SCORES----and a little comment!!!!!

h2odog

Briarcrest - 1

St Benedict - 2

Game was 0 to 0 at the half. Had an awesome center ref who was calling the game well up until early in the 2nd half...when he twisted his knee. The AR took over and the game was not called quite as closely. SBA played a very aggressive game and scored first with about 17 minutes remaining in the game, with a Briarcrest goal afterwards to tie it up. SBA 2nd's goal came from a corner that was never full cleared by the defense leaving a SBA player unmarked with around 4 minutes or so left in the match...

Both teams had some excellent opportunities. Field was very wet with a light drizzle which doesn't bode well for Briarcrest's possession game.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, there appear to be many excellent teams in the West this year. The scores go back and forth, with many close games. I've not seen all the teams in the West, but based on the teams I've seen (Houston, Collierville, St. Agnes, Briarcrest, St. Benedict), the competition is very good.

True on the West teams scores bouncing around and thanks for the complement. Usually anyone east of Shelby county is not so kind.The field conditions have been horrible for three weeks which has changed the team dynamics greatly. As everyone knows, injuries are a factor as well. A plays B well and wins and two weeks later two players have the flu and B beat A. Overall, I think the talent level is up on many teams and much stronger younger players are adding to the teams as well.

This has been the quietest I have ever seen girls high school soccer on Coach T in my few years of being on board. Could that be the loss of DonC???? :roflol:

I must say, there appear to be many excellent teams in the West this year. The scores go back and forth, with many close games. I've not seen all the teams in the West, but based on the teams I've seen (Houston, Collierville, St. Agnes, Briarcrest, St. Benedict), the competition is very good.

Yes...thank you very much for the kind words for the West! Most of the the games have been pretty close and much is determined by pure luck this year on some of the games.

Depends on which defensive line loses focus to allow a goal or who may have the better ref team to keep the game in control (or which ref has the best eyeglasses to really call the offsides, etc) or who can actually hit the net versus the cross bar first or who can handle swampy field conditions the best. It should be an exciting post season.

However, I will say from a consistency stand point that St Agnes and Houston have come out ahead.

This has been the quietest I have ever seen girls high school soccer on Coach T in my few years of being on board. Could that be the loss of DonC???? :roflol:

I would agree with that! Very few postings this year! There are some days where there isn't even one new post! With DonC and Chass leaving, as well as Coniglio and Reaction getting a life, things have gotten rather quiet!

This has been the quietest I have ever seen girls high school soccer on Coach T in my few years of being on board. Could that be the loss of DonC???? :thumb:

I would agree with that! Very few postings this year! There are some days where there isn't even one new post! With DonC and Chass leaving, as well as Coniglio and Reaction getting a life, things have gotten rather quiet!

The only really spirited posts are when we posters lose track of the thread and go off into club soccer land.... :roflol:

This has been the quietest I have ever seen girls high school soccer on Coach T in my few years of being on board. Could that be the loss of DonC???? :thumb:

The only really spirited posts are when we posters lose track of the thread and go off into club soccer land.... :wacko:

Ha ha! Yeah... then that big mean moderator steps in and ruins the whole party! :roflol:

It would be nice to keep Mr. Mjuhb out of the weather to do his rankings. I think his two week absence

has not given us any fuel. The lack of stupid comments has hurt as well. I will try to do better in that regard. :thumb:

i think we're all holding back till the playoffs. it seems the games that are drawing attention are out of district like collierville heading east notre dame gps and the like aa districts aren't much of a challange for state contenders. aaa districts seem to be much more competitive.

The D2AA teams are very competitive with the AAA teams as exhibited with games that have been played so far this year throughout the state...St Agnes beat Houston, Ravenwood, Independence and many more, Briarcrest tied Houston and Germantown and beat Ravenwood and Independence, St Benedict beat Oak Ridge and some other AAA teams. In the East and Middle, Baylor and GPS have pretty much had their way with many AAA teams.

The only really spirited posts are when we posters lose track of the thread and go off into club soccer land.... :popcorneater:

I'm still around, but I usually just read and don't post. I often started new threads just to get people posting. In the past, we had threads on Soccer in the News, Alumni playing in College, Best Web Sites, best pictures, etc.