District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

D1...I have looked at DC's schedule from 08. There is no way you can compare DC's 08 schedule with LA's.

LA played Smith Co. - Trousdale Co. - Knox. Cath. - York - Knox. Austin East - Anderson Co. -Knox. Fulton

DC played.......Station Camp - White House - and I guess you have to throw Watertown in there.

I don't cipher real well, but that looks like 7 quality teams to 2 1/2.

Dang...even region 4-2A's 4the place team, Upperman, gave you all you wanted.

Good point termite but ill go a little more into detail... DC also played Warren, Pearl Cohn, Sycamore, Greenbriar, and Mcminn Central so that would make 7 1/2 Quality teams in my opinion and 8 1/2 if you consider they played White House twice... I dont see LA having much success against any of those teams.. they didn't even beat York who got hammered by Upperman.. Upperman was not as bad as everyone thinks.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D1...I have looked at DC's schedule from 08. There is no way you can compare DC's 08 schedule with LA's.

LA played Smith Co. - Trousdale Co. - Knox. Cath. - York - Knox. Austin East - Anderson Co. -Knox. Fulton

DC played.......Station Camp - White House - and I guess you have to throw Watertown in there.

Good point termite but ill go a little more into detail... DC also played Warren, Pearl Cohn, Sycamore, Greenbriar, and Mcminn Central so that would make 7 1/2 Quality teams in my opinion and 8 1/2 if you consider they played White House twice... I dont see LA having much success against any of those teams.. they didn't even beat York who got hammered by Upperman.. Upperman was not as bad as everyone thinks.

Warren Co.?? McMinn Cent.?? P.C.?? Last year?? None of those compare to the weakest I mentioned that LA played. O.K. take York off the list. Now, find the weakest team out of those left. Now, find the strongest PC?, Syc.? GreenB.? Mc.Cent.?...........I guess it depends on your definition of quality team. DC didn't play W.H. twice in the regular season and York had the region in hand until they self imploded due to coaching issues.

Warren Co.?? McMinn Cent.?? P.C.?? Last year?? None of those compare to the weakest I mentioned that LA played. O.K. take York off the list. Now, find the weakest team out of those left. Now, find the strongest PC?, Syc.? GreenB.? Mc.Cent.?...........I guess it depends on your definition of quality team. DC didn't play W.H. twice in the regular season and York had the region in hand until they self imploded due to coaching issues.

I don't see LA beating any of those teams and Dekalb met White House for a second time in the Playoffs... I'm not trying to put LA down in any way.. I will agree with you they played a tough schedule but so did DeKalb.. LA had a season much like Pearl Cohn both a very good team just didnt have a good season.. and im sure you will agree with me on this DeKalb and LA should be powerhouses in the new region both teams came from a much better region than we are in now.

LA didn't fare well in their Region. Dekalb wouldn't have either. WH would've finished no better than 2 and probably further down in the last 4 years. That don't have much to do with LA and DC this year. Both will be in the Top 3. We'll just have to see how it plays out as to what the order is. If the Tigers can find an O-line and the Owls can get a running game going then DC @ SC is for the District Title. :huh:

LA didn't fare well in their Region. Dekalb wouldn't have either. WH would've finished no better than 2 and probably further down in the last 4 years. That don't have much to do with LA and DC this year. Both will be in the Top 3. We'll just have to see how it plays out as to what the order is. If the Tigers can find an O-line and the Owls can get a running game going then DC @ SC is for the District Title. :huh:

Well its obvious that White House would have did no better than 2 they lost to Knox... I do think DeKalb would have won more than one game but LA could have won more than won game also just some things didnt go there way... and if DeKalb doesnt find a Oline this year they will not be in the top 3 in the region. I just hope for a great season and some really good football games

We're not referring to One Year Wonders. People get too caught up in one years accomplishments. We're not talking about "just" last year. If you're looking at "just" this year...Dekalb will be a good team. After this year, i won't go that far. A good run of talent don't make a program. It dang sure helps...but it don't make a program successful.

We're not referring to One Year Wonders. People get too caught up in one years accomplishments. We're not talking about "just" last year. If you're looking at "just" this year...Dekalb will be a good team. After this year, i won't go that far. A good run of talent don't make a program. It dang sure helps...but it don't make a program successful.

I agree 100% I think DeKalb will be good this year for 2 years in a row now but next year we will learn if they are a good program or not like Smith County who reloads every year it seems... but lets just get threw this year first

e="shadow09"]

!

I agree 100% I think DeKalb will be good this year for 2 years in a row now but next year we will learn if they are a good program or not like Smith County who reloads every year it seems... but lets just get threw this year first

Two good posts.

Looks like a little conversation today in this thread. Been reading through the posts and there are a couple people I would personally like to thank. First of all, scooter, who reminded all of us that for the first time in 100 years DeKalb had a good team!!!! Also, scooter, who gave us permission to be proud of last years accomplishments but also kept us from jumping off the side of the ship at the same time. Thank you scooter!!! lol :popcorneater:

The next person, Termite. Thank you for pointing out that DeKalb only faced 2.5 quality teams all of last year. This is news to me and probably everyone else. The 2.5 quality teams being Station Camp, White House, and the 1/2 going to no other than Watertown. Sorry Warren Co, Greenbriar, and McMinn Central but in Termites eyes you havent quiet made it to Watertown status just yet!!!!!! Oh man, Termite, that was a good one. I cant wait for you to defend that statement. :roflol:

And lastly, bigreid. Who kept DeKalb from believing they already had a dynasty going. Bigreid, I dont know what we would do without you their to remind us, one season does not make a program. Which I thought was pretty much common sense. But, thank you bigreid, and if we have another good year over in DeKalb please remind us that even two successful years does not mean that you have a good program. :blink:

I know how touchy people can get in here and this was just for fun, but I couldnt help not make reference to a couple of those comments. Reading through those comments I had to laugh a little bit. Actually all of these heart warming comments has just made me realize that DeKalb may not be the next Alcoa. Thanks everyone I hope you keep up the good work. :popcorneater:

Looks like a little conversation today in this thread. Been reading through the posts and there are a couple people I would personally like to thank. First of all, scooter, who reminded all of us that for the first time in 100 years DeKalb had a good team!!!! Also, scooter, who gave us permission to be proud of last years accomplishments but also kept us from jumping off the side of the ship at the same time. Thank you scooter!!! lol :popcorneater:

The next person, Termite. Thank you for pointing out that DeKalb only faced 2.5 quality teams all of last year. This is news to me and probably everyone else. The 2.5 quality teams being Station Camp, White House, and the 1/2 going to no other than Watertown. Sorry Warren Co, Greenbriar, and McMinn Central but in Termites eyes you havent quiet made it to Watertown status just yet!!!!!! Oh man, Termite, that was a good one. I cant wait for you to defend that statement. :roflol:

And lastly, bigreid. Who kept DeKalb from believing they already had a dynasty going. Bigreid, I dont know what we would do without you their to remind us, one season does not make a program. Which I thought was pretty much common sense. But, thank you bigreid, and if we have another good year over in DeKalb please remind us that even two successful years does not mean that you have a good program. :blink:

I know how touchy people can get in here and this was just for fun, but I couldnt help not make reference to a couple of those comments. Reading through those comments I had to laugh a little bit. Actually all of these heart warming comments has just made me realize that DeKalb may not be the next Alcoa. Thanks everyone I hope you keep up the good work. :popcorneater:

Woooh D1 - where did I say DC had not won a game in 100 yrs ? Read my post - I said DC had not been strong THIS CENTURY.When did this century start ? Hello