7AAA Predictions

boroballer

The baby powder was childish and just shows how crappy the Oakland administration is now. Im sure the oakland mob doesnt, but I do miss butch vaughn. He made the students act half way classy. Do that to your court not ours. The talent will continue coming to Siegel while we keep going further then Oakland.Have yall even made 3 state tournaments in the illustrious history of the school? You guys did a good job getting Jordan warmups though, maybe thats what makes you think the talent will go there? Siegel has Jordan stuff too though so maybe not. Enjoy the regular season district crown. Lavergne is good but OP I like how you just used Oakland and Lavergne as your examples. Im sure Lavergne would rather play Oakland then Siegel. Siegel is underachieving right now and were outcoached friday night, sure the talent may be better but to mesh a team is not an easy task which im sure no one on here has thought about. So, to lose 2 starters and still play at the level Siegel is playing at does involve coaching whether you want to believe it or not. I hope we can get 2 more Oakland Siegel matchups this year. The game friday was an instant classic.

You can't be serious....Lets see:

OAKLAND

District Titles 18

Region Titles 9

Sectional/Sub State Appearances 15 (at least)

State Tourney Appearances 9

State Final 4 Appearances 4

State Championship Game Appearances 1

As long as OHS/SHS are in opposite brackets in the Region, I will be happy. 2nd in district tourney might be better than 1st :thumb:

GOOD LORD, siegel man, he just KILLED you with straight facts.

Not the unstudied mess you spurt out

hahaha, asking if they had made it to the state tourney 3 times? how bout that....TIMES 3

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it from the folks at LaVergne, Julian did not sit out because of grades, it was because he transferred back to LaVergne & was not within the required distance from Brentwood Academy. He missed playing last year by one game, when he became eligible, LaVergne was put out of play by Gallatin.

I actually think at this time Julian is probably the best all-around player in 7AAA, very versatile, can play on both ends of the floor which you don't see often with boys, very valuable to LaVergne.

Would be hard-pressed to find a better-all around player than Jamal Hughes.

I dont see why the HAVE to do it anyway, if someone doesn't shake there hands after a loss because there mad.....let them be, no one is happy after a loss, and I could totally understand that.

Seriously? Silly me, I just thought it just a game and all about promoting sportmanship. No wonder society as a whole is going downhill..........

The baby powder was childish and just shows how crappy the Oakland administration is now. Im sure the oakland mob doesnt, but I do miss butch vaughn. He made the students act half way classy. Do that to your court not ours. The talent will continue coming to Siegel while we keep going further then Oakland.Have yall even made 3 state tournaments in the illustrious history of the school? You guys did a good job getting Jordan warmups though, maybe thats what makes you think the talent will go there? Siegel has Jordan stuff too though so maybe not. Enjoy the regular season district crown. Lavergne is good but OP I like how you just used Oakland and Lavergne as your examples. Im sure Lavergne would rather play Oakland then Siegel. Siegel is underachieving right now and were outcoached friday night, sure the talent may be better but to mesh a team is not an easy task which im sure no one on here has thought about. So, to lose 2 starters and still play at the level Siegel is playing at does involve coaching whether you want to believe it or not. I hope we can get 2 more Oakland Siegel matchups this year. The game friday was an instant classic.

You can't be serious....Lets see:

OAKLAND

District Titles 18

Region Titles 9

Sectional/Sub State Appearances 15 (at least)

State Tourney Appearances 9

State Final 4 Appearances 4

State Championship Game Appearances 1

As long as OHS/SHS are in opposite brackets in the Region, I will be happy. 2nd in district tourney might be better than 1st :thumb:

GOOD LORD, siegel man, he just KILLED you with straight facts.

Not the unstudied mess you spurt out

hahaha, asking if they had made it to the state tourney 3 times? how bout that....TIMES 3

Not to mention the 23 CONSECUTIVE 20 win seasons Oakland has. Oakland has more district and region championships than the rest of the district combined..........

No. no. no.

Dont get me wrong, I promote sportsmanship.

But I truly I have seen more fights occur, whether it be verbal or physical, when you basically force one person to go up to another after a heated game(this be AAU or High School), rather than letting that player/players just walk away in their pissed off state. LOL, just let them be mad with themselves or each other.

Its like putting elmer fudd in a cage with bugz bunny

No. no. no.

Dont get me wrong, I promote sportsmanship.

But I truly I have seen more fights occur, whether it be verbal or physical, when you basically force one person to go up to another after a heated game(this be AAU or High School), rather than letting that player/players just walk away in their pissed off state. LOL, just let them be mad with themselves or each other.

Its like putting elmer fudd in a cage with bugz bunny

Thats what you have security for :hungry: . Seriously, Siegel just cant stand losing to Oakland, losing to anyone else would be dissappointing, but tolerable.

