Lewis Co Panthers

ddaddy

Where was #8 the last drive and why was he not in the ballgame?

I'm not sure, I heard he had an ankle problem so that be what the problem was. They have quite a few banged up, 22 was playing with shoulder, knee and wrist problem. 55 ankle, 2 ankle, not sure on this one, but heard 65 had either a knee or ankle issue. 39 ankle...sounds like a M.A.S.H unit. Alot are banged up, but all are playing hard and putting out all they have. I personally havent' been more prouder of a group of players than this bunch.....they have battled every game. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) they will turn the corner. :popcorneater:

Wow, you guys are beaten up. I sure hope that linebacker that you lost if okay, when I seen him in Lexington he was something special. The big plays seem to be killing you guys.I know last year you had the missle playing safety, he seemed to shut the big plays down. I guess your safety this year is learning. Everyone I have talked to over there (except former players) is still excited about these players. They are putting out effort beyond what was expected. I think your coaching staff and Players are in this together, and how sweet victory will be once they get that first one. From all I hear they are still working hard and giving up hasn't even enter anyones thought process, Which is great. Hang in there Lewis........the good times are coming. I agree with alot of the posters here, this group is something special based on the amount of effort they put out. I think alot will remember that more than wins and loses. Coaches and young players are learning what it will take, which will make them much better for the coming years thanks to this group laying it all out. The Win is Coming! :popcorneater:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey turf.....good to see your post. Lewis has been catching alot of heat, good to see some good post instead of the critics. I agree with you 100%. They are giving it all. Haven't seen ddaddy lately he seems to know the inside, was hoping to hear from him and hear how everyone is doing and the amount of work they are putting in. Hope all are doing good up your way......seen S. Fulton got a win...great to hear. If you hear anything be sure to pass it along. Stat and DDaddy seem to be on top of things.

How are they looking in practice this week? People getting healed up? Have they settled on a starting backfield yet? I know they have had 4 different ones so far this season. (Each game has been different). Ran into some of the players and they are still believing. The coaches and players are working hard ......together. If they turn this around and start to win a few, coaches might be prouder of their job they have done and players. One thing for sure, after this year, Lewis will be much much better. The coaches are learning whats it going to take next year, they are learning how to defend next year. I think Lewis after this year is going to start to be back where they were. Think they will be able to compete with all of the teams in this district. This is Giles year, and then they lose some great players and will have to rebuild, Spinghill is heavy senior team and will lose all of them. Page has a nice mix and should be in pretty good shape next year. Fairview is relying heavy on senior leaderships this year. Hickman and Lewis are building. East can only get better each year that passes. Stay hungry Lewis panthers.......good things are coming yet this year. Your heart and hard work will payoff!

Don't be afraid to make the play, instead of making a mistake!

Stat_Pack1 said "The coaches are learning whats it going to take next year, they are learning how to defend next year."

Shouldn't they already know what it takes? For the most part, this is a veteran coaching staff. Granted there are a few young coaches, but the young coaches have been around football most of their life. The coaches have coached enough games that they should be able to adjust. It should not take a year like this one for the coaches to learn and adjust next year. There are six more ball games left in the season. Find what it takes THIS YEAR, makes the changes, teach the fundamentals to the players, and see what happens.

Stat_Pack1 said "The coaches are learning whats it going to take next year, they are learning how to defend next year."

Shouldn't they already know what it takes? For the most part, this is a veteran coaching staff. Granted there are a few young coaches, but the young coaches have been around football most of their life. The coaches have coached enough games that they should be able to adjust. It should not take a year like this one for the coaches to learn and adjust next year. There are six more ball games left in the season. Find what it takes THIS YEAR, makes the changes, teach the fundamentals to the players, and see what happens.

It was meant...........they will have experience against these teams and tendency. They haven't played against the spread like this. These teams have the athletes to run it. I'm sure they learn something every game. The players on the sidelines and the players returning will have a great feel for it next year. Nothing against the coaching staff. Any coach that doesn't think he learns something continous has shut himself out of learning. I think the coaches are working had and "learning" as is the players.

There have been some improvements each week in different areas. I keep hoping that we will put it all together in the next game. The one place we can’t seem to get a grip on is giving up big plays. In all 4 games just as we seemed to get momentum on our side we give up a big play. Whether it’s a turnover, special team breakdown or a long pass or running play it has been happening at the worst time. Maybe this is the week when we put it all together an win one of those close games that we have been losing.

There have been some improvements each week in different areas. I keep hoping that we will put it all together in the next game. The one place we can’t seem to get a grip on is giving up big plays. In all 4 games just as we seemed to get momentum on our side we give up a big play. Whether it’s a turnover, special team breakdown or a long pass or running play it has been happening at the worst time. Maybe this is the week when we put it all together an win one of those close games that we have been losing.

It sounds like they have been in every game. The big plays have broke their backs. First game was the flags. Any change at safety? Reading here it appears the inexperience there has hurt some. The diehard fans I have had talks with are still very positive about this bunch. They agree with you.....0-4 could be just as easy as 4-0 or 3-1. I agree with you about putting it all together.....that first win could start a roll for a young group. Hang in there, good things will happen.

It sounds like they have been in every game. The big plays have broke their backs. First game was the flags. Any change at safety? Reading here it appears the inexperience there has hurt some. The diehard fans I have had talks with are still very positive about this bunch. They agree with you.....0-4 could be just as easy as 4-0 or 3-1. I agree with you about putting it all together.....that first win could start a roll for a young group. Hang in there, good things will happen.

I understand what lewis county fans are dealing with but when they lost the senior leadership from last year its hard to replace that but i have frinds over their good luck to pax and all the seniors

How they looking this week? Rain I guess is making it difficult. Everyone healing up ? How about he Graham kid.......any news on him. What a bad break for the team......but more important this young man. He is just pure class in every aspect of life. Any changes in Safety yet.......are they working with him hard? Experience is a great teacher! Good luck to all the players! A few of us were sitting around discussing Lewis and how much some people are enjoying the down the team is going through. We all agree though that if Lewis was to finish off the season 5-5 or even 4-6 that the coaches would have probably done their best coaching job in years and have more pride in this group than so many years of the gimmes win. Will say a lot for the coaches and the players. Every week was a battle. We all are pulling for you guys. Making the playoffs would make this a very special year. The fans need to support this team. They use to come out and see how bad they were going to beat someone, this year they should come out and support the team to help them to a win. These are games you just can't tell the outcome until it is finished. Again Good luck!!! :thumb:

I enjoyed the game last week, but hated the comments in the stands. Ex players mocking and making fun of the players on the field. Comments like this wouldn't be a game if "we" were playing. They really "s***". The coaches wish they had us and will be glad when these are gone.

In fairness there were some parents/fans/family defending them. But as an outsider I really hated to hear those comments. I have read about the coaches commments after one scrimmage..."2-8" team this year, after first loss..."worse team we had". This group just doesn't seem to get much respect for the effort. I seen mistakes during the game.......but have seen them in "EVERY GAME" regardless who is playing. These players are playing with not much experience and one of the toughess schedules they have faced in over a decade.

All I can say to the players...........Play the game for yourselfs and if no one wants to get aboard.....so be it, but look at each other and give it all you have, because it seems you are standing alone. To those fans that was defending the players............WAY TO GO! Lewis......I still think you have a chance here, don't let anyone convince you of anything different......including the coaches that don't believe in you.........Believe in each other and play as a "TEAM" and make things happen.........good luck this week, I'll be making calls to see how your doing! Enjoyed last week seeing you in person.