7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to say anymore Riverdale man. My question is, when is Nolan going to make a change with the boys program?

it wasnt coaching last night i felt the boys were well prepared they played GREAT defense all night for the most part hillsboro had to earn their baskets if we get 1 more rebound at the end we still win. I have had bad refs before and had come to the conclusion that it was just me because there was no way there were that many bad one but last night was the first time i ever felt like a ref was cheating. I wasnt the only fan that felt that way even some hillsboro folks thought we was getting the bad end. I know officials dont care who wins and they truely want to call a good game and get out of there but last night was the first time i ever thought other wise. I thought Coach Burks did a GREAT job with his team

As far as ineffective coaches in the 7aaa district... Dotson might be the most ineffective coach in that area. Who does this guy think he is and where does he think he coaches...walking into games in a full Jordan velour jogging suit like he just got done having a sit down with Tony Soprano and Silvio Dante at the Bada Bing. This is high school basketball not big time D-1. He doesnt coach anything like Rick Pitino or John Calapari. If he did not have talented players he wouldnt be able to win as many ball games as he does. Seriously the man couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper sack with a pair of scissors. As far a people on here saying that Turnham and Burks are ineffective and "run kids off" is besides the point. I do not know either one personally, but understand through conversations with mutual aquaintances' that they try to run their programs the right way and usually the right way is the hard way. And from my experiences with sports through the years when kids leave or get "run off", its usually more times than not that they just couldnt cut it and in the long run those teams are better off with out those players!

Hahaha... Siegal haters crack me up. They are the real deal.

Just wondering when someone in the district besides Siegel is going to play a team with a winning record. Scheduling terrible teams only provides false hope.

Riverdale's opponents combined record: 1-11

Oakland's opponents combined record: 8-12

Siegel's opponents combined redord: 12-8. One team counts for 4 of those losses.

Go Stars!!! ;)

Just wondering when someone in the district besides Siegel is going to play a team with a winning record. Scheduling terrible teams only provides false hope.

Siegel's opponents combined redord: 12-8. One team counts for 4 of those losses.

Go Stars!!! ;)

Wins don't always provide for false hope. Siegel has put together a good schedule. But they could also struggle if one of their guys gets injured. What is the make up of the teams in the district liek Lavergne, Blackman, and Smyrna who have they been playing?

They have been playing cupcakes too. I understand that you want to instill confidence in your players and get them believeing that your system will work. However, players could get used to throwing lazy passes for example because they could get away with it against hickman co but that same pass results in a steal and a dunk against a quality opponent. Rebounding is easy against a bunch of 5'7 unathletic kids but its a completely different story when playing against 6'4 - 6'9 athletes who know how to play the game. Thinking that you will be able to drive to the basket anytime you want will prove incorrect when you enter the district and region. Maybe that's why no one besides siegel and oakland have been able to get out of the region the past 6 or 7 years. You can't expect deep post season runs playing hickman co and lincoln co during the season!!

Go Stars!!! :popcorneater:

Not everybody is loaded like Siegel. The schedule certain teams play can get them prepared for district play, which is the goal. I am not crazy about Oakland's schedule, but it is not always the game that is important, sometimes it is the manner in which they win.