District 4a This Year

Congrats.....Coalfield Lady Jackets. Wartburg went deep again.....some day they will get over that "hump" game. Alas, not to be this season.....Congrats also on a fine year. Now to the business at hand......Jackson County. (think you can draw any luckier?!) (yes, that was oozing sarcasm!) :bored:

You do have a chance, but it is going to take solid play through all four quarters. The key is going to be Coalfield's ability to match or surpass Jackson Co.'s three point shooting. AJ is a dynamic enough player to ease any concerns that the press might cause. Half court possessions must generate points because Jackson Co. will not score below 45 or 50 points. One more thing......Leonard is a nightmare match-up for Coalfield.......if you can keep her out of foul trouble AJ is athletic enough to do the job.

Kaz :thumb:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thing.....with the number of solid shooters Coalfield has and AJ's dribble ability, this team is capable of exploiting a zone or man defense. Jackson Co. is clearly the favorite here, but if no dominant post player is present then C-field has some weapons. As long as AJ remains focused, she can elevate her teams play. Jackson Co. would do well to come roaring out of the gate because if things aren't going well, Jordan may tend to pout......making things worse for the Yellow Jackets. In fairness to her, she has been pretty consistent through the play-offs.

:thumb: Kaz :bored:

Congrats Coalfield on a great win and best of luck in the state tournament!!! Hope to see you beat Jackson County!

Watched the Wartburg/NG game Saturday. Wartburg ladies did not play up to the potential we know they have. Referees weren't great. However, the biggest hurdle was being out coached. No adjustments were made to overcome the halftime deficit of 20 points. No pressure on the 3 point shot. Unusual strategy with players playing who hadn't played all year.

Overall it's been a great season, District 4A!! Good job, Seniors! Looking for Oakdale to contend for region championship next year!

I see a lot of talent this year. I think any team has a shot at the top. Oakdale however has four returning players and an amazing freshman transfer thompson. Thompson will be there starting point. We saw her play this summer in LC and she was unreal. I think with her talent and Amber Snows leadership this team will go far.

Oakdale

Oneida

Coalfield

oz

Wartburg

sunbright

This was pretty much the order most people thought would happen this year. Out of that Wartburg went to sub-state from pre-season 5th place. Sounds like great coaching to me. Also, I heard that during the last 3 weeks Wartburg girl's had been having horrible practice attendance, capped off by one of the girls skipping the practice before the sub-state to go to a concert. Went to high school with JD at Coalfield and know the kind of man he is. I can say 100% that the reason for the new faces was due to the fact that the ones who practice are the ones that play.

On to something else!

Coalfield pounded Hines but people got on here and took back many of the wrong assumptions made prior to the season. We were flat out wrong about her and the girls good team and 2 time state tourney coach! Go Lady Jackets I think they can beat JC!

:roll: True.....fans did pound their coach, sometimes unfairly IMO. Of course she is having the last laugh in M'boro! JC is going to be a very tough beast to tame, it will take a outstanding effort to overcome such a formatible team. (most predict JC to win it all with C'range and Forrest not in it)

As for Davis, he is a capable coach. A great deal of a team's success hinges on the teams commitment, or lack of commitment, to the program. I'm assuming the coach didn't blow off the practice for the concert too. Make your own bed......ultimately only you lie in it! JD didn't get his teams where they ended up by being mediocre!

I hope Coalfield wins.....odds are they won't......but they have had an impressive year and it is understandable the amount of pride that community has in them. Good Luck....!

:bored: Kaz :thumb:

I believe Coalfield is in a great position to win it all. If JC is the best team then Coal could be the new Fav with an upset. Unlikely but in order to be the best you've got to beat the best. As an Oakdale fan I'm pulling for the Queen Bees to pull it off!

I was pulling for both teams but I've got one word to sum up what I saw from many on the WB team this year spoiled! Without those seniors their run is probably over. Congrats to those girls at the burg who graduated Lauren Bunch and Crystal Fountain carried that team about as far as a 1-2 combo can. IMO Davis did his best coaching job with these girls...way less talent then the past 2 Wart teams.

I don't think the future looks very bright for the gals in blue and white. The commitment looks like it is going to be a major problem for the team moving forward. The kids minus this years seniors and a couple others just dont seem to care. I would say they are 5-6 going in to next year and it could get really ugly unless the schedule is very very easy. Don't think they will make the region unless everyone that is good in the county transfers to wartburg (this is only a joke and not an attempt to become JC in terms of recruiting ) :thumb:

I agree the run could be at an end. I dont think that being good matters to the kids anymore. Good luck to the team next year!

On a side note.....the outlook at Oneida looks a little more bright as far as player personnel. (everybody is back next year) I have been hearing varying reports about West's return.....most sources say he isn't returning. I'm speculating, so don't hold me to that rumor. New coach (or old coach) should have plenty of new parts to work with.....leadership is vital for this club.

:bored: Kaz :thumb:

I believe Coalfield is in a great position to win it all. If JC is the best team then Coal could be the new Fav with an upset. Unlikely but in order to be the best you've got to beat the best. As an Oakdale fan I'm pulling for the Queen Bees to pull it off!

I was pulling for both teams but I've got one word to sum up what I saw from many on the WB team this year spoiled! Without those seniors their run is probably over. Congrats to those girls at the burg who graduated Lauren Bunch and Crystal Fountain carried that team about as far as a 1-2 combo can. IMO Davis did his best coaching job with these girls...way less talent then the past 2 Wart teams.

this is not true at ALL. Scotts Hill and Middleton are both teams who i see beating Jackson. Scotts Hill is on the other side of the bracket, but if Coalfield does manage to beat JC, then they will more than likely face Middleton during round 2. Good Luck with that Lady Jackets! (: See you back at school on Thursday!

Whoa......no doubt you're a believer03! I think SuperDave makes a valid case, if LC has been declared the prohibitive favorite, to win the single a crown. Coalfield upsetting JC would certainly mean they are capable of eliminating other title contenders. I didn't say they would.....but even a believer would admit, it's possible! Coalfield can do two things very well - shoot and run - they will have to be at their best to beat JC or Middleton or Scotts Hill..........so does everybody else :roll: !

:bored: Kazanity :bored: