Cleveland at McMinn Central

Charlie Murphy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching both teams and talking to coaches around the southeast it would not be a surprise if Central won this game. They are as talented this year as any other and Cleveland seems to be in a year of transition with its new coach. Also the talent in Bradley county seems to be low as well with Walker Valley losing 44-0 and Bradley losing to Polk CO. I think that clevland has athletes like Davis and Parks but so does Central with Moss and Rayl. If Central can keep it close by running the ball with Walker, playing defense with ragland stiles and king, and throwing vertical to Moss to stretch the defense they will be in fantastic shape. However they do seem to have a problem with cramps, fatigue, injuries, and depth. My final analysis.........

Athletes- Cleveland

Defense- Central

Coaches- Central

Desire to win- Cleveland

Homefield- Central

Winner- Central 13-10 in a close one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From watching both teams and talking to coaches around the southeast it would not be a surprise if Central won this game. They are as talented this year as any other and Cleveland seems to be in a year of transition with its new coach. Also the talent in Bradley county seems to be low as well with Walker Valley losing 44-0 and Bradley losing to Polk CO. I think that clevland has athletes like Davis and Parks but so does Central with Moss and Rayl. If Central can keep it close by running the ball with Walker, playing defense with ragland stiles and king, and throwing vertical to Moss to stretch the defense they will be in fantastic shape. However they do seem to have a problem with cramps, fatigue, injuries, and depth. My final analysis.........

Athletes- Cleveland

Defense- Central

Coaches- Central

Desire to win- Cleveland

Homefield- Central

great post! i would say the problem with the cramps will be taken care of....i don't know about clevelands desire to win, but i do know the chargers want this one bad... so that is about the only thing i have to disagree with you on. your score is reasonable. don't see central putting up too many points. big drop off from a year ago. give me central winning by a score of 17 to 7

Athletes- Cleveland

Defense- Central

Coaches- Central

Desire to win- Cleveland

Homefield- Central

great post! i would say the problem with the cramps will be taken care of....i don't know about clevelands desire to win, but i do know the chargers want this one bad... so that is about the only thing i have to disagree with you on. your score is reasonable. don't see central putting up too many points. big drop off from a year ago. give me central winning by a score of 17 to 7

yea smokey the cramps have been took care of no energy drinks this friday

Athletes- Cleveland

Defense- Central

Coaches- Central

Desire to win- Cleveland

Homefield- Central

ya know loyalcharger it makes me wonder just what would have happened differently last friday night!

I will take the Chargers in this one. I dont think cleveland is talented as in the past. And i think Slaughters spread attack will take a little more time to develop and gel. As far as a drop back passer Voytik isnt bad, but i dont see him as a game changer! As far as BC their is plenty of talent, its just a matter of getting kids to play to their potential, and have more heart.

Ok so i definitely do not agree with you that there is still the same talent in BC. Heart and willingness do play a part but when your talented whether you try hard or not your usually better than the mediocre guys to the right and left of you. Talent has nothing to do with winning but everything to do with God Given ability. You cant teach someone to jump 36+ inches, run a sub 4.5 forty, or throw 60+ yards, each things that you could see on a weekly basis previously on any given friday in BC just ask the college scouts from around the area.

ya know loyalcharger it makes me wonder just what would have happened differently last friday night!

I talked with some people close to the McMinn program and from what they said "Our offense played terrible, missed blocks, no execution etc". So I don't really think you can take last Friday's score and relate it to how really good either team is. Lets ask this question; What if McMinn had played a great game? So what if's mean nothing!

I must admit I'm quite surprised with the information readily available that this even happened. I'm sure Coach Goodin and his staff were working so hard to get the team ready, he/they just overlooked it. I have no doubt that someone has done a little research so this won't happen again en masse.

I talked with some people close to the McMinn program and from what they said "Our offense played terrible, missed blocks, no execution etc". So I don't really think you can take last Friday's score and relate it to how really good either team is. Lets ask this question; What if McMinn had played a great game? So what if's mean nothing!

what if's don't mean anything i guess...but don't you think central missed some blocks and had some more mistakes? it goes both ways...what if central played a great game? fact is it is the first game of the year and both teams will get better as the year goes on.

I think Cleveland will have their hands full and get a welcoming to 3A like Bradley did last Fri. from Polk. I think the Chargers take it in a close one. Very close.......... Or Cleveland takes it in a close one. Very close......:blink:

As far as the energy drink thing I don't see how people drink those things!!!! UUUGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea: LOL!! H2O!!!!! Is the best bet!!!! Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!!Gatorade!!!! H2O!!! :thumb::thumb:

Go Chargeraiders!!!!!!