Franklin Rebels vs. Christian County, KY

jrpfhs21

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said last week. Franklin would scrape a victory out of their game against BGA, but BGA has never been known for their football prowess. But on to this week... I believe that this is where the Rebels will come out for the team they really are... They will lose, and lose badly. Clayton may be an "offensive genius" but what kind of plays can he run with a QB that can't throw and an offensive line that cannot block? Franklin's offensive line looked almost braindead at some points during their last game. The defense performed almost as blandly as I expected last week with one or two LUCKY plays. Revered Webb must be asking why he was stuck with this defense. No communication on either side of the ball and players that are afraid to hit will make this an easy win for Christian County.

CC 28

FR 10

Your an idiot and must not have been at the game in person :geek:

I second that..Wilco wrote "BGA has never been known for their football prowess". Someone dumb enough to write that about a team that won six state championships the last two decades has no credibility.

All aliterations aside, lets focus on the task at hand.

I think it more accurate to say that BGA has not recently been a very dominate force. Yes they won those state titles, but what have you done for me lately? Regardless, BGA and Coach J gave FHS all they could handle for the best part of the game. Hats off to them on a well executed game plan and sticking it to the Rebels.

The Rebels seemed to be somewhat in destruct mode until Mr. Ford picked that ball off and took it to the house. And how about the DB butterfingers on the next play?!?! That could have been the nail in the coffin, but I guess that is why he plays defense. #2 did a great job on that outside trap play (that FHS might have ran for 50% of their plays) and getting into the endzone. Anyways, the glaring problem was the o-line play, not the defense. Although I stick with my "patch together defense" theory, they showed up and kept FHS in the game. On the offensive side of the ball however, I am still baffled that #4 was getting NO carries. And if you can't move the ball with those 3 rotating through, something has got to happen. I mean even the best of running backs need a crease, and you can't run behind #78 all night, acutally you probably could. I won't even get onto the QB's case since I could see the "deer in the head lights" look from Hillsboro RD, so I wouldn't want to scare him any further.

Anyways, I hope that last week's game has made our young Rebels realize that this year's team cannot ride the wave of last year's accomplishments and it is time for them to step up. Sounds like Wilcofootball has a little of an inside opinion and if he says there is no leadership, that is a huge problem.

I wish the best to the Rebels for this week's game. No offense but I will not be traveling North for this one. I know Clayton is from KY, but what is the tie to Christian County?? Bring a big W back to Wilco

All aliterations aside, lets focus on the task at hand.

I think it more accurate to say that BGA has not recently been a very dominate force. Yes they won those state titles, but what have you done for me lately? Regardless, BGA and Coach J gave FHS all they could handle for the best part of the game. Hats off to them on a well executed game plan and sticking it to the Rebels.

The Rebels seemed to be somewhat in destruct mode until Mr. Ford picked that ball off and took it to the house. And how about the DB butterfingers on the next play?!?! That could have been the nail in the coffin, but I guess that is why he plays defense. #2 did a great job on that outside trap play (that FHS might have ran for 50% of their plays) and getting into the endzone. Anyways, the glaring problem was the o-line play, not the defense. Although I stick with my "patch together defense" theory, they showed up and kept FHS in the game. On the offensive side of the ball however, I am still baffled that #4 was getting NO carries. And if you can't move the ball with those 3 rotating through, something has got to happen. I mean even the best of running backs need a crease, and you can't run behind #78 all night, acutally you probably could. I won't even get onto the QB's case since I could see the "deer in the head lights" look from Hillsboro RD, so I wouldn't want to scare him any further.

Anyways, I hope that last week's game has made our young Rebels realize that this year's team cannot ride the wave of last year's accomplishments and it is time for them to step up. Sounds like Wilcofootball has a little of an inside opinion and if he says there is no leadership, that is a huge problem.

I wish the best to the Rebels for this week's game. No offense but I will not be traveling North for this one. I know Clayton is from KY, but what is the tie to Christian County?? Bring a big W back to Wilco

I think he meant that BGA hasn't done too much football wise for a few years up until the playoffs last year.

