Trigg Co. @ Union City: Week 0

BigSwo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigg County lost a lot of their skill players from last year's 6-6 team. Their running game appears to be struggling right now. Defensively, they return seven starters from a good defensive team last year.

It will be tough to make the 1 hour 45 minute drive and play against a good Union City team. Union City should have the advantage based on who they have coming back and the fact Tennessee schools are allowed four scrimmages and Trigg played their one and only scrimmage last week.

I look forward to seeing the game.

Well, they likely would have been better prepared except for the UC coaches not allowing them into UC's third scrimmage. I'm not sure you can do that, but I still look forward to an interesting opening night game.

Their third scrimmage wasn't even played.......They got backed out on....You'd be just watching a practice.....

As for the game....If Union City doesn't turn the ball over look for them to win by 2-3 tds......Can't wait for Friday....Football season is finally here :huh:

Well, they likely would have been better prepared except for the UC coaches not allowing them into UC's third scrimmage. I'm not sure you can do that, but I still look forward to an interesting opening night game.

If Trigg had only gotten one film it would have been all they needed...What you see is what you get with them (UC)...They (UC) just line up and do what they do and dare you to stop them...

If Trigg only scrimmaged one time, I would have only sent one film if I was a UC coach but that's just me..... :popcorneater:

It was the one before Gleason backed out. On a Friday night.

I understand Union City is stout against the run because of their pressure but that it may leave some receivers open? And have they settled on a quarterback?

I completely forgot about Fayette Academy scrimmage, but if they had brought a camera then they wouldn't be allowed....Either way it doesn't really matter, Union City, like Purple said will just run right at you until you stop it....

This could be a very good match-up , I have seen Trigg Co. play in the past and they usually have some very good athletes, very similar to U.C. , they may be down this year , but it is a very good football community , that has won state titles and produced D-1 players. If my home team was not playing this would be a good game to watch.

It was the one before Gleason backed out. On a Friday night.

I understand Union City is stout against the run because of their pressure but that it may leave some receivers open? And have they settled on a quarterback?

Union City is stout against everything because of their pressure..

but the DBs are good and fast enough to run with any recievers..

the coach has a lot trust in them that he plays man coverage a lot that way he can send more guys upfront on blitzes..

As for the QB job..... not much can be said.. Zack Caveness looks to be the projected starter which gives UC a backfield with three power runners.. which is good for our type of offense..

should be a great game B) .. good luck to both teams..

but most of all WIN UNION CITY!!!!!!! :thumb:

Good luck to UC! Represent Tn. High School Football.

Scribe, (or anyone else for that matter)

Can you give us any info. on Mayfield? We (TC) play in their "classic", or whatever next Sat. You may, or may not, be familiar enough with them to express an opinion. Just wait until next week to respond. No need in taking up airways on this thread. Thanks.