Farragut vs Dobyns Bennett

BatmanDB

Allvolfan1, when you're talking about Farragut RB's not having any break away speed, are you talking about the same back that went up the middle, broke to the sideline, and went 75 yards against Alcoa in a scrimmage? Yeah, you are right, that's not fast at all. Hard to believe Alcoa's DB's are that slow....but I guess you have a different definition of "break away" speed.

To answer you question yea and the commit about the Aloca scrimmage (a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then). All I heard about this kid last year and the few games I saw no he really didn't have the break away speed looks good but thats it. Last years o-line was pretty good and this years teams o-line no where close to last years team. All you have to do against Farragut is watch last years WB, OR, Ooltewahs games and load the box against them. Healthy or not Browning can not run.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allvolfan1, I would agree that Browning is absolutely no threat to run, but Browning is probably not playing this Friday. Purty averaged 7.2 yds/att., Hudson averaged 5.9 yds/att., and Van Dyne averaged 8.7 yds/att. last season. That strikes me as plenty of speed in Farragut's backfield this Friday. If Purty get into the secondary he will not be caught from behind. If Van Dyne gets to the corner on his rollouts he will be dangerous. Plus there is actually the threat of the QB counter with Van Dyne that must be respected. The teams you mentioned last year, and teams this year with Browning back, will not have to worry about the counter.

Allvolfan1, I would agree that Browning is absolutely no threat to run, but Browning is probably not playing this Friday. Purty averaged 7.2 yds/att., Hudson averaged 5.9 yds/att., and Van Dyne averaged 8.7 yds/att. last season. That strikes me as plenty of speed in Farragut's backfield this Friday. If Purty get into the secondary he will not be caught from behind. If Van Dyne gets to the corner on his rollouts he will be dangerous. Plus there is actually the threat of the QB counter with Van Dyne that must be respected. The teams you mentioned last year, and teams this year with Browning back, will not have to worry about the counter.

I do not know why you put the Hudson kid in there. What one game. Purty longest run was against SD 67, Bradley 35 and that was it. Look at OR, WB, Ooltewah I and II, Bearden game not saying his not a good back just does not have that third gear. van dyne as long as HE does good thats what matters, what is that #9 kid I thought was a player then van dyne was are they going to let him play both ways.

Teams are going to watch Ooltewah tapes and see what slows Farragut down with Browning or van dyne look at the Ooltewah game last year in the playoffs when he throw the ball. Load the box and come after them. I got the info from your guys web-site pretty nice.

I put Hudson in there because he's Farragut's #2 RB. He saw limited playing time last season due to injury. From what I've seen of him in the Spring and Summer, he has dropped some weight and looks to be faster. I agree that last season teams used pressure to counter Farragut's passing game, but that was because they knew that Browning was not going to run the ball. As far as #9, from what I've seen in scrimmages, it looks like he'll be primarily WR, but may get some snaps at safety. Farragut traditionally doesn't play many players both ways.

I don't know if we will face a team with a higher 6A ranking this year than Farragut{ 2},Clinton is number 1 in some 5A polls,so I don't think poor old Farragut and poor old Clinton is going to fly under any teams rader :roflolk: .

Until Browning is back and healthy they should not be ranked that high. Im not saying the offense cannot move the ball without him because i know they can, and will. But it is alot more comforting to have an All-State QB then your star Athlete as QB.

Defense kind of scares me because i dont know to much about the outside backers or DBs. Someone help fill me in? Can they tackle that running back?

Allvolfan1, when you're talking about Farragut RB's not having any break away speed, are you talking about the same back that went up the middle, broke to the sideline, and went 75 yards against Alcoa in a scrimmage? Yeah, you are right, that's not fast at all. Hard to believe Alcoa's DB's are that slow....but I guess you have a different definition of "break away" speed.

