Gordonsville @ Friendship Christian

croz6110

Can't attend the G-ville FCS game so I just called WUCZ to check and see (with high hope) if by some luck of the draw this game would be broadcast on FM. I thoughgt it would only be fair after last week the Tigers were on AM. During daylight saving time FCS starts all home games at 7:30 :blink: . Not good if you're a Tiger fan without internet. WUCZ management even went so far as to contact FCS and request an earlier start time because they felt it important to put the Tigers on FM this week. FCS refused. WUCZ airs a show after games from TRN I believe and can't delay it. So much for the Tiger fans that can't make this trip, if you have internet service you can find the live stream of it according to management .. next two weeks it's FM baby !!!! :D

BluBellz......The Tigers were on AM because they were home...and SC was away. Usually the away team is on FM. Hey, I have an idea, why don't Gordonsville's radio station carry the game :D .... Sorry couldn't help myself... :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42-6 Friendship final.

This was about as disappointing of a high school football game that I have seen in a long time.

Tackling was poor, sportsmanship was poor, and overall effort was poor.

Gville got the ball first and was getting 5-10 yards every play and then they stalled. I don't know if it was missed assignments or what.

Then FC got the ball and the game was over.

If I was the coach, they'd be running tackling and pursuit drills til they puked and I would start tomorrow.

Several times, FC's runners ran back and forth across the field breaking tackles. They'd run 100 yards to get 50.

After FC got up, it almost seems Gville quit especially on defense.

And, it was embarrassing when our flag wavers ran out onto the field at the end of the 3rd quarter losing 42-6.

Gville is way better than they were tonight. They definitely need to use this as a model for how not to play a game of football. It's not going to get any easier, and I know they can do better than they did tonight.

They need to move on to next week with a completely different attitude.