District 4a This Year

Honestly.....I see us dropping in around 2 or 3, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got it going and won the regular season.....it's just going to take showing up every night. I hope this team doesn't hit a rough spot though, I'm not sure they are too equipped mentally to overcome a stretch of games where they lose some confidence. There certainly are some players that can contribute......Lay and Bond are very good when they are on! Some of the others could make them dangerous if they play up to their potential. We'll all soon find out though!

Kazanity :lol:

What"s up with your coach I heard he is not the coach any more

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach West took some time off, but the Ladies are still in capable hands with long time assistant Coach Marcum. Marcum has also added Coach Martin to the staff. She is plenty experienced as a player and coach. There may be an early season drop-off, but by crunch time this team should be in the mix. Youth is the biggest obstacle, he may start 5 juniors, but his best chance of winning will be three juniors and 2 sophomores starting.

That's right Oneida will be fine as a team. If you look at the program they were close to breaking through last year. The game with Wartburg in the Regional Tournament will stay in my memory for a long time. You saw two groups of kids that loved the people they played for and seniors that didn't want to go home. I think lady indians learned a lot from that moment and will rally around their current coach to produce a good team.

The fact is we have got to get our young kids to play up and be leaders!

I'll try to get to the Wartburg Scott Co scrimmage tonight to see how each team looks that is if they will let me in the gym. :shock:

Wartburg Starters played parts of 3 quarters and the varsity lost by 3. Think they were up 14 when starters / top 7 were pulled at the end of 3. Looked like the majority of the 4th was used for some Jrs to get time. The team missed too many layups and free throws to say they played well but looked like there was a lot to build off of.

I think the J.V. game was a 3-5 point loss also. The younger kids for the Lady Dogs need to step up they turned the ball over a ton.

Scott Co. Played hard and is getting better good luck to Scott this year!

I believe the Lady Indians get their season under way tonight. I sure wish those girls all the luck in the world. Basketball should have their direct attention tonight with Stone Memorial in town. Heard we also renewed our little lovefest with Clarkrange this season. Oh, happy day......! :D Anyway I hope the first one is a good experience. CDM gets to tug the reins for a season.....I wish him well, too! Is this a HOF Game????? :o

Kazanity :shock:

What do you know.....the Lady Indians played a far more athletic team last night than what they will face the majority of this season. Yes, they lost......but given how deep and athletic Stone was it didn't appear they weren't competative. They were only down 6 at the half, then after getting down by double digits in the second they refused to quit playing hard. That was a commendable effort against what appeared to be a dominant team.

Kaz

I agree with Kazam the Lady Indians played hard till the end. I still believe after the coach and players become more familiar with each other things will fall in place. CDM has been around, but he has not had to make the decisions the head coach has to make in the course of the game. He had some valuable players sitting in the second half when they needed to be on the floor. Overall, an impressive showing for the coach and players.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the season has started this is what I think

OZ - 0-5 playing some tuff teams still think they will finish in top 4

Oakdale - playing well not playing too tough of teams yet should be contender for 1st

Sunbright - biggest surpise playing well very fast team picking them to finish 4th in District (Upset)

Wartburg - not seen yet

Coalfield - playing well should be contender for 1st

Oneida - still learning from new coach will get better as the season goes

Jellico - not seen yet

1. Oakdale

1. Coalfield

3. OZ

4. Sunbright

5. Wartburg

5. Oneida

6. Jellico

Have seen the Oneida girl's play a couple times this year and have talked to some of their fans. Right now it seems playing time is by senority and not talent. CDM is a pretty sharp guy and will probably figure things out by crunch time. He has a couple juniors that can help him win and a few sophomores that actually gives him a better chance of winning at this early point in the season.

smpenner20.....instead of using worlds like seniority, maybe you might say experience? Perhaps the young ones need more seasoning before they are ready to take on a different role. Seniority just implies they play only because they are older.....I don't think that is the case here. Everyone CDM has put on the floor has had one common trait....they played hard. That is a good thing to hang your hat on when all else fails. I look forward to seeing the girls in their first district game tonight against Coalfield. Would be a plus to get a road win, but it is a long season....so.....all is not lost! Should be fun!

:rolleyes: Kaz :thumb:

I saw onieda play monday night and i must say they did well i think they only missed 1 foul shot i saw O.S.play last night and they did not play well at all i dont see them being # 1 this yr @ all coalfield has some really good players this year 1 outstanding freshman samantha hamby is great she can handel the ball and can shoot as well she will be a big asset to the team :wacko: her and jordan will be strong together next yr i havent seen sunbright yet but i did watch oakdale last night and they played very strong ball against o.s. good luck to all the teams this year and to all the seniors enjoy your senior year may all of you get what your acheving in life and go far