SCORES----and a little comment!!!!!

h2odog

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously something changed at half time. I wasn't there because we played Indepedence last night and I would love to hear from someone who was at the game as to what happened in the second half for Brentwood to take over like that. I will be honest I didn't see a blowout coming from either team in this game and I would certainly classify this as a blowout. I look forward to hearing what went on from Brentwood to open up a can like they did..........

Well obviously something changed at half time. I wasn't there because we played Indepedence last night and I would love to hear from someone who was at the game as to what happened in the second half for Brentwood to take over like that. I will be honest I didn't see a blowout coming from either team in this game and I would certainly classify this as a blowout. I look forward to hearing what went on from Brentwood to open up a can like they did..........

I would love to hear as well. I have not seen Brentwood this year. I was very impressed with Franklin in the pre-season in every aspect - speed, ball control, defense, physicality. Brentwood must be a heck of a team.

It was a great match the first half. 0 to 0 at halftime. Unfortunately for Franklin, their keeper was involved with a one v one collision after a save during the first half. The BHS player charged her at full speed after the save was made and in the collision the keeper took an elbow to the temple and a cleat to the knee. Franklin's keeper tried to return to the field at second half but began to vomit and was helped off. Word is concussion and will be out for a week. Franklin's second keeper came in and BHS scored twice within a matter of minutes. It fell apart after that. Ref's did not control the game, which is necessary when two rivals such as these two schools play. The BHS player should have gotten at least a yellow, but nothing was called.

It was a great match the first half. 0 to 0 at halftime. Unfortunately for Franklin, their keeper was involved with a one v one collision after a save during the first half. The BHS player charged her at full speed after the save was made and in the collision the keeper took an elbow to the temple and a cleat to the knee. Franklin's keeper tried to return to the field at second half but began to vomit and was helped off. Word is concussion and will be out for a week. Franklin's second keeper came in and BHS scored twice within a matter of minutes. It fell apart after that. Ref's did not control the game, which is necessary when two rivals such as these two schools play. The BHS player should have gotten at least a yellow, but nothing was called.

I know it's a matter of perspective but it appeared the goalie bobbled the ball and didn't have control of it, thus the BHS player was still playing it for possession/control. I still wish the FHS goalie hadn't gotten hurt---and hope for a speedy recovery!

I know it's a matter of perspective but it appeared the goalie bobbled the ball and didn't have control of it, thus the BHS player was still playing it for possession/control. I still wish the FHS goalie hadn't gotten hurt---and hope for a speedy recovery!

Bobble did not occur until after the collision. Ball was caught and the play should have been over.

Correction- Franklin keeper never left the game and made several fine saves after her collision with the Brentwood player. It was a well played game by both teams.

Were you at the game. That keeper has never given up 4 goals to Brentwood, for an entire season..She is out for at least one week with a concussion. The good thing is that will meet again in districts. As the old saying goes, what goes around, comes around....

St. Agnes 4 - ECS 1

Any comments?

I usually don't unless asked. SAA scored 4 in the first half before ECS showed up and got a goal.

0-0 second half. I think you know we lost a starter at KH for the year and one of the leading scorers

did not play the 2nd half. ECS can play for sure, but SAA is a touch above. Monday night will be one

of the toughest challenges of the season. I am sure BCHS and SBA will show up strong as well. Let me know if you'll be there.

Edit: it was 4-0 first half, ECS scored early in 2nd.