OOLTEWAH VS AUSTIN EAST

PRIMETIME OWL

Well - Bradley Stephens will be eligible to play like the 6th game I believe - but will Monroe have the guts to play him over his 3 year starter? If he wants to score more point he will...

:evil: You can't be serious? Bradley stephens? You have got to be joking,please tell me your joking.He is nowhere ready to play at the highschool level.I will leave it at that.bottom line...owls better do something,QUICK!!!!! bradley stevens isn't it,not even close.start with finding the right mix of linemen,then add more weapons on offense.MONROE is the best play caller around.,.excution kills us more than play calling.

All I know is what I saw and heard from him the first few games last year when he started varsity at ND as a freshman before getting kicked out and transferring to Ooltewah - and I think he earned POW honors here in Chattanooga 1 of those weeks.

I didn't see him in the jamboree - maybe he had a bad outing - I've heard from a few players he's got more upside and can actually throw an accurate pass - no idea about his composure and mental aspect - but Reed's isn't that great either so far. Maybe it's all hype - I know ND doesn't exactly play the same competition we play - but hard to just complete ignore what he did.

And don't kid yourself about Monroe - he called a pretty bad game last night whether or not he's a normally a great play caller - it's been awhile since we've had a good offense.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady will bring it together just give it some time. I do not believe changing the Qb is the answer. I believe he will have a stand out game coming up and then everyone will be jumping on the band wagon again. I do not understand you people and things you say. Just because a person has a bad game we don't jerk him out the next game. Give him a break. I just don't see why Brady is the only one who always gets called out. I don't hear anyone calling out the O-Line and anybody who makes a fumble or misses a pass. But everyone always says " nothing against Brady." Obviously it is. But thats ok I know he is a stand out kid and he will show everyone what he is made of. Lets go Owls, stick together as a team and give everyone up. Remember even if no one else does you are 2-0 and Senior class needs to keep this team together and play your hearts out.

I haven't really been impressed with him for 2 years now... I figure with 1700-2000 students there would eventually be a better option.

He's been able to "manage" the game a few times in his career - but his play has been pretty dicey for the most part and he hasn't really stepped up and taken over a game yet.

The problems with the team and program are multiple. As for Brady, I don't believe I have ever seen a more maligned quarterback at Ooltewah, although there was a backlash when the sophomore Zach Woods replaced the junior Justin Higdon several years ago. I personally think there is some resentment because it seemed as if Brady was simply handed the job when he showed up as a sophomore. Now, it's no fault of Brady's or his family, but for that reason, Brady is never going to be embraced by a certain faction of the fan base. I personally think Brady has some strengths that for whatever reason, the coaching staff is not utilizing. Brady has a linebacker mentality and is a tough, hard nosed football player who has proven to be effective running the football. He doesn't and never has looked comfortable running the four wide offense. Now, I realize our o-line is very inexperienced this season and that has something to do with it, but for three seasons, for whatever reason, he has not been comfortable or consistent when running it. I too believe that running the Wild Goose formation might loosen the defenses up.

Another problem is the continuance and stubborness of this coaching staff to play, for the most part, 14 or 15 players. Why, in a school of 1500(down from 2000 last year) do we have fewer than 50 players? Why has Monroe insisted on playing alot of player both ways since he has been the head coach? Why are there only three junior football players in the program? When the juniors were freshmen they dominated everyone they played and it was basically a jv schedule. Is Ooltewah on the cusp of becoming another Bradley?

Well I guess that fan base will have to deal with since Brady is the QB. And then next year when someone else takes over a position their child was out for they will be against them too. But oh well Brady is a smart level headed kid and it is a good thing he does not listen to all of this CRAP.... lets go owls

To answer your question MINETHATBIRD>>>>> Yes Ooltewah will be hurting the next few years... I don't understand the QB situation either...We can only remember its week 2.. All night friday.. Coach Monroe could have called the quick dump pass but didn't..... all of the recievers were open around 10-15 yards off the ball. The owls O line will be the reason we will lose a game this year...... But lets stop complaining this year and just let the boys play..... Go Owls

To answer your question MINETHATBIRD>>>>> Yes Ooltewah will be hurting the next few years... I don't understand the QB situation either...We can only remember its week 2.. All night friday.. Coach Monroe could have called the quick dump pass but didn't..... all of the recievers were open around 10-15 yards off the ball. The owls O line will be the reason we will lose a game this year...... But lets stop complaining this year and just let the boys play..... Go Owls

I don't remember all of the open receivers. I remember Brady running for his life most of the time. We might be better suited to play with two wideouts and a tight end for better protection. That might give us a better opportunity to take come chances down the field. I am for Brady,Goose,Stephens, Elvis Presley or whoever they put behind center.

Well I guess that fan base will have to deal with since Brady is the QB. And then next year when someone else takes over a position their child was out for they will be against them too. But oh well Brady is a smart level headed kid and it is a good thing he does not listen to all of this CRAP.... lets go owls

Good one - I'm pretty sure I don't have a kid - well atleast I would hope not. I'm still a fairly recent graduate of Ooltewah and a UT student. But - I'm not blind or oblivious to our QB problem which hasn't improved - yes the line may not be good - but this is likely the 3rd straight year Reed has performed fairly poor if the trend of the first two games continue the rest of the year.

I've got nothing against Brady Reed. And as the poster above me said - I'm for anyone who can get it done back there. I've got no agenda or bias towards any of the QBs - no connection to any of their families, etc.

My 10 yr old brother can turn and hand the ball off and run for his life when he see s somebody 6 yds away..................doesnt make him a QB!! Bassman, you said it best.....have nt seen one bit of improvement in a 3 yr period. Now last year Owls had a great line and what did he do different?? I really was nt gonna comment but when Red4 keeps pointing the finger at every other posotion i had to. :bored:

Congratulations OWLS on a great win and an outstanding job by our defensive players. We did enough on offense to win!

Our defense is great; and this was a great game featuring two teams that have great skilled players, but undersized and inexperienced in the offensive line. When a team has a great defense, the offense usually lags behind a bit. There is more detailed execution required and it takes a while to get a feel for what the other team's defense is doing. Our coaching staff is analyzing each play and grading out each player. They will come up with the necessary adjustments and corrections to make the offense better.

For the players; if you are not running or catching the ball, find someone to block!

As far as the quarterback. I don't think anyone would have had a great day throwing in this game. Brady had less than 3 seconds to find a receiver on each drop back. The receivers were still in the middle of their routes most of the time when he was running for his life. When we f i n a l l y went to some shorter routes, we had a dropped pass and a fumble after an eight-yard completion. A middle screen or shuttle pass to the tailback may have been a great play with their defense.

Overall, it was a good game to win and the fans and players learned a great lesson.

SUGGESTIONS:

The only QB suggestion I would make at this point in the season would be to scramble with your hands up where you can still pass or fake a pass in the middle of your scramble. This allows the receivers time to come back to you and it also creates space if the defense thinks you may still throw.

Receivers should come off their routes a bit quicker and come back to the QB if you know he is running for his life on every 5-step drop. And when he does throw it where it is catchable; catch the ball and tuck it away.

Lineman need to sustain their blocks and stay between the defensive player and the QB for at least 5-7 seconds.

Good luck to a great Austin East team with the rest of their season.

Let's go kick some SD butt!

Go Owls!

Play' em one game at a time! Lets beat Soddy this week. It could be worse! The Owls are 2 and 0 on the season. The offense got better in the second half. Give A-E a little bit of credit on the defensive side of the ball. Owls Offense will get better each week. I'll bet you Benny and the coaching staff will be working to fix the missed assignments. The kids will respond to Coach Monroe and his best staff since he has been at Ooltewah! I've never seen a team that didn't respond positively for Coach Monroe! He is a players coach and gets the best out of the kids. Lets not panic yet!

First of all I never pointed out any other position, I just simply said don't blame ONE person. I said you never point it out when someone drops a pass, fumbles the ball or misses a tackle or block. But you are quick to judge when he over throws the ball or has to scamble for his life to make a play.