SCORES----and a little comment!!!!!

h2odog

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berean 14

Austin East 0

How does someone explain this? Could this be a football score? Inexcusable for any team to humiliate another like this!

Not much fun for anyone, IMO. We have been on the loosing end of this several times over the last 8 years. 3 weeks ago, at a jamboree, during a 40 minute game, I saw this exact score. It upset many people. The coach was very new, just out of college. I don't think he really knew what happened until it was too late. Now last season, we did have an 11-0 win, but 3 or 4 goals were "own". We settled down at 7. It does happen.

yea, we know what you mean...kind of like a stabbing someone 14 times with a knife . one becomes two, two becomes four and before you know it, your in the teens.

Well......I don't know about the knife thing.....But sort of like going to the snack cabinet and saying you are going to eat 5 Oreo cookies. 5 becomes 6, etc.....That is not as gruesome. :thumb: Well to me.

yea, we know what you mean...kind of like a stabbing someone 14 times with a knife . one becomes two, two becomes four and before you know it, your in the teens.

Well......I don't know about the knife thing.....But sort of like going to the snack cabinet and saying you are going to eat 5 Oreo cookies. 5 becomes 6, etc.....That is not as gruesome. :bored: Well to me.

Coach, I like yours a lot better (and unfortunately, am with cleansheet on that one, as well!)

Franklin 2

Riverdale 1

All scoring in the second half. Riverdale scores first on a direct kick. Franklin responds quickly. Riverdale scores a second goal that is disallowed. Ball goes through a hole in the back of the net and neither the Ref or AR see it. Confirmed as a goal by Franklin players after the game. You would think Riverdale could afford nets without holes. Franklins second goal was actually an own goal by a Riverdale defender trying to clear the ball out of the box. Final score probably should have been 2-2. Riverdale girls, keep your heads up, two tough, controversial losses to a couple of powerful Williamson County teams this week should be confidence builders for the rest of the season.

I agree that the ball did go through the net but had the officials been in the correct position, they would have seen that the ball was passed to the middle from out of bounds. The goal would not have counted anyway and that was the arguement of the Franklin defenders and goal keeper. Good game anyway. Both teams left everything on the field.

FRA 2 DCA 1 Great night for Soccer DCA scored first about 6 minutes in then FRA responded with goal by Morgan Crofford In the stoppage time of first half FRA scores when Carly Bowen puts in Corner kick from Crofford. How about a little love for the Panthers they had a tough last 4 games and did well with 2-2 ties at BGA at St. George and at JCS then finally a win last night.

Lexington 2

North Side 0

Thanks so much to my team for pulling together to make this game happen. We only have 14 roster members. One injured, one who's grandmother passed this week, and one who had to go to a travel softball showcase to get seen by some colleges. 8 am on Thursday, I had only 11. They hit up all of their friends, and found the only eligible basketball player at LHS that had just completed her physical and who wasn't on the vollyball team! Couple of the girls rounded up some shinguards and cleats, went to her house, and showed her some basics. All she had to do was sit on the bench, and go in to give a few girls a breather every time one gassed out. Well, she ended up being such an athlete, she played 70% of the game, and almost scored. I hope she stays on the team.

Also a big thanks to our AD, for making sure she got added to the TSSAA site before the game started. And for staying the entire game. And for bringing the check for the ref.

I agree that the ball did go through the net but had the officials been in the correct position, they would have seen that the ball was passed to the middle from out of bounds. The goal would not have counted anyway and that was the arguement of the Franklin defenders and goal keeper. Good game anyway. Both teams left everything on the field.

Out of bounds calls are subjective if its hard to tell if the whole ball is out or not. We actually had this same scenario go against us at Ravenwood Tuesday. My gripe is having equipment (the nets) in disrepair that it is even questionable if it was a goal or not. The girls on both teams work too hard to have this be an issue. :D