McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

This will be a great game, I hate to pick a winner, but im going to have to take polk by 7. Now blitsnbuc, you talk so much about Bradley, calling them a door mat, has your team ever won state? defending state champs maybe, i doubt it. Has your team ever played in or won a district that Bradley has been playing in? Why dont you stick to the thread topic, and stop bashing a bunch of 15-18 year old kids.

I wasn't the one who brought up Bradley, but responded to someone calling them a "solid" team. Telling the truth isn't bashing young men. Bradley ISN'T good - plain and simple. It's called fact. I was glad Polk beat them, especially since some Polk friends of mine felt they were robbed playing at Bradley when they Polk played them over 20 years ago (a statement many people from many teams have made the past 50 years).

It would be hard to define "my" team, since I don't really have just one that I follow. My sons played football for McMinn County and yes they won the District, Region, and the first two rounds of the state playoffs, losing to eventual state champion Jefferson County in the quarterfinals. My Grandson played football for Meigs County when they won the District his Senior year, and was fortunate enough to play in a state playoff game all 4 years he was there. I have many close friends with children/grandchildren who presently play for both of these schools, as well as McMinn Central. I'm more familiar with the coaching staff (as a whole) at McMinn Central this year than anywhere else.

May I suggest YOU stick to the thread topic as well and not be so concerned how teams I follow have done? Thank you!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smokey04, How will Central have the momentum going into this game if they are possibly 0-2 or even 1-1? I also like the comment that you wished these two played later in the year...you sound a little worried about playing Polk early!

blitzinbuc, I would say by your post you are a Central fan even if you don't admit it, especially by making the comment "I believe Central takes this one as easily as they did last year" sounds like a arrogant Central fan to me!. Also let me say that you bashing Bradley is pretty bad considering Bradley will most likely beat Cleveland this year from the reports I am hearing. Cleveland could be 0-2 against Bradley and WV. So if Central beats Cleveland what have they actually accomplished? It appears to me it would be the same as Polk beating Bradley. Don't try and diminish Polk's win over Bradley!

My prediction is that Polk will win this one. I am basing this on scrimmages against same teams and reports from the coach's who have also scrimmaged both Central and Polk.

Good luck to both teams next week and hopefully no injuries!

smokey04, How will Central have the momentum going into this game if they are possibly 0-2 or even 1-1? I also like the comment that you wished these two played later in the year...you sound a little worried about playing Polk early!

blitzinbuc, I would say by your post you are a Central fan even if you don't admit it, especially by making the comment "I believe Central takes this one as easily as they did last year" sounds like a arrogant Central fan to me!. Also let me say that you bashing Bradley is pretty bad considering Bradley will most likely beat Cleveland this year from the reports I am hearing. Cleveland could be 0-2 against Bradley and WV. So if Central beats Cleveland what have they actually accomplished? It appears to me it would be the same as Polk beating Bradley. Don't try and diminish Polk's win over Bradley!

My prediction is that Polk will win this one. I am basing this on scrimmages against same teams and reports from the coach's who have also scrimmaged both Central and Polk.

Sure I want to see Central do good, especially for a few Seniors, and their quality coaching staff (yes, Polk has a fine staff, too!). I also want to see Polk do good, but will be rooting for Central against Polk.

And I guess that qualifies me as an arrogant fan just because I think Central will beat Polk? Am I calling you arrogant because you predict Polk will beat Central? How childish and immature some people can be! :mellow:

You think Bradley will "most likely" beat Cleveland? Just how confident are you of that statement? :thumb:

would central not have the momentum coming off a win over cleveland? all while polk is setting at the house? the reason i said i wish this game was later in the year because it is a huge rivalry game..i hate to see tennessee and florida play in early september...same with polk and central....you ask what has central accomplished by beating cleveland if they do, what has polk accomplished? had to come from behind to beat bradley central? what i'm saying is central can take a lot more from the loss to mcminn than polk did vs bradely. mcminn county is expected to finish second in that tough district to only ooltewah. bradley will be bringing up the rear. call me an arrogant central fan if you want to, but i just don't see how you are so sure polk wins this game...its gonna be close...

Sure I want to see Central do good, especially for a few Seniors, and their quality coaching staff (yes, Polk has a fine staff, too!). I also want to see Polk do good, but will be rooting for Central against Polk.

And I guess that qualifies me as an arrogant fan just because I think Central will beat Polk? Am I calling you arrogant because you predict Polk will beat Central? How childish and immature some people can be! :roflol:

You think Bradley will "most likely" beat Cleveland? Just how confident are you of that statement? :roflol:

I think Bradley will beat Cleveland. Very confident if Central beats them!

would central not have the momentum coming off a win over cleveland? all while polk is setting at the house? the reason i said i wish this game was later in the year because it is a huge rivalry game..i hate to see tennessee and florida play in early september...same with polk and central....you ask what has central accomplished by beating cleveland if they do, what has polk accomplished? had to come from behind to beat bradley central? what i'm saying is central can take a lot more from the loss to mcminn than polk did vs bradely. mcminn county is expected to finish second in that tough district to only ooltewah. bradley will be bringing up the rear. call me an arrogant central fan if you want to, but i just don't see how you are so sure polk wins this game...its gonna be close...

