to give DeKalb a little recognition. Let me remind you this is not your old DeKalb Co. program. Totally new outlook, atmosphere, support, and dedication over in Smithville.

And believe it or not King21 alot of people truly believe DeKalb will be even better this year at the skill positions than last year. With the return of Poteete, Edwards, Johnson, Collier, and the additions of Weatherby, Morris, and Young makes for alot of options. When you can go with that many quality wide receivers and then consider the qb's arm and running ability, trust me it can cause alot of problems for opponents.

It is not a secret that our line and linebackers are young or inexperienced or both. How much they improve and how quickly they improve will be the key. Along with staying healthy of course.

King21, when I look at the schedules I see one thing that completely jumps out. DeKalb and LA play each other the last game of the regular season. With DeKalb having their bye week prior to that game, which will help. That game could very well be the winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home. I dont know what you think but I like the way they set that up between DeKalb and LA.

D1...I have looked at DC's schedule from 08. There is no way you can compare DC's 08 schedule with LA's.

LA played Smith Co. - Trousdale Co. - Knox. Cath. - York - Knox. Austin East - Anderson Co. -Knox. Fulton

DC played.......Station Camp - White House - and I guess you have to throw Watertown in there.

I don't cipher real well, but that looks like 7 quality teams to 2 1/2.

Dang...even region 4-2A's 4the place team, Upperman, gave you all you wanted.

D1...I have looked at DC's schedule from 08. There is no way you can compare DC's 08 schedule with LA's.

LA played Smith Co. - Trousdale Co. - Knox. Cath. - York - Knox. Austin East - Anderson Co. -Knox. Fulton

DC played.......Station Camp - White House - and I guess you have to throw Watertown in there.

I don't cipher real well, but that looks like 7 quality teams to 2 1/2.

Dang...even region 4-2A's 4the place team, Upperman, gave you all you wanted.

D1 - DC did have a fairly tough schedule last year and for the first time this century had a pretty good team. Now, please don't insinuate that DC had even close to as tough a schedule as LA had. I know everyone in DC feels great after last year, as they should, but lets not jump off the ship.

King21, after reading those comments Im not calling you out, but I am going to have to defend DeKalb a little here. There has been alot of continuous talk about how difficult LA's schedule was last year. You want to talk about schedules, look at the teams DeKalb put those numbers up against. No need to rename them again. Also seems its hard for you to give DeKalb a little recognition. Let me remind you this is not your old DeKalb Co. program. Totally new outlook, atmosphere, support, and dedication over in Smithville.

And believe it or not King21 alot of people truly believe DeKalb will be even better this year at the skill positions than last year. With the return of Poteete, Edwards, Johnson, Collier, and the additions of Weatherby, Morris, and Young makes for alot of options. When you can go with that many quality wide receivers and then consider the qb's arm and running ability, trust me it can cause alot of problems for opponents.

It is not a secret that our line and linebackers are young or inexperienced or both. How much they improve and how quickly they improve will be the key.

I think most people want to see DeKalb replace those lineman before they right you in contention for the top spot. I know I do. I know I was surprised to hear that Monterey gave DC all they wanted in a scrimmage. And yes I know, there were a couple of receivers out.