Cosby vs Hampton

dogbreath

Apparently sarcasm is completely wasted on you. No one is giving up on the boys. If you hadn't noticed 12 and 13 year old boys (ATHLETES) look a lil' different in FL. Heck they even grow em different in Blount and sorrounding counties. Its a good thing they've got you to rely on. Those kids would never make it w/o you. You sound as if you have a problem w/ the strength coach at Cosby. I wouldn't make that public knowledge. :D You can't make kids fully dedicate themselves, and around here that is some of the problem. We are also not a fortunate area when it comes to complete parental support. Parents (mostly Mommas) don't understand why kids need to spend so much time on their sport. A lot of other areas have kids lined up 3 deep at each position. We feel lucky when we can fill each position even if its w/ the same players both ways. I've seen you on these boards a few times. Its obvious you're bitter at this area. Suck it up, and go on to train your superstars. Best of Luck! B)

A problem with DS? Why in the world would I? I talked to him last week matter of fact, he is enjoying the fact that he is with Cosby, but is very frustrated at the whole county picture. It's Cocke County as a whole that has the problem! You may think I am bitter, but Im not. Lets see I go from the NFL to Newport... get asked to leave because I gave 2 s - - ts about the kids and now you have an ex-Marine trying to make a difference and even his stuff is limited. WE TRY TO HELP AND THE COACHES PUSH US AWAY! Bitter is not what I am feeling, more of a Ron White "You can't fix stupid" attitude... remember you have kids with talents up there (AND YES YOU DO HAVE TALENT) and you ruin their athletic experiences if you do not push them to the max... both on and off the field. Cosby is a whole lot better than the other school by far. I see schools down here that make kids pay to play... thats right $125 to step on the practice field and if they quit, you do not see a refund. There are worse situations everwhere and Cosby has it better than some. BTW- I paid $200 last year for a banner at Cosby, so if I was against everything, then why support them? So since you know me, sir- anytime you want a conversation, I'm sure you know how to contact me.

No, I don't know you personally. And its obvious you don't know who I am either, "SIR". B) I can assure you the Cosby coaching staff is not trying to push out DS. They love that guy. And Cosby's football staff is not who pushed you out. But I have seen you on here dogging the HC and the OC. Yes we have some talent up here, but you missed my point about dedication and support. You were in this area. You tell me how important football is to the majority of this community? I apologize if my efforts to stick up for Cosby football are a little overzealous, but its been close to my heart since the dawn of the program. The current coaching staff has done more for the program than in the history of Eagle football. I like to stick up for em when I can.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pujo, I was just reading the soaps here and wanted to congragulate your boy on a great game. I heard after I left to take some boys home that Little man lit somebody up.

Thanks, I was really proud of the whole team. Great bunch of kids who come to work every day.Really proud of you for taking time to care for these kids. Not many are willing to go the extra mile.

No, I don't know you personally. And its obvious you don't know who I am either, "SIR". :D I can assure you the Cosby coaching staff is not trying to push out DS. They love that guy. And Cosby's football staff is not who pushed you out. But I have seen you on here dogging the HC and the OC. Yes we have some talent up here, but you missed my point about dedication and support. You were in this area. You tell me how important football is to the majority of this community? I apologize if my efforts to stick up Cosby football are a little overzealous, but its been close to my heart since the dawn of the program. The current coaching staff has done more for the program than in the history of Eagle football. I like to stick up for em when I can.

I would love for you to personally show me where I have bashed Shelton and Hall. I took up for them last year on a post and even made the comment that they held their players to a higher standard than the "other" school with having their kids go to the UT strength & conditioning conference and also having 4 coaches attend that same seminar! I am not down on Cosby at all... but if your going to use "youth" as an example... thats not fair to the kids. Everyone battles that and I'm sure Hampton or whomever will be a rough contest, but you play with what you have and you have to have those kids ready and strong. I know about the limitations up there and I will apologize if some of my sarcasm or comments seemed rude... because that was not the intent. DS is doing the best job he can and I only hope that people in the area will appreciate him and USE his servises because if every kid was on board with DS, for the full off-season.. then you could not only put Cosby in the conference championship picture, you put them in the state picture.... but until some of these parents get their minds right and understand what it takes in todays athletics, then all of that stuff is just a dream. even though Cosby is 0-2 and basically looking at a rough Friday this week, doesn't mean the season is over. It will be a long season and despite what happens on Friday, if Cosby keeps working and training, they will be alright and there at the end. I guess when I saw "barely alive" in the one post it made me think, wait a minute... but if everyone works and continues under DS, Im telling you that they will be fine.

