OOLTEWAH VS AUSTIN EAST

PRIMETIME OWL

Special teams and turnovers are exactly right. AE is a big play team, and there's no bigger momentum changer that a return or a turnover. Control the line of scrimmage, and the clock. AE has playmakers all over the field, and will go deep early and often. Take your 3-4 yards a run and keep the chains and the clock rolling. Line play is the key because you wont match up well on the perimeter. And be up more than one score late in the game because they'll have half a dozen guys that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Keep your discipline because there may be some smack layed down. I've watched Farragut play both teams over the years and AE is not one to overlook because of their classification.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so normally i wouldnt do this but i HAVE to. This game is a joke and so was last weeks game vs. Tyner! I know that coach Monroe wanted to prepare Ooltewah for 6a by playing teams from the inner city with speed but it obvious the Owls have just as much speed with the offensive and defensive lines to match. Not to mention the state's Number one college prospect in Jacques Smith. I hate to be the bearer of badnews but i feel sorry for anybody playing this Owls team this year. Baring an unforseen coaching mishap by coach Monroe(who has a stadium named after him just 10miles south) I dont see the Owls losing a game this year..... Ooltewah 38

Austin-East 6

This game is going to be closer than you think. Austin-East will surprise the Ooltewah faithful. Austin-East's front seven is one of the best in the state. Ooltewah's offense will struggle. Special teams and turnovers will be big in this game.

NO SURPRISE......the only surprise is if the roadrunners even score,let alone win the ball game. :wacko: Tyner had speed and size..didnt matter. Owls roll big-time!!!!! Brady Reed will throw all over the roadys and Greene will have big night.

Wow are you all kidding me? ooltewah by 30 or 40 points? ARe you kidding me?

I'm not going to say anything.. I'm going to let my dudes from AE come up there and let their playing do the talking for me..

Let's GO AE!!!

The only thing similar between AE and Tyner is the bands!! So don't underestimate them Roadrunner Boys!! Let's GO AE

Wow are you all kidding me? ooltewah by 30 or 40 points? ARe you kidding me?

I'm not going to say anything.. I'm going to let my dudes from AE come up there and let their playing doing the talking for me..

Let's GO AE!!!

The only thing similar between AE and Tyner is the bands!! So don't underestimate them Roadrunner Boys!! Let's GO AE

Nobody is underestimating the roadrunners...but AE just barely beat morristown last week(almost gave it away at the end)Ooltewah destroyed Tyner(the score could've been 50-60 to nothing) 2nd:the players and coaches aren't taken AE lightly,I'm sure.........BUT,I've yet to hear one roadrunner fan give a prediction or a logical point that would make anyone think owls WON'T roll over AE. LET'S HEAR IT A-E FANS!!!! There is more to football,than running outside and throwing deep.So tell us what is going to happen? or think will happen...... :roflol:

It is too early in the season to really fill everything out. How good is Tyner? :roflol: Tyner and Signal tied in the Jamboree and Signal destroyed their first opponent of the year Hixson who which played 2 quarters in the Chattanooga Jamboree 1st Signal Mnt. 0-0 2nd Rhea Co 0-0 and should have won that one 3-0.

Ooltewah Strength

Defense A and could be a plus just too early to tell. IMOP they need a little swag because they absolutely deserve it.

Special Teams A+ John Long 50+ yards if needed PK. kicks into the end zone 90% of the time. Kick and Punt returners can take it to the house and will do so on many occasions I believe this season.

Offense B they have all the key ingredients to be a A+. If they find that grove they will be Very Scary. Even given them a B they can score quick and often and thats a fact. stay on your toes.

Head Coach A+ Benny KNOWS Monroe. Been there done that seen it again and again has a wardrobe of the T-shirts-shirts. The wisest Owl of all.

Coaching B only because Hamilton County limits paid coaching staff and if they could have more one on one's instruction, IMO they could have had 2-4 State Championships in the last 9 years. The Owls do have a outstanding staff and those who are there are all A's.

Fan Support A+ Great Crowds and travel like it is a Home game too.

Go Owl's!

AE is a very good program year in and out and they too deserve respect. Good Luck and the 22 on the field will determine the outcome every single time. Whooooo's Ready? :roflol:

Glad to see some activity on this thread. How has practice gone this week? I hope we have worked on the few things that did not work at Tyner. I also hope the rain holds off and that we have a clean hard fought game with no injuries. Travel safe AE fans and look forward to seeing you at the nest. The football boosters have done a great job cleaning up the stadium and it looks great. And, the band boosters have basically gutted the main concession stand and it is in great shape as well. The away trailer is in rotten shape and will not be open. There will be drinks sold in the away stands.

Go Owls

Nobody is underestimating the roadrunners...but AE just barely beat morristown last week(almost gave it away at the end)Ooltewah destroyed Tyner(the score could've been 50-60 to nothing) 2nd:the players and coaches aren't taken AE lightly,I'm sure.........BUT,I've yet to hear one roadrunner fan give a prediction or a logical point that would make anyone think owls WON'T roll over AE. LET'S HEAR IT A-E FANS!!!! There is more to football,than running outside and throwing deep.So tell us what is going to happen? or think will happen...... :roflol:

My only prediction for the outcome of the game is that it will be close. Austin-East did have a close game with Morristown East, but that is only because the kickoff team played terrible. Austin-East dominated the entire game defensively, and their offense was unstoppable running the ball.

Austin-East has big play capability... but dispite what you think, Austin-East is not a throw it deep, run outside team this year. Austin-East had sustained drives throughout the Morristown East game. Defensively, Austin-East returned 8 starters from a defense that allowed 12.7 points a game... the entire front seven returned. The defense plays well against the I-formation; they also play well against the zone teams.

There's probably not anything that I can say to convince owls fans that they won't roll over Austin-East because that's what they are going to believe regardless. But... if Austin-East fixes their special teams problems (which I believe they will), then this will be a close game.

This game is going to be closer than you think. Austin-East will surprise the Ooltewah faithful. Austin-East's front seven is one of the best in the state. Ooltewah's offense will struggle. Special teams and turnovers will be big in this game.

NO SURPRISE......the only surprise is if the roadrunners even score,let alone win the ball game. :roflol: Tyner had speed and size..didnt matter. Owls roll big-time!!!!! Brady Reed will throw all over the roadys and Greene will have big night.

If Reed is going to do that, he's going to have to throw the ball better than he did against Tyner last week and better than he did last season.