Best GK in Tn

Guest ChiefSmackahoe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Elam is not the best goalie in the state at all. First of all he never started for the 85 ODP team. The lacks quickness and mental toughness. After an ODP game one time he started crying because he got scored on seven times in one half. If i had to pick the best goalie in the state it would be either Sean for ECS or justin kramer for cbhs.

the truth is josh elam did start for the 85 odp team. he was not picked as the starting keeper. the keeper was injured and the '85s only had one keeper.we borrowed the s.texas keeper for one game but then had to play s texas. the '86s gave us josh to finish out the week. i know both elam and day. i also know zac brown from mcmin and justin kramer from cbhs. as to the best keeper is it # of saves,goal kick distance,punt distance or how he controls his defence. i'd have to give zac the nod for these qualities.day has the heart. elam is a good keeper and so is kramer.

Whether Josh started for the '85 ODP team or not is pretty irrelevant overall. First, he is an '86 player chosen for the '85 State team which is an honor in itself (if you think Tennessee's ODP program is important-that's a whole different debate). Two, ODP in Tennessee is not a defining measuring stick of ability like it is in many other states. Three, he is the keeper on a pretty good club team that has won the State DI championship two of the last three years and was the runner-up in the year in between. In the last year, he was the Impact's keeper in every game they played. I'm told that over 40% of those games ended up with a shutout. Without a doubt, shutout's are usually earned by team effort, not just one player, BUT that many shutouts lead me to believe he's a pretty fine keeper. As for other top keepers, there are a number out there spread across the state, many of whom have already been mentioned and several who have not. Who's the best? Who knows? Really, who cares? Josh, is among the best and that's all that matters. Bearden is in good hands and only a foolish team will look past the Dogs. If Farragut does, the rule of Bearden will continue.

i was a senior last year at Shelbyville Central High. i was formerly known as Central17, but i got booted off for being "speaking my mind" to the tullahoma people. oh well- no need for that now- at least not just yet. yeah so anyways, you are a good keep- just don't let it go to your head, keep working hard, and i hope you all do well this year- i do hope you lose at least once though. haha. anyways good luck.

I notice alot of talk about Day and Elam, but none about Clarksville's Scott Orr. I agree with someone who posted earlier, that he was putting on a clinic at state. Anyone who doesn't put him into the picture for best in the state, isnt looking very hard. Clarksville is up top all the time, take a look at them. And, you will see a state worthy contender in their keeper.