Gordonsville @ Friendship Christian

croz6110

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give it up to FCS, thats a good football team. We made lots of mistakes on missed tackles but overall they just whipped our butt on both sides of the ball. Number 21 on defense is a ballplayer and the QB and both running backs are very good as well. You guys should have a great season ! I hope the tigers can put this game behind them and dig a little deeper because it doesnt get any easier next week against them jackets. These early tests should help us later in the year, im still a believer this team will get it going soon.

I gotta give it up to FCS, thats a good football team. We made lots of mistakes on missed tackles but overall they just whipped our butt on both sides of the ball. Number 21 on defense is a ballplayer and the QB and both running backs are very good as well. You guys should have a great season ! I hope the tigers can put this game behind them and dig a little deeper because it doesnt get any easier next week against them jackets. These early tests should help us later in the year, im still a believer this team will get it going soon.

I'm with you. I think this team can be very good this year, but they have to stick it out these first games and learn from them.

Croz, I believe that the young Tigers will be fine this season. Your team has talent and I have stated in previous posts how much I respect the ability of the coaches at Gordonsville. I would not be a bit surprised to see TC win this next game and then G-Ville win 7 in a row heading into the playoffs. I understand that Watertown, Clay Co., and Monterey are still on the schedule, but I belive that the team will only get better throughout the year and will be battle tested when those games arrive. Best of luck the rest of the season and I would like nothing more than to see the Tigers win some hardware in the 1A playoffs.

Gville scored right b4 the halftime. Tigers left their game at home tonight. Sooooo many missed tackles. As for the personal fouls. What can we say. It happens every year. The commodes just bring out the ugly in the Tigers. It wasn't purty. Tigers looked lost most of the game.

The tackling was the worst thing.

So many times Maasen was hit in the backfield only to get away and get a 20+ yard gain.

The Maasen kid don't go down easy! He never has & never will, that's just Lee :thumb::thumb: He has been that way since grade school.

Croz, I believe that the young Tigers will be fine this season. Your team has talent and I have stated in previous posts how much I respect the ability of the coaches at Gordonsville. I would not be a bit surprised to see TC win this next game and then G-Ville win 7 in a row heading into the playoffs. I understand that Watertown, Clay Co., and Monterey are still on the schedule, but I belive that the team will only get better throughout the year and will be battle tested when those games arrive. Best of luck the rest of the season and I would like nothing more than to see the Tigers win some hardware in the 1A playoffs.

I believe you're right.

Ever since the first time I saw the schedule, I thought they would start 0-3 and finish 7-3.

They can take these first three games and improve immensely.

They're are still young compared to other teams in the region, so they will only get better.

Gville scored right b4 the halftime. Tigers left their game at home tonight. Sooooo many missed tackles. As for the personal fouls. What can we say. It happens every year. The commodes just bring out the ugly in the Tigers. It wasn't purty. Tigers looked lost most of the game.

The tackling was the worst thing.

So many times Maasen was hit in the backfield only to get away and get a 20+ yard gain.

The Maasen kid don't go down easy! He never has & never will, that's just Lee :thumb::thumb: He has been that way since grade school.

He wasn't the only one that Gville had trouble tackling.

Oh Termie dear, I spoke with Dennis about the FM-AM thing before posting, :oops: with all the changes in districts etc the away games being on FM is no longer a given. Previous seasons the when one school played on the home field the other school was away, this is no longer the case or so I was told, I haven't checked. I did catch the Gordonville game online with streaming live broadcast and it has better sound quality than FM even so, wherever the Tigers are coming from AM or FM, it's all good :oops: !! I do think your idea of creating a radio station in Tigertown is an wuuuunnnndeful idea, call letters could be WBLU and the station could be on Marshall Ave. lol

Well, Blubelz that's got to be another 1st. Dear and Termite used in the same sentence. A radio station in kittytown with WBLU as the call sign?? I agree, good idea. You can find it on your radio dial at 0 4 11. I suggest you put it on Maynord Parkway. He has to have a street named after him over there. He has owned G-ville since he has been at SC. :thumb::thumb:

Sorry Blubelz.....sometimes I just can't help myself.