Lewis Co Panthers

ddaddy

I believe Lewis has the players. They took a big hit losing the Linebacker for a period. The offensive play calling is not up to snuff. Whoever calls needs to look at the roster and realize there is a team on it. Lewis now is going into the meat of the schedule, it won't get easier. Still think the players will play hard every down, hope the coaches haven't given up on these players. I have heard a few comments that concern me......after one scrimmage (there first) they were told they would be a 2-8 team and after the first loss, they were the worst team the coach has ever had, hope that isn't true and if it is, they all......coaches and players are in this together and not except it. I know they lost a lot of players from last year, but what I read here they have some talent to play. Everyone needs to pull together and find reasons to try hard instead of excuses of excepting the outcome. I agree with the previous post......Lewis may down now, but it won't last for long. I understand they have big Freshman class with talent and the sophmore class........so I would say Lewis will be clawing its way back to where it belongs. This season is over yet, seen Lewis started this way before and ended up with a good season. You seniors step up and show the fight you have so the ones coming up can learn from it. Good luck and keep taking it to them! :roflol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“7-10 games each year because of a little coaching and a lot of talent” This is the most obtuse statement that I have read on a Lewis County post! During his tenure as head coach in LC Coach Sharp has coached our teams to 40% of the victories that we have had in the history of Lewis County Football. There’s no doubt that over the past 88 years we have had some great kids and good talent come through our program. Since you are up on how great our “talent” level has been, how many DI A College athletes have come through in those 88 years (that played)? 1- Billy Grover at Vandy in the 1950’s. I assure you that we don’t have to be hard on Coach Sharp for starting 0-2 because no one can be harder on him then he is on himself. Can we do better? I hope so and I hope we will. If we are going to give Coach Sharp the credit for the losses let’s give him recognition for the 183 that he has won since coming here. After all in the 60+ years before he came we were 277-240-17 and with that being said this will be my last response to asinine statements.

Page will be a tall challenge for the Panthers, but I was glad to hear that LC had one of their best practices of the year yesterday. Everyone seems to be determined and working hard to get better and that’s all you can ask.

That is great to hear! :roflolk: As I said before.....10-0 or 0-10, they will always fight hard. They have made the first 2 games exciting, I would have liked a different outcome, but they battled all the way. For a minute there last week I thought they just might pull it out, then we missed the two point and turned around and recovered a onside kick. They still are the cardic Kids, never giving up. I think they still will have a few surprises in them before this season is over. How is the linebacker that got hurt last week doing. Hated to hear about losing the one (awesome player) the first week, he is a play maker......no doubt about it. Hope everyone is healthy this week and just give an all out effort.

“7-10 games each year because of a little coaching and a lot of talent” This is the most obtuse statement that I have read on a Lewis County post! During his tenure as head coach in LC Coach Sharp has coached our teams to 40% of the victories that we have had in the history of Lewis County Football. There’s no doubt that over the past 88 years we have had some great kids and good talent come through our program. Since you are up on how great our “talent” level has been, how many DI A College athletes have come through in those 88 years (that played)? 1- Billy Grover at Vandy in the 1950’s. I assure you that we don’t have to be hard on Coach Sharp for starting 0-2 because no one can be harder on him then he is on himself. Can we do better? I hope so and I hope we will. If we are going to give Coach Sharp the credit for the losses let’s give him recognition for the 183 that he has won since coming here. After all in the 60+ years before he came we were 277-240-17 and with that being said this will be my last response to asinine statements.

Obtuse! Ha! Looks like somebody has been watching The Shawshank Redemption! Better watch it, Andy...Warden Norton will throw you in the hole for using big words he doesn't know the meaning of! I love that movie. Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'... Love it!!!

Saying that only one D1-A athlete has come from the Lewis County football program is true, but not altogether accurate. There have been athletes who have played for Lewis County under Coach Sharp who could have suited up for a number of D1-A programs. Granted, they didn't. Some shot themselves in the foot and some were just plain not marketed because Coach Sharp didn't want his good name attached to them. They were thugs, troublemakers, intellectually challenged, chemically enhanced (this one isn't exclusive to the talented players...this has been the 400 pound gorilla in the corner for years. Ever wonder why there are so few players over 6 feet? This needs to stop.), or Coach Sharp simply didn't believe they had the heart and gumption to last in a college football atmosphere. This isn't a big secret inside Lewis County.

All this notwithstanding, I hope Lewis County will figure out a way to turn it around and make a good showing the rest of the season. These kids have a lot of pressure on them to succeed due to the tradition. Lets keep this in mind.

Page will be a tall challenge for the Panthers, but I was glad to hear that LC had one of their best practices of the year yesterday. Everyone seems to be determined and working hard to get better and that’s all you can ask.

ddaddy, am I going to have to come over to Hohenwald and cheer for you guys? Hang in there. You guys will get it together. Always have had a great program there. Good luck Friday. Would be there, but got to call the Waverly game on the radio.

Obtuse! Ha! Looks like somebody has been watching The Shawshank Redemption! Better watch it, Andy...Warden Norton will throw you in the hole for using big words he doesn't know the meaning of! I love that movie. Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'... Love it!!!

Saying that only one D1-A athlete has come from the Lewis County football program is true, but not altogether accurate. There have been athletes who have played for Lewis County under Coach Sharp who could have suited up for a number of D1-A programs. Granted, they didn't. Some shot themselves in the foot and some were just plain not marketed because Coach Sharp didn't want his good name attached to them. They were thugs, troublemakers, intellectually challenged, chemically enhanced (this one isn't exclusive to the talented players...this has been the 400 pound gorilla in the corner for years. Ever wonder why there are so few players over 6 feet? This needs to stop.), or Coach Sharp simply didn't believe they had the heart and gumption to last in a college football atmosphere. This isn't a big secret inside Lewis County.

All this notwithstanding, I hope Lewis County will figure out a way to turn it around and make a good showing the rest of the season. These kids have a lot of pressure on them to succeed due to the tradition. Lets keep this in mind.

Do you know any of this to be fact or pure speculation? I can give you one fact...this years senior class.....none of that applies without a doubt, From top to bottom. None intellectually challenged, none chemically enhanced, no thugs etc. Pretty harsh statement if you don't know any to be true, not only on Sharp but the program as a whole. They do have some "natural" talent with brains. If you don't know any of this to be absolutely fact, you have thrown a big cloud over alot of players, past and present. If you do know fact.....report it to the TSSAA and get it cleared up and fixed.

I do agree with your comment about the pressure these kids are under this year. I'm curious to see how the fans support them through the tough times facing them......last weeks crowd was down some, but probably due to the fair being in town.....I hope......this week should tell if the support is there. Lewis has a couple of classes coming up in the next 2 years with big numbers that should bring the program back to where its expected to be. If the coaching staff would have known that TSSAA was going to throw this at them, the might have played more 2nd and 3rd stringers last year to gain experience.....but it is what it is. If you want to watch some exciting ball....come out and catch a game.....the outcome is never certain......till the finale horn goes off. Side note...This years seniors are more like Vandy players in the SEC, smart and play hard even with the odds against them.....maybe we could have a brain bowl after each game and at least get a split :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I think anybody talking smack about Coach Sharp is crazy . When you talk Lewis Co. football you would have to say LC is a top class program. I am sure he is hated by several district foes for good reason (he has kicked your butts ) . I still think Lewis Co. is a small 2a school noway they are 3a. If Coach Sharp run for president I would vote for him . He is a good coach and even better man . I wished more coaches were like him . LEWIS CO. PANTHERS WILL BE BACK MARK THAT DOWN.