Best GK in Tn

Guest ChiefSmackahoe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BHSdefense for saying I was an OK keeper. I would have to say that Elam is the best keeper in the state. He is a complete goalie. I don't know why people say he doesn't try because he does. He also plays for the Impact. Who are ranked nationally. He is a good keeper.

Mike Day from Kingston is a great goal keeper, but credit alot to his coach, Luk. Most of the goals that have been scored on him is when his defense falls. Not only has he blocked pk's this year, but he has scored a couple also. Ohh, and about the Baylor game, and all games last year for that matter, he had ACL surgery last year and was out for the year, our backup keeper played the season last year.

Edited by Soccer4Life19

TO UNCFAN-

Regarding the Dalton game- I think that was a case of one team overwhelming another. You can't him for letting in goals against a team that was clearly better than McCallie. His defense was unable to provide decent protection, and his offense was unable to put any pressure on Dalton. He was fighting the very good Dalton offense completely on his own, and that being the case, I think three goals is rather decent.

Is there anyone who has actually seen or played against some of the top goalies from across the state? I can appreciate players plugging their own but I have not seen one post with a legitimate comparison between someone from east, middle or west Tennessee. I would think between club and some of the high school teams traveling that this could be done.

I have went up against some good goalies. The one from L.C. is too fat and too slow, but works good for the size he is. The oneida goalie has trouble getting the shots to the lower left corner. Mike Day for Kingston is amazing. He came out and cut off my angles, I had no chance against him. His only weakness is sometimes he looses control when he charges out, and that cost them a p.k. at L.C.