I really don't think that the defense was much of an issue for Franklin on Friday night. Only a couple of returning starters, but it seemed that those guys were able to find their place fairly quick. Sure they gave up ten points in the first half. But also caused an important turnover right after the special teams muffed the first kickoff. They were down 10-0 at the half, but at no point did it ever seem like the game was getting out of hand. It never really seemed like Franklin was out of it.

I think the problem is the O-line, who is a little small and inexperienced. But, I think they can work things out in the next few games and get into a groove.

Hopefully the QB can get things together in the next few games. You were never sure if he was quite ready to start that game or not. I hope he can mature quickly.

I have heard about this "3-back-combo" all off-season. And Frankly these running backs are not as good as the Rebel faithful believe. The great #4 is running like he is starting to read his own press clippings, in fact #2 & #5 carried the ball as if they all were buying into their own bull-&^%*. As of right now only one word can describe the Rebel backfield... "over-rated" let me say that again.

Alex Ford is over-rated

Kilo Lee is over-rated

Sean Die is over-rated

Its 09' Franklin, and 08' is no longer relevant.

I have heard about this "3-back-combo" all off-season. And Frankly these running backs are not as good as the Rebel faithful believe. The great #4 is running like he is starting to read his own press clippings, in fact #2 & #5 carried the ball as if they all were buying into their own bull-&^%*. As of right now only one word can describe the Rebel backfield... "over-rated" let me say that again.

Alex Ford is over-rated

Kilo Lee is over-rated

Sean Die is over-rated

Let me add a couple more.

Offensive line is overrated

Scratch that... the o line doesnt even deserve a rating

Clayton and Webb are overrated

Defensive line is overrated

Linebackers are overrated

And what is this about a "baby g" ??

I have yet to see anything even closely resembling a Nichols

Let's just point out that Lee and Ford are playing both ways.

Lets just point out Ty Stannard plays both ways, SS/RB, broke up three passes and had 8 carries for 110 yards last week. But i dont agree with everyone saying Keyo and Ford are overated and who ever that third guy is. Its week zero, BGA, had a great defense and obvisily watched tape on them and knew what was coming. Now i do think the O-Line could use some work, and dont say Franklin coaches are overated they arent. You try to prepare 16-18 year olds to block guys that might be twice their size. They have done a great job and again, THEY HAVE ONLY PLAYED ONE GAME.

Alex Ford is over-rated

Kilo Lee is over-rated

Sean Die is over-rated

Let me add a couple more.

Offensive line is overrated

Scratch that... the o line doesnt even deserve a rating

Clayton and Webb are overrated

Defensive line is overrated

Linebackers are overrated

And what is this about a "baby g" ??

I have yet to see anything even closely resembling a Nichols

Hmmm I wonder who you and wilcoisbest support.....Lets take a stand to reason...Yes the Rebels looked a little out of sorts their first game...But what team doesnt in week zero? Rebel fans arent used to seeing a team that has struggled to get started..(They have lost a lot of starters from a championship contending team) Most would call it rebuilding.

I would say it is disheartening to say any of the above are..."Overated" I would take ANY OF THE ABOVE,on my team as my teammates...For ANY back to be productive you have to have an o-line. All but one started their FIRST high school game Friday night...Give them a break..they will gel...they will get to what they need to do...Thats why they have Coach's..Clayton/Ordung will get them up to speed...

Once the back gets to the secondary is what determines alot of his "Ratings" its mostly one on one and I think all of the above have PROVEN they have incredible talent.

As Far as Kuivenen , The QB....Im sure he doesnt appreciate being dubbed as "Baby G" . Nichols was a fine QB for franklin, but I remember his first couple years as "Having the deer in the Headlights" look. Its NATURAL. I think he had an "OK" game for his first start, he had some bright spots to add to his spots where he needs to learn...REMEMBER ..he is a Sophomore and playing his first solo game under the lights and eyes of over ten thousand fans.(Who wouldnt be nervous?)

Someone said...get over "08" this is "09" You are correct..Last year was a special team and will be hard to fill there shoes,...They can take the first step to being close to that team...They just need their fans and parents support.......GO REBELS !