Hey Pujo, I was just reading the soaps here and wanted to congragulate your boy on a great game. I heard after I left to take some boys home that Little man lit somebody up.

Thanks, I was really proud of the whole team. Great bunch of kids who come to work every day.Really proud of you for taking time to care for these kids. Not many are willing to go the extra mile.

The future they are. I enjoy the heck out of them. Can't wait till they get older. It will be fun to watch them. Hope they stay together, but you never know.

No, I don't know you personally. And its obvious you don't know who I am either, "SIR". :popcorneater: I can assure you the Cosby coaching staff is not trying to push out DS. They love that guy. And Cosby's football staff is not who pushed you out. But I have seen you on here dogging the HC and the OC. Yes we have some talent up here, but you missed my point about dedication and support. You were in this area. You tell me how important football is to the majority of this community? I apologize if my efforts to stick up Cosby football are a little overzealous, but its been close to my heart since the dawn of the program. The current coaching staff has done more for the program than in the history of Eagle football. I like to stick up for em when I can.

I would love for you to personally show me where I have bashed Shelton and Hall. I took up for them last year on a post and even made the comment that they held their players to a higher standard than the "other" school with having their kids go to the UT strength & conditioning conference and also having 4 coaches attend that same seminar! I am not down on Cosby at all... but if your going to use "youth" as an example... thats not fair to the kids. Everyone battles that and I'm sure Hampton or whomever will be a rough contest, but you play with what you have and you have to have those kids ready and strong. I know about the limitations up there and I will apologize if some of my sarcasm or comments seemed rude... because that was not the intent. DS is doing the best job he can and I only hope that people in the area will appreciate him and USE his servises because if every kid was on board with DS, for the full off-season.. then you could not only put Cosby in the conference championship picture, you put them in the state picture.... but until some of these parents get their minds right and understand what it takes in todays athletics, then all of that stuff is just a dream. even though Cosby is 0-2 and basically looking at a rough Friday this week, doesn't mean the season is over. It will be a long season and despite what happens on Friday, if Cosby keeps working and training, they will be alright and there at the end. I guess when I saw "barely alive" in the one post it made me think, wait a minute... but if everyone works and continues under DS, Im telling you that they will be fine.

I must apologize. I did some research and found that I had gotten some of smhs07's comments or somethin like that mixed up w/ yours. (Its been a while since I read that. :blush: ) So when you replied to Shelton earlier I automatically assumed you were trashin him. But you are basically arguing the same arguement I am. I never said this area did not have or could not produce talent. My problem is with the lack of community support. And like I said, a lot of parents (not all) will never be willing to sacrifice enough for their children to be superior athletes. Its not for lack of dedication or care or concern on the coaching staffs part. You can only "Develop" players who want to be developed and whose parents will allow it. Sorry again, but there are a few guys on that coaching staff I get a lil' riled up over. :roflolk:

I learned a lesson a few years ago that not everyone who posts intelligently on coacht is a guy. You go Amanda! :roflolk:

I'm not sure that most of what I post can be classified as intelligent. It usually comes from the gut and the heart instead of my head. We'll see you in a month or so old king. You may not recognize me. I'll be the one that looks like i'm hiding a beach ball under a Cosby shirt. :popcorneater:

I learned a lesson a few years ago that not everyone who posts intelligently on coacht is a guy. You go Amanda! :roflolk:

I'm not sure that most of what I post can be classified as intelligent. It usually comes from the gut and the heart instead of my head. We'll see you in a month or so old king. You may not recognize me. I'll be the one that looks like i'm hiding a beach ball under a Cosby shirt. :popcorneater:

Shame on you SIR,lol. Hope all goes well.

Still wondering how many starters you lost.

Shame on you SIR,lol. Hope all goes well.

Still wondering how many starters you lost.

I can't give you an exact # but just a top of the head answer, (and it might not be 100% accurate either) C, QB, RB, TE couple of recievers, most of O line. Our QB played a lil at safety, lost huge MLB, lost w and s back too. DE, most of D line.

Does that give you some idea? It may not have been a huge number of SR's we graduated, but the majority of em played offense, defense, and special teams.

Cosby has indeed lost alot. Cloudland lost over 3000 yards of total offense from last year. Yes, we are back to basic Cloudland football, but we can't afford to get behind because we are now a grind it out offense. Defensively, I think we'll keep improving. I don't mean to be discouraging to anyone from Cosby, but as long as Mike Lunsford is the head of the Hampton dragon, its gonna be hard for any of our teams to knock them off. I feel like Coach Shelton comes the closest to matching his motivation skill. If the parents will leave him alone, I feel like Cosby's powerhouse days are coming. IF.......they leave him alone :thumb: