District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

Bottom line, D1. There have been several teams in recent years to get competitive for a year or two only to go away with a whimper.. Also, defense wins big games. Nobody that I've read has downed DC season last year, other than stating adamantly that their schedule didn't really compare to LA's. I agree with that, BTW

Should be a good year in our district. It doesn't mean a whole lot for a 3A team to picked preseason at #1. It will say a bit more when that 3A team wins it. We shall see how it plays out.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooter, have to correct you, but I believe it is you that needs to read the post again. When you say that you didnt make the comment "has not won a game in 100 years", I agree and nowhere in my post does it even refer to this. It simply says "good team", which is what you posted. Anyway, doesnt really matter just wanted to set the record straight, unless I am the one completely misreading sentences.

Bottom line, D1. There have been several teams in recent years to get competitive for a year or two only to go away with a whimper.. Also, defense wins big games. Nobody that I've read has downed DC season last year, other than stating adamantly that their schedule didn't really compare to LA's. I agree with that, BTW

Should be a good year in our district. It doesn't mean a whole lot for a 3A team to picked preseason at #1. It will say a bit more when that 3A team wins it. We shall see how it plays out.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!!

I completely agree with you imallin. I see the point your making about teams having a couple of glory years and then nothing for eight to ten years. Hopefully DeKalb can continue to work and improve their system to the point they can be competitive year in year out. Also agree Defense wins big games, and our offensive system seems to be way ahead of our defensive system at the time. Also agree no one has downed DC season last year, just drawing some attention to some interesting posts today. And lastly, believe it or not, I totally agree Smith Co. should be #1 going into the season. A few to many question marks with all the other teams, and Smith Co. has that long proven track record of success year, after year, after year, that no one else in our district even comes close to.

Should be a good year, and this is the way the region should be set up in my opinion. All the surrounding counties battling it out, just like in all the other sports.

Well, D1. I guess I owe you an apology. Afte looking at Greenbrier's and Warren Co.s competation and records......there is no way LA could have played you ya'll's region. They were much better off playing the lesser competation of Fulton, SC, TC, Knox.Cath, AE, and Anderson Co.. Good thing they didn't play Macon Co., PC, Greenbrier,or Warren Co. They wouldn't have survived. My bad about McMinn Cent. too. I didn't know they were in your region. I thought you only saw them in the playoffs, where usually the compitation is a little tougher. It's been a while , so you probably forgot. :D

Defend what statement?? The comment about Watertown?? "no other than Watertown" and "Watertown status".........Well best as I can figure........lil ole Watertown went something like this....

DC V Watertown 2007 28-14 2006 10-7 2005 31-0 2002 24-0 2001 18-14....SO LOWLY Watertown pretty much OWNED Smithville this decade. 5 out of 6 . Yelp.."no other than Watertown". Your turn. Defend that. :thumb: (Remember........it's all in fun)

Well, D1. I guess I owe you an apology. Afte looking at Greenbrier's and Warren Co.s competation and records......there is no way LA could have played you ya'll's region. They were much better off playing the lesser competation of Fulton, SC, TC, Knox.Cath, AE, and Anderson Co.. Good thing they didn't play Macon Co., PC, Greenbrier,or Warren Co. They wouldn't have survived. My bad about McMinn Cent. too. I didn't know they were in your region. I thought you only saw them in the playoffs, where usually the compitation is a little tougher. It's been a while , so you probably forgot. :D

Defend what statement?? The comment about Watertown?? "no other than Watertown" and "Watertown status".........Well best as I can figure........lil ole Watertown went something like this....

DC V Watertown 2007 28-14 2006 10-7 2005 31-0 2002 24-0 2001 18-14....SO LOWLY Watertown pretty much OWNED Smithville this decade. 5 out of 6 . Yelp.."no other than Watertown". Your turn. Defend that. :thumb: (Remember........it's all in fun)

Termite, you may need to be a politician. You totally dodged the question at hand like a pro. The question is Termite, do you still stand by your post that Watertown is a notch above, for lack of a better term, than Warren Co, Greenbrier, or McMinn Central. And for the record I have never stated the DC schedule was tougher than LA's. I just said that there had been alot of talk about how difficult LA's schedule was and how they are now going to benefit from it, and I replied that DC had alot of success against a pretty difficult schedule itself last year.

La would not have beaten any of those teams last year.. They would have put up a better fight against thoughs teams than they did against there region... However that is all last year which doesnt mean anything

Scooter, have to correct you, but I believe it is you that needs to read the post again. When you say that you didnt make the comment "has not won a game in 100 years", I agree and nowhere in my post does it even refer to this. It simply says "good team", which is what you posted. Anyway, doesnt really matter just wanted to set the record straight, unless I am the one completely misreading sentences.

The crux of the comment was "100 years" - I said "this century" - you exploited "100 years" to try and take emphasis off recent record. You are correct, it doesn't matter :thumb:

scooter the cub is about 12 miles past my house ... yes been thru there plenty of times.. remember around 71 or 72 I helped my brother on a milk route we came over the cub without a break one with 6 inches of snow on the ground still think about that and how scared I was

I noticed on your screen - location Lower Alpine - and Cub is just past Alpine. Man, I would be scared to come off Cub in a milk truck with dry land and good brakes. How many switchbacks are on Cub? It is an adventure - I came up and down Cub while the state had the barricades up to stop traffic because the road was in such bad condition - no asphalt on the switchbacks, just dirt. Anyone who reads this post and wants to have some fun - try Cub Mountain.

Well, D1. It's like I ALSO said...it depends on what you call a quality team. The discussion was about DC's 08 competition compaired to LAs. LA plays more quality teams than DC. IMO Fulton, TC, SC, AE, AC, and Knox.Cath. are quality teams. So is WH, Station Camp and yelp, throw Watertown in the mix. What makes them a quality team?? Most of these teams are in the top 10-15 consistantly? Can you say the same about the teams you mentioned....Bobcats and Pioneers???

You seem to like history and stats........let's do a litttle ciphering.

DC v Warren Co. Both what 3A?? ........ DC 42 Warren Co. 25 = 17 points

DC v Greenbrier Both 3A ........ DC 45 Greenbrier 18 = 18 points

DC v Mcminn C. 3A playoff team........ DC 28 McMinn C. 14 = 14 points

Lil ole Watertown 1A ......... DC 31 Watertown 14 = 17 points...." Watertown Status" isn't that what you said?? Looks like quality to me.......

I stand corrected...If a Watertown , a 1A school could play DC as well as those powerhouses of 3A you mentioned played them......Watertown as a whole may be 2 notches ahead of them. :thumb:

Well, D1. It's like I ALSO said...it depends on what you call a quality team. The discussion was about DC's 08 competition compaired to LAs. LA plays more quality teams than DC. IMO Fulton, TC, SC, AE, AC, and Knox.Cath. are quality teams. So is WH, Station Camp and yelp, throw Watertown in the mix. What makes them a quality team?? Most of these teams are in the top 10-15 consistantly? Can you say the same about the teams you mentioned....Bobcats and Pioneers???

You seem to like history and stats........let's do a litttle ciphering.

DC v Warren Co. Both what 3A?? ........ DC 42 Warren Co. 25 = 17 points

DC v Greenbrier Both 3A ........ DC 45 Greenbrier 18 = 18 points

DC v Mcminn C. 3A playoff team........ DC 28 McMinn C. 14 = 14 points

Lil ole Watertown 1A ......... DC 31 Watertown 14 = 17 points...." Watertown Status" isn't that what you said?? Looks like quality to me.......

I stand corrected...If a Watertown , a 1A school could play DC as well as those powerhouses of 3A you mentioned played them......Watertown as a whole may be 2 notches ahead of them. :thumb:

Well Warren was actually 5A but that doesnt matter... I know you cant really compare Watertown and TC but atleast DC beat the 1A school on there schdule.. LA-0 TC-35 but like i said none of it matters now... a win is a win no matter who you play