Heritage vs South Doyle

HHS2009

my assessment thus far after week one. karns was either the weakest or the next to weakest team we will see this year. its a real close running between them and our upcoming opponent south doyle. im so glad we came away with a win though. hartley showed some good stuff in the second half, but on the other hand we cant have to many first halves like that, with two interceptions and a couple turnovers from fumbles that killed us, and hartley tends to have problems with over throwing his receivers. i do find my self a little worried that we only by one position against a team that was 1=9 and only returning 2 starters, but i could just as easily be under estimating karns. its to early to tell. our d-line and linebackers looker great and incredibly tough that i was happy to see, but we did give up alot of pass yards. im not sure we are playing the screen correctly but thats just my opinion. our offensive line did great when run blocking and moose did really good carrying the ball when. he was able to get back into the game. our pass blocking did look good for the most part and i was also very impressed with this but there were sometimes where the blocking broke down. the true test of what we were able to accomplish last week will be when karns plays willy b. this week and when we play south doyle. im pretty sure we can come out after our second game 2-0. and when i say we im talking we as heritage supporters of the team, the team its self and our coaching staff. GO MOUNTAINEERS. Good luck in future endeavors.

As long as Duncan plays the current "no pass" system and as long as he is not playing even the best QB,the one he gave all the press clippings to in preseason,it will will be another long night.

WOW!! The honeymoon for the new coach did not last long. I thought the QB showed some good athleticism and #27 ran the ball well. Maybe the "no pass" system will work well in the Rain :unsure:

Nice first half for the Mountaineers. Moved the ball well and made some big plays on defense. Special teams are a big issue, coverage is to slow getting down the field and players not staying in their lanes. The team will need to learn from this game, not to quit when they have a lead, everyone still has a job to do and they have to do it the entire game. When you get a lead, poor it on.... Way to go Mountaineers on a big win. The Defense is awesome......Running backs looked good and the receivers only had two or three drops. QB played well. Get ready for Lenoir City next week.

Nothing that happened at SD is not fixable. The kids are receptive to their coaching and the coaches are as always aware of problems that need to be addressed. This is a great bunch of athletes and a great bunch of coaches. Things ARE looking up for HHS no matter what the nay sayers are spouting off. Go Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but this is the worst South Doyle O. I have ever seen. My brother and I were at the game last night and I would like to take my hat off to # 27 . This is one tough kid every time he touched the ball he was poped at the line even the plays he scored on. You say the QB was looking positive, please he done nothing all night and I mean NOTHING. He is starting to look scared when he runs the ball now and if he throws a pass it's a jump ball for anyone to catch. SD has 6 first downs for the year and completed 1 pass. I'm sure the coaches will go back to the chalk board and put in a new running plan. There are a lot of questions in the stands and the big talk is why is last years QB not playing. I happened to here someone ask his dad last what was going on and he said he did not know and did not feel it was his place to ask Duncan what was going on but I could see the pain in his face and I could here his voice crack. I'm sorry but if it were my son I would ask what the heck was going on! If anyone seen this kid play last year they would be shocked. I am going to pull up his stats from last year and post them sometime this week.