White House vs. Portland (best rivalry in state)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do care to elaborate. Several qualified applicants applied for the job, Portland has top notch facilities and great fans, so no offense to the guy that they hired but.......... he was a position coach for a losing program, not even a coordinator. So how does a guy like that get the job at Portland??? I'll let y'all do the research. Let's face it politics sometimes comes to play in these situations. I do know that at least one coach was a head coach and coming from an undefeated program and was not even called back.

I have been watching Portland football since my nephew was a freshman on the 2000 state championship team. The year we won state we had around 15 to 20 seniors. Just like this year. As best as I can remember the players from those years were not very big and are very comparable to the players they have now. (Big tackles and little guards), and by attending the last couple of lift-a-thons, they seam about as strong as the panthers of old. We also have a bigger population in the school. Playing in 5A instead of 3A. So what gives? Why cant our boys’ win? People said it was the wing-t and we go to the spread and we still are not winning. Is it coaching? Like someone said in an earlier post, Portland got beat by Hillsboro in 05’ by like 40 points. Coach Perry was here. And now we got beat by a less talented KY team. Some say it comes and goes in cycles (what about WHHS, Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville when are they going to be 1-9, 2-8, or 0-10?) Just frustrated will everyone doubting the Panthers. All I would really like to see tomorrow night is for the panthers to compete (something we were not even close to doing last week). Panthers go out tomorrow night like you have something to prove to the rest of the Sumner county district. PHS 7 WHHS 0

I have been watching Portland football since my nephew was a freshman on the 2000 state championship team. The year we won state we had around 15 to 20 seniors. Just like this year. As best as I can remember the players from those years were not very big and are very comparable to the players they have now. (Big tackles and little guards), and by attending the last couple of lift-a-thons, they seam about as strong as the panthers of old. We also have a bigger population in the school. Playing in 5A instead of 3A. So what gives? Why cant our boys’ win? People said it was the wing-t and we go to the spread and we still are not winning. Is it coaching? Like someone said in an earlier post, Portland got beat by Hillsboro in 05’ by like 40 points. Coach Perry was here. And now we got beat by a less talented KY team. Some say it comes and goes in cycles (what about WHHS, Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville when are they going to be 1-9, 2-8, or 0-10?) Just frustrated will everyone doubting the Panthers. All I would really like to see tomorrow night is for the panthers to compete (something we were not even close to doing last week). Panthers go out tomorrow night like you have something to prove to the rest of the Sumner county district. PHS 7 WHHS 0

NO OFFENSE TO YOU PANTHERS FAN BUT 7-0 IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN,AND YOU KNOW I REALLY FEEL FOR THE KIDS ON THAT PANTHER SQUAD THE MOST.THEY DESERVE ALOT BETTER.YOU KNOW GROWING UP IN WHITE HOUSE YOU GROW UP

WITH THE PORTLAND KIDS AS WELL AND EVEN AS A TRUE BLUE IT BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE SUCH A HISTORICALLY SOUND FOOTBALL PROGRAM GO THROUGH THIS,IT REMINDS ME OF SPRINGFIELD HERE THE PAST 3-4 YEARS.PANTHER PLAYERS KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND DEDICATE YOURSELVES TO GET BETTER EACH WEEK AND ALWAYS PLAY WITH PRIDE AND CLASS,GOOD LUCK 2MORROW NIGHT AND BE HAPPT TO BE PLAYING IN SUCH A HISTORICAL RIVALRY. :wacko:

I do care to elaborate. Several qualified applicants applied for the job, I do know that at least one coach was a head coach and coming from an undefeated program and was not even called back.

That is a pretty strong statement. (head coach and coming from an undefeated program and was not even called back). Dont come out with that, and leave us hanging. Come on come out with it. Something like that would, and should get some one higher up the food chain in hot water. Dont be scared, tell us his name. Or are you full of your self and dont really have any facts to back up such a statement.... Oh, let me say :wacko:WH by 20! :wacko:

White House fans, please excuse dapanfer. He does not speak for the town of Portland. He is an ex coach from the last few years. He is only getting onto this site to stir the pot. Making comments that we have the best team we've had in years is incredibly stupid. Ignore any future comments that he may make.

Dude, get a clue. This site is a joke. There are NO Panther fans on here. You, however, are a current Portland coach. It seems a little unethical for you to even be posting on here. You need to focus on getting your team ready for Friday night instead of posting on a website. :wacko:

You would think you would be a little more optimistic about your team, too.

White House fans, please excuse dapanfer. He does not speak for the town of Portland. He is an ex coach from the last few years. He is only getting onto this site to stir the pot. Making comments that we have the best team we've had in years is incredibly stupid. Ignore any future comments that he may make.

:wacko: A former coach?! Man, I've never coached football a day in my life...unless you count all those Sundays from the comfort of my own couch! You, my friend, are the pot stirrer. I'm just trying to talk up my team. If you are a current Panther coach, which I think you are, you should either be getting your boys ready to play or teaching a class instead of posting on Coach T. Leave that to us amateur coaches (fans).

They may be playing with about the same kids and all but their schedule is way harder than it used to be. The only thing that will help the panthers to ever be good again would to build another high school in the town like white house did. Heritage is taking 470 kids out of white house high and that is the only reason white house is still winning week end and week out. instead of playing in the 5/6 level like the panthers. both white house teams are starting to be sucessful now.

Geez…Tough Crowd. Due to the nature of my job, I feel like I can comment on some things said in this forum. # 1. I would bet the house that none of you know Coach Sanders or no anything about him. Politics that he got the job. Please!! He had no influence on anyone making the decision. On the outside looking in, he has done a tremendous job with these young men. Whether that translates to wins, I have no idea. They did not look great against Greenwood and I don’t think anyone took it tougher then he did. You could definitely see that on his face and his family’s face after the game. Speaking of Greenwood and the tape scandal, I will clear some things up. In my weekly interview with Coach this is what he said. The film crew in their earlier scrimmage that was traded with Greenwood was a group of Freshman. The regular guy was not there. During the film they made some comments about Greenwood. Coach was unaware of this because the film was instantly burned on a DVD after the game and traded that night. Do you really think the coaches were in the pressbox making comments about the upcoming opponent? I also seriously doubt that he or any of his coaches are on here. I have brought this site up before and he said he would not get on here even held at gunpoint. He also told me that he has told his coaches and players not to get on here because it is a cancer. Anyone can hide behind a screen name. There are a lot of things going against the Panthers. One being that of a tough region, and the fact that he was given only 3 varsity assistants, and 1 volunteer which I know hurts. Regardless, I wish the Panthers nothing but the best.

Thanks---PortlandLeaderNewsPhoto@gmail.com

They may be playing with about the same kids and all but their schedule is way harder than it used to be. The only thing that will help the panthers to ever be good again would to build another high school in the town like white house did. Heritage is taking 470 kids out of white house high and that is the only reason white house is still winning week end and week out. instead of playing in the 5/6 level like the panthers. both white house teams are starting to be sucessful now.

Before the split occured, WH moved to 4A. Then the split and WH played 4A ball with a 3A school attendence. Check your facts, we competed quite well. Matter of fact, we beat the stuffings out of the eventual 3A runner up that year.

By the game I watched last nite, WH, with the additional athletes from another school, would not only compete, but excel, and who knows what the score would have been if we were in your region. I'd say the clock would continue to run in the 2nd half.

So before to run off at the mouth again, better to focus on your own program and quit whining why Portland can't win and WH does because "we built another school"...... You have no clue.