SCORES----and a little comment!!!!!

h2odog

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briarcrest - 2

Hutchison -3

Very fast paced game to watch with plenty of opportunities on both sides. Some defensive mis-communication caused Briarcrest to give away a half time lead. :bored:Briarcrest had some excellent opportunities that went just side or to hands. Hutchison had a lot of speed up top and didn't take any chances defensively.

I agree, but the Hutchison goalie played a really good game and made a few tough plays.

It was a beautiful night for soccer!

Large population base + $$$ = good soccer. Somewhat sad that in the US we have turned a blue collar sport with appeal to the masses around the world into a white collar sport.

For example, scores from the last two days: Catholic 13 Heritage 0 and Heritage 14 Austin East 1. Austin East--urban, inner city; Heritage--rural; Catholic--private/lots of club players.

Large population base + $$$ = good soccer. Somewhat sad that in the US we have turned a blue collar sport with appeal to the masses around the world into a white collar sport.

For example, scores from the last two days: Catholic 13 Heritage 0 and Heritage 14 Austin East 1. Austin East--urban, inner city; Heritage--rural; Catholic--private/lots of club players.

Only in America could we do that!

When I went to Brazil, almost every boy we saw was playing soccer every chance they got, on concrete yards (usually without shoes on!). They absolutely love the game. I'm curious why the same mentality doesn't take affect in the US. You really don't need much of any equipment to play.

I think it is sad that it has changed into, as wired put it, a "white collar sport". MVM can weigh in on the club player situation (I THINK we have talked about that in the past somewhere!!! :popcorneater: ) but it is true. It is also a lot harder to get a club team started in more rural areas because of a numbers issue. This is why the TN soccer coaches association fought so hard against the 50% rule. If that had passed, then no rural area would have been able to put a club team together. Glad they didn't enforce that for soccer. They did for volleyball and basketball.

I had made a decision to post scores on the "Week ? Rankings" thread as directed by Mr. MJUHB. But since we are almost to week 7, I don't know if anyone will care what's on week 5. Hope Mr. M is Okay.

From the West, per the Commercial Appeal:

St. George's 1-1

Jackson Christian 1-0

First Asembly 0-2

SBEC 1-1

Lausanne 3-3

Tipton/Rosemark 0-0

Brighton 5-6 ------------ WELL DONE :lol:

Craigmont 0-0

Fayette ACA 2-0

Munford 0-0

Hutchison 1-2