I didn't say it wouldn't be close just that Polk would win. Why are you so sure Central wins in a close game or do you?

I didn't say it wouldn't be close just that Polk would win. Why are you so sure Central wins in a close game or do you?

i'm confused. so are you saying polk is gonna run away with this one? i didn't say central will win a close one...i said earlier that the game is too close for me to call right now...

Wow, Blitznbuc, you must be in politics! I asked if your team had won STATE, not district , not region! So you danced around, only to come up with Polk got robbed in 88, here is a news flash for you when i played at BC(85 86 87) we scrimmaged Polk (a very hard nosed, hard working team) and they didnt even come close. We also scrimmaged MC (a very bad team, no dicipline) and it wasnt close. I was serving in the Air Force (you know protecting your right to free speech and all that) in 88 so i have no idea if they got robbed (i hope they didnt, and it was a good game). When i was there we were not a district door mat( yes we beat cleveland). Yes this team is solid, and will continue to get better, BC and Polk could play 10 times and have a different outcome every game (the difference would be polk has more heart) and bc has has more kids. Dont try to take Polks win lightly, just becouse they beat BC, If you do MC is going to come up short. So i will stay a BC fan( by the way state champs, district champs , and region champs, once upon a time) And will not put down a team, based on non sense or as you call "fact".By the way a team cant get robbed in you score so many , that they cant call them all back, at least thats what i was told by a ref. at mcminn county in 87 when we came up short( as our RB was laying in the end zone at the end of the game-that they said wasnt a td!!!

smokey04 and Howdee are easily confused! I think TheOldScout is saying that Polk will win and it could be a close game. smokey04, by you saying its too close to call you really mean if Central beats Cleveland you will pick Central but if they lose your going with Polk. Did I read between the lines right on that comment? :roflol:

blitzinbuc, I will take Polk +14 if you think Central will win this one easily like last year. Sounds like Stoney dogs or BBQ time again for me. BTW I never did get mine from two years ago! Who all owes me come forward! Maybe double or nothing? :roflol:

Wow, Blitznbuc, you must be in politics! I asked if your team had won STATE, not district , not region! So you danced around, only to come up with Polk got robbed in 88, here is a news flash for you when i played at BC(85 86 87) we scrimmaged Polk (a very hard nosed, hard working team) and they didnt even come close. We also scrimmaged MC (a very bad team, no dicipline) and it wasnt close. I was serving in the Air Force (you know protecting your write to free speech and all that) in 88 so i have no idea if they got robbed (i hope they didnt, and it was a good game). When i was there we were not a district door mat( yes we beat cleveland). Yes this team is solid, and will continue to get better, BC and Polk could play 10 times and have a different outcome every game (the difference would be polk has more heart) and bc has has more kids. Dont try to take Polks win lightly, just becouse they beat BC, If you do MC is going to come up short. So i will stay a BC fan( by the way state champs, district champs , and region champs, once upon a time) And will not put down a team, based on non sense or as you call "fact".By the way a team cant get robbed in you score so many , that they cant call them all back, at least thats what i was told by a ref. at mcminn county in 88 when we came up short( as our RB was laying in the end zone at the end of the game-that they said wasnt a td!!!

Well, when I was in Vietnam, I was protecting your right (not write) to free speech now, regardless of what you write. Being that you weren't ever in a war, you probably wouldn't understand real sacrifice.

You being a Bradley County fan is fine with me. But you can't live off past accomplishments of a team that was playing when you were filling your diapers. Bradley has been a terrible team for years, and they will be again this year. Just live with the facts!

Well, were you there at Bradley in '88 or not? In one sentence you were serving in the Air Force, then in another sentence you were playing in a game at McMinn????? Which is it???? Can't have it both ways. I'll give you time to correct yourself and edit the lie, just because I feel sorry for you! :wacko:

smokey04 and Howdee are easily confused! I think TheOldScout is saying that Polk will win and it could be a close game. smokey04, by you saying its too close to call you really mean if Central beats Cleveland you will pick Central but if they lose your going with Polk. Did I read between the lines right on that comment? :wacko:

blitzinbuc, I will take Polk +14 if you think Central will win this one easily like last year. Sounds like Stoney dogs or BBQ time again for me. BTW I never did get mine from two years ago! Who all owes me come forward! Maybe double or nothing? :wacko:

I.m so confused :wacko: