Ryan vs. Overton

PurpleIrish0x0

Stbulldog, your posts are well thought out and and I agree with most of them. However, I am not speaking of students who don't play because it is "hard" but I will leave that aside for the moment.

How would you explain the low team morale as it relates to the coaching issues / daddyball issues?

I don't believe that every player needs to "like" their coach but I do believe they have to have buy in. Even the best players that have been on Ryan's team the last few years and have great attitudes are effected by this issue. I don't believe that a football team has to be at the top all of the time. But what I do believe in is integrity at every level of coaching and doing what is best for the team overall -especially at Ryan.

I agree that team spirit and daddyball are important issues and usually lead to trouble, especially daddyball and if that has effected most of the squad for the last few seasons, then changes need to be made. You are absolutely right, they do have to buy in to the coaching as their best chance for victory or it is an impossible situation. I hope this is resolved in the near future. Take Care, :roflolk:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schools where the head football coach is the defacto head of the school tend to be very poorly run. Tommy Owen never had any illusions as to who ran MBA. That would include '78-'79, where the interim headmaster was over 20 years younger than Coach Owen, and had at least 10 years less time at the school.

And it's probably not a good idea for the alumni to run it either....