To answer you question yea and the commit about the Aloca scrimmage (a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then). All I heard about this kid last year and the few games I saw no he really didn't have the break away speed looks good but thats it. Last years o-line was pretty good and this years teams o-line no where close to last years team. All you have to do against Farragut is watch last years WB, OR, Ooltewahs games and load the box against them. Healthy or not Browning can not run.

allvolfan1 what in the world are you talking about. The first time I say Purty and never seen him play you could tell he was a player. He came in late pretty much right at the being of the first game. He started out a little slow learning the system but looked pretty good and got better as the season went on. If you looked at the stats you saw that he ran for 1300 yards last year. Last years team throw alot and scored from throwing and running Purty really did not have to make a real long run with the WR they had last year. I will have to agree with star power about the Aloca game and the 75 yard run looked pretty good. This year team will be fine. From the word around town Browning is not playing friday night not saying he might not take a few snaps but they wanted to get his feet under him and get ready for OR which is a region game nothing against DB but you have to win the region games to go to the playoffs with this new setup. Farragut is a little young on the o-line but if they can not get them ready then it does not matter if Browning plays or not. Defense has a good front three not real sure whats behind them and the LB's really only has the Harper kid back and the DB should be O.k.. I hope Allen will play bothways he is a pretty good FS. #9 Allen is the kid to watch this year good player.

allvolfan1 come to more games them a few before you judge a player. This game will be a good test for Farragut playing DB out of the shoot DB is a good football and I can't wait to see there big stud running back he was a freshman the last time I saw him and he looked good then. To me who ever does good upfront will win this game which is a no brainer there. Can't wait.

I hope you guys are right and your runningback is not as good as Sterling was. I never seen a runningback who ran full speed but looked like he was in slow motion because he was so smooth. I hope our O-line has gotten it together and we can see Sensabaugh run the ball all night. It would be great to get a victory over one of the states best teams. This is a great way to start the season to see where you need to improve. Looking back i wish we could schedule one good team near the end of the year because we seem to have always played down going into the playoffs. It has never been to our favor to play Cambell County and Science Hill the last couple games of the year. I'm going to miss the trips to Bearden and other Knoville schools but especially Oak Ridge. Maybe this years playoff will take us back to Blankenship field. Roll Tribe Roll.....................

Either way, with or without Browning its gonna be a tough game. I'm just not sure if we have the line to open Chris a hole...but hope I eat my words Friday night. Might have to fling it a little to open up the run, maybe a couple of sweeps with Brown to open up the middle. Anyway I look for a great opening game against an outstanding program.

tribal_spear_clr.gif

Either way, with or without Browning its gonna be a tough game. I'm just not sure if we have the line to open Chris a hole...but hope I eat my words Friday night. Might have to fling it a little to open up the run, maybe a couple of sweeps with Brown to open up the middle. Anyway I look for a great opening game against an outstanding program.

tribal_spear_clr.gif

The G-Man is a pretty smart feller... he has had time to set up some plays that will get open space for Sensabaugh, and I expect the Indians will execute those plays enough times to have some success on the ground. I also expect to see #32 out in a few pass patterns. He is hard to stop when he catches a pass.

Kick off at 7:30?

Roll Tribe Roll

allvolfan1 what in the world are you talking about. The first time I say Purty and never seen him play you could tell he was a player. He came in late pretty much right at the being of the first game. He started out a little slow learning the system but looked pretty good and got better as the season went on. If you looked at the stats you saw that he ran for 1300 yards last year. Last years team throw alot and scored from throwing and running Purty really did not have to make a real long run with the WR they had last year. I will have to agree with star power about the Aloca game and the 75 yard run looked pretty good. This year team will be fine. From the word around town Browning is not playing friday night not saying he might not take a few snaps but they wanted to get his feet under him and get ready for OR which is a region game nothing against DB but you have to win the region games to go to the playoffs with this new setup. Farragut is a little young on the o-line but if they can not get them ready then it does not matter if Browning plays or not. Defense has a good front three not real sure whats behind them and the LB's really only has the Harper kid back and the DB should be O.k.. I hope Allen will play bothways he is a pretty good FS. #9 Allen is the kid to watch this year good player.

allvolfan1 come to more games them a few before you judge a player. This game will be a good test for Farragut playing DB out of the shoot DB is a good football and I can't wait to see there big stud running back he was a freshman the last time I saw him and he looked good then. To me who ever does good upfront will win this game which is a no brainer there. Can't wait.

Maybe I will. Aren't you the one last year talking about the second Ooltewah game and the play calling.