I had to come back and try to help my boys out. I dont care what anybody says, the Siegel Oakland game was a classic. It was going to come down to who made the last mistake. Unfortunately it was Siegel. I don't think anyone can blame Dotson or give Wright the credit for the win or loss. The players poored everything they had into the game. There were no crazy coaching schemes that won or lost the game. It was one of those games where you hate to see either team lose the game.

Siegel... didn't White Co. sweep you in the regular season 2 years ago then beat you in the district championship? Then you came back and beat them in the region championship on your way to the Final Four?

Keep your heads up Siegel and don't forget people.... Siegel will be adding 25 pts 6 reb and 6 ast to their line-up very soon!!!!

I had to come back and try to help my boys out. I dont care what anybody says, the Siegel Oakland game was a classic. It was going to come down to who made the last mistake. Unfortunately it was Siegel. I don't think anyone can blame Dotson or give Wright the credit for the win or loss. The players poored everything they had into the game. There were no crazy coaching schemes that won or lost the game. It was one of those games where you hate to see either team lose the game.

Siegel... didn't White Co. sweep you in the regular season 2 years ago then beat you in the district championship? Then you came back and beat them in the region championship on your way to the Final Four?

Keep your heads up Siegel and don't forget people.... Siegel will be adding 25 pts 6 reb and 6 ast to their line-up very soon!!!!

Ill happily take that scenario, even in a loss...........

It is very interesting that a SiegelGrad would be singing the praises of Butch Vaughn. Now don't take this the wrong way but what in the heck did Vaughn do? Wasn't OHS on the verge of being taken over by the state under his watch. Keep in mind I am not being critical of Mr. Vaughn....just wondering what the love fest is for Siegel people.

Wright has done an excellent job at Oakland. Please dont take this comment as taking anything away from the Oakland players and coaching staff but does anyone think the officials may be attempting to aide Oakland a little?

Lets look at a few "fishy" instances:

1. End of Blackman Oakland game. Adams misses a game winning attempt and a Blackman player is called for "boxing out too aggressively" with .9 seconds left which gives Oakland 2 free throws and a chance to win the game. Really??

2. I hear the officiating at the Lavergne/Smyrna game was TERRIBLE and of course in the favor of Smyrna. That by the way elimanted any chance of lavergne/oakland/siegel ending in a 3 way tie for #1 and locked down #1 for Oakland.

3. Then the questionable tech. foul assessed. Dotson pouted and I agree to that. But since when does giving a fist pump and saying "no way" draw a tech. foul? Seriously?? and the baby powder incident should have resulted in a tech. foul for Oakland. But they threw the powder up instead of out onto the floor. :hungry:

Again, not taking anything away from the great job Wright and the Oakland players have done, but does anyone else think these things may have been odd?

Wright has done an excellent job at Oakland. Please dont take this comment as taking anything away from the Oakland players and coaching staff but does anyone think the officials may be attempting to aide Oakland a little?

1. End of Blackman Oakland game. Adams misses a game winning attempt and a Blackman player is called for "boxing out too aggressively" with .9 seconds left which gives Oakland 2 free throws and a chance to win the game. Really??

2. I hear the officiating at the Lavergne/Smyrna game was TERRIBLE and of course in the favor of Smyrna. That by the way elimanted any chance of lavergne/oakland/siegel ending in a 3 way tie for #1 and locked down #1 for

Oakland.

3. Then the questionable tech. foul assessed. Dotson pouted and I agree to that. But since when does giving a fist pump and saying "no way" draw a tech. foul? Seriously?? and the baby powder incident should have resulted in a tech. foul for Oakland. But they threw the powder up instead of out onto the floor. :hungry:

Again, not taking anything away from the great job Wright and the Oakland players have done, but does anyone else think these things may have been odd?

Officiating is what it is. I seriously doubt theres any conspiracy to favor Oakland. Oakland has played well and currently they are on top. As far as the Blackman/Oakland call, would you still be complaining about the call had it not been at the end of the game?

As far as the Smyrna/Lavergne game goes, don't know much about that game. Maybe there was some questionable calls, but anytime a team gets upset, people start blaming the officiating.

I'll agree with you on the Siegel/Oakland game but only on the lack of technical for the powder incident. It was a serious delay in the game that was obviously caused by a specific team's fans, not to mention dangerous to the players.

However, they probably could have T'd up Dotson for any number of things in that game alone. If he wants to gain the respect of opposing teams as well as many of his own fans, he's got a long way to go. He could start by eliminating the use of profanity as his players are coming off the court.

2. I hear the officiating at the Lavergne/Smyrna game was TERRIBLE and of course in the favor of Smyrna. That by the way elimanted any chance of lavergne/oakland/siegel ending in a 3 way tie for #1 and locked down #1 for Oakland.

Alrite, the sharade is up, you caught us. If I have told them once, I have them a thousand times, always pay off the refs with cash! :flower: