District 11A

thenomad

I went to the CA-Hampshire game Friday night fully expecting the Lady Bulldogs to dismantle the girls from Hampshire, and expecting to get on here and say I saw exactly what I had been saying I would out of the girls at Hampshire. I now have a different opinion on what they have there now. The group of girls at Hampshire look nothing like they have for the last several seasons. They were everywhere and played very, very hard. I sat upstairs behind the Hampshire bench and I will say it appears they do have a very good coach, he was working hard to get those girls to play hard, and that says alot. CA was fortunate to get most of the calls, especially early, or the score could have been flipped. While Hampshire did struggle to take care of the ball from time to time, they were relentless in their offensive attack, and had they gotten some of the calls in the paint it would have been tight at the end. CA girls were able to overcome the aggressiveness of Hampshire and play control ball in the 3rd quarter.

Congrats to CA girls on a hard fought game, and congrats to the Hampshire program, as they are playing much better than I have seen in a long, long time.

Thanks for the remarks regarding Coach Fyte and the ladies. There is no doubt that they have improved. Coach Fyte is a good one and I think they can beat Coffee Co on the 21st.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Culleoka/Richland game was ugly. Culleoka had multiple paint opportunities and came up empty on most of them. Richland flat out hustled them (which is not something you can coach). Culleoka had numerous fouls with Richland never reaching 7 either half I believe. If the boys game was poorly officiated then the girls' game was atrocious. Culleoka couldn't hit a shot and then went spastic. Through 3 quarters, they had 13 point. They scored 13 points in the 4th alone!! Maybe Miller needs to sub out his starting 5 for those 5 Cullypride was talking about! Culleoka had to miss on at least 50 open scoring opportunities. I was on the Richland side watching the game and couldn't believe how someone goes from calm and practically quiet to red-faced and screaming within one minute between quarters. However, everything he said was true. Missed layups, lack of hustle...wow he ripped into them. In the 4th quarter, the deficit was 35 points and was cut to 25 points; however, Culleoka was still pressing.

the starting five comment had to be the most idiotic thing i have ever heard. Culleoka's last string was also playing Richland's last string and that is not even comparable to Richland's first OR second string. the only reason those girls look like they half way had heart was because it was apparent this is the first year they have ever even seen a basketball gym. if coach Miller wants to loose his job along with all his decent players then by all means he should start that last string. if not then maybe he should work a little harder with making the first string better. i was also sitting on the Richland side and i don't think he ripped into them at all, i think he did nothing but make himself look like an idiot.

The Culleoka/Richland game was ugly. Culleoka had multiple paint opportunities and came up empty on most of them. Richland flat out hustled them (which is not something you can coach). Culleoka had numerous fouls with Richland never reaching 7 either half I believe. If the boys game was poorly officiated then the girls' game was atrocious. Culleoka couldn't hit a shot and then went spastic. Through 3 quarters, they had 13 point. They scored 13 points in the 4th alone!! Maybe Miller needs to sub out his starting 5 for those 5 Cullypride was talking about! Culleoka had to miss on at least 50 open scoring opportunities. I was on the Richland side watching the game and couldn't believe how someone goes from calm and practically quiet to red-faced and screaming within one minute between quarters. However, everything he said was true. Missed layups, lack of hustle...wow he ripped into them. In the 4th quarter, the deficit was 35 points and was cut to 25 points; however, Culleoka was still pressing.

the starting five comment had to be the most idiotic thing i have ever heard. Culleoka's last string was also playing Richland's last string and that is not even comparable to Richland's first OR second string. the only reason those girls look like they half way had heart was because it was apparent this is the first year they have ever even seen a basketball gym. if coach Miller wants to loose his job along with all his decent players then by all means he should start that last string. if not then maybe he should work a little harder with making the first string better. i was also sitting on the Richland side and i don't think he ripped into them at all, i think he did nothing but make himself look like an idiot.

Richland only has 10 players and one of those was sick with the flu?? It's not even possible to have a full 2nd string not to mention a 3rd. And how did you not hear him? I was on the Cully side and could understand half of what he said OVER the Richland cheerleaders who were doing a cheer center court between quarters. About time he showed some passion. Could it have been because they were playing Richland? Sure. But either way it was good to see.

Anybody know how tournaments have been going?

In the Hampshire Classic, Hampshire lost twice and Santa Fe split.

Monday and Tuesday has Santa Fe and Hampshire in the Santa Fe Classic, Mt Pleasant and Culleoka in the Mt Pleasant Tiger Classic, Richland and Cornersville in the Richland Classic and CA in the Jackson Christian Classic.

Culleoka got beat by Webb School by 30 something. A team with 17 players got out hustled by a team with 7! Can't expect to win when you have more fouls/turnovers than points.

what is going on in Culleoka?

Nothing. That is exactly what is going on....nothing. No hustle. No pride. No fight. Nothing.

Any 8th graders been brought to varsity?