Millington @ Memphis University school

What does everyone think of this friday's game at Mus ? I think it will be a close for a half and Mus will run away and win possibly anywhere from 14-17 points. I think the key for Millington is to keep Barry Brunetti in the pocket , this guy can run it and throw it. I hope Millington has a good gameplan and good running game going. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millington has the athletes no doubt. MUS will be well coached and disciplined. I believe that both teams will be up to the task. Containing the MUS quarterback for Millington and MUS stopping the power run game of Millington. Ultimately it will come down to coaching and game planning. It should be a great game. It will be a long week of anticipation.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

I am too ready for Friday! We will have to contain the passing game of the Owls though if we are to have any chance. Hopefully, we can run the football, move the chains, control the clock and come out on top. The kicking game for MUS will be outstanding. Hopefully, the game will not come down to fgs. If so, we will be at a distinct disadvantage. All in all, I think we're going to be alright. Friday will be here before you know it. GO TROJANS!!!!!

What does everyone think of this friday's game at Mus ? I think it will be a close for a half and Mus will run away and win possibly anywhere from 14-17 points. I think the key for Millington is to keep Barry Brunetti in the pocket , this guy can run it and throw it. I hope Millington has a good gameplan and good running game going. Good luck to both teams.

I tend to agree with you, BartlettGrad.

--------------------------------------------

Without question, Millington's defense is going to get tested to the 10th power!!!! MUS' balanced offense was awesome last year. This year, with practically all of its offensive guys returning, coupled with one additional year of experience....WOW, they're likely to be as super-potent and dangerous as a gram of weapons-grade Anthrax!!!!!

I firmly believe that if Millington can hold MUS to less than 24 points, then Millington stands a chance to pull off the upset. Frankly, based on the pre-season observation of many of you on this board, I doubt very seriously that Millington's defense is going to be able to do that.

MUS' defense is the only question mark, for them, going into this game.

Everyone knows that MUS lost practically its entire defense, from last year! They are rebuilding on that side of the ball. I suspect that Millington should be able to exploit MUS' young, inexperienced defense, PROVIDED they implement a balanced attack, move the "chains" consistently....and do not fall behind by more than 10 points!

If Millington lines up and tries to do that ol' "3-yards-in-a-cloud-of-dust" type stuff, then MUS' coaching staff is guaranteed to quickly make the proper adjustments and shut Millington down. Millington absolutely, positively MUST be able to pass the ball reasonably effectively in order to expolit MUS' inexperienced defense and, inturn, sustain offensive momentum.

--------------------------------------------

PREDICTION: MUS 31 -- Millington 17

If Millington lines up and tries to do that ol' "3-yards-in-a-cloud-of-dust" type stuff, then MUS' coaching staff is guaranteed to quickly make the proper adjustments and shut Millington down. Millington absolutely, positively MUST be able to pass the ball reasonably effectively in order to expolit MUS' inexperienced defense and, inturn, sustain offensive momentum.

TraderB:

When's the last time you watched a Coach Hawkin's team do anything else but the ol' "3-yards-in-a-cloud-or-dust" type of stuff? He's Chuck Knoll personified. Millington is going to do thier thing ... and that's run the ball. They will throw it every now and again just to keep the defense honest ... but make no mistake ... Coach Hawkins isn't about to change his stripes just because last years D-II champs are on the other side of the field. I wouldn't expect him to either.

TraderB:

When's the last time you watched a Coach Hawkin's team do anything else but the ol' "3-yards-in-a-cloud-or-dust" type of stuff? He's Chuck Knoll personified. Millington is going to do thier thing ... and that's run the ball. They will throw it every now and again just to keep the defense honest ... but make no mistake ... Coach Hawkins isn't about to change his stripes just because last years D-II champs are on the other side of the field. I wouldn't expect him to either.

Howdy, kwc!!!

You're absolutely correct, kwc--Coach Hawkins is who he is........he ain't gon' change for nuthin'!

----------------------------------

I think my memory must have gotten rusty, this off-season. I forgot just that quickly, just how religiously committed Millington's coach is to the running game!

For Millington's sake, they better hope that their running game is clicking on all cylinders. If not, then it's likely to be a very long night for them!

Millington went back to there regular D against Houston during the Jamboree. They actually looked very good . Didnt give up much if any yards to Houston. Im sure he will mix in the new D but will mostly run his regular D. Also i have a feeling Millington will pass the ball more.. Not the long passes but short roll out passes or atleast thats what i saw Friday night. Kinda reminded me of when Independence beat us in the play offs.. the short roll out passes beat us.

Millington has a lot of kids coming back that either started or played a lot last year. These kids are a strong bunch. They have the talent to win. It will come down to if they have been prepared and coached properly. If they have we will see an upset.....if they have not we will be upset! It is no secret what MUS will do offensively and defensively. The question is have they been prepared for it??

It is pretty obvious we face a real challenge Friday night at MUS. Let's see they have the number one dual threat qb in the country, They finished last season undefeated, and state champions. Not to mention a ranking of 24 in the country.Looks like a uphill battle for us.

That being said, I think we are and will be much better than anyone is giving us credit for, we seem to get more credit state wide than locally. I think we will know early on if we can handle a very well coached team.

I for one will support the TROJANS 100 percent and believe we can win. If not remember it is not where you start it is where you finish. I applaud Coach Hawkins for the schedule, it will help us greatly in the end. Remember this group of kids believe and have no reason not to, just look at the records for these juniors and seniors. See you at the game.

"WE ARE MILLINGTON,LET'S GO TROJANS" :thumb: