Blackman vs Smyrna

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rezoning...

Here it is....

http://www.rcs.k12.tn.us/rc/rcs_new/New ... oning.html

That and the fact Gill and Shad are OLD friends you wind up with the fact that Smyrna will now find out what has been happening to LaVergne for years. Would Gill do it? In a heartbeat! Y'all forget I went to school with him and know him well. The only thing I have not figured out is, how much and who is providing the money.

There are some things in the world that are hard to figure out, then there is football in Rutherford County. :bored:

Like I said at the beginning of the year there are three coaches on the bubble in Rutherford County this year, and neither of these teams are on that list.

come on... blackman was an open zone this year... convenient i know but i hate this argument... Anytime someone wins they must have recruited... It's been around since Rankin coached at riverdale... did he recruit who knows? I don't care, he was a good coach they had good teams...

And please tell me how you succesfully recruit a high school program who has 2 postseason appearances and has won 11 games the last 4 years, when there is a defending state champion, a back to back state champion, and one of the most storied programs in the state?

Accept that Blackman has talent and Shad has put it to good use!

and the r'dale recruiting girls b'ball thing is crap... I'm from Blackman, I'll say it, maybe we turned em in maybe we didn't but it was a weak circumstantial recruiting...

So it'd greatly be appreciated if everyone would stop mudslinging Blackman and just play football! besides i thought we hadn't played anyone good yet... seems like a bunch of people are mighty scared.

Oakland is the smallest school in the county with plenty of room for growth. Yet, Blackman is open-zoned to relieve over-crowding? That is insane. Now I KNOW why Shad left MTCS.

2p it's my understanding that the main purpose of the rezoning was the academic issues of the county... BHS was opened due to our Pacesetter top 50 award (or somethin like that) in order to give parents a choice on the academic front... I understand that BHS has a freshman class of nearly 800... its crazy! I'm glad I got out of there last year... :bored:

except for the football that is

Now I understand some of the recruiting talk. One of the starting is a Riverdale transfer according to today's DNJ. Interesting. You can bet after the Blackman girls basketball coach turning in Riverdale's girls that Riverdale will be closely watching things in all areas.

We call that CHEATING where I come from. Good luck Smyrna win it out right.

I don't call people cheaters when I don't know all the facts. In fact I don't accuse anyone of anything until it becomes apparent through some entity more powerful than me.

We call that classless. And you should represent yourself and your respective school better than this.

So please just leave the rule enforcing to those who are here to do that... this isn't anarchy... :bored:

CHEATING, REALLY, RECRUITING, REALLY, OMG, breaking news flash, Parents may want their kids to go to Blackman... this may result in Blackman getting a football player... posters on coach T have figured this out!!! Haters in Rutherford are freaking out while trying to put the pieces together. Blackman has a coach that knows what down and distance means, and comes to work everyday fired up and excited about his job. Money coming in from the stimulus package. Whats next... stay tuned! Blackman may take over the world and send a maned rocket to mars.

Wait, this just in "Smyrna man just saw Bigfoot", oh my bad it was just Elvis or an alien not sure.

Like I told OP friday night, put the hateraide back in the bottle and put the bottle back in the fridge. Last time I checked the games are played on the field and not on computer screens. Besides you guys had no problem with Blackman when you knew you had a W coming and all the speculation makes it look like your panicking. IT'S SCANDALOUS!

We are Blackman!

I really hate that this one is the same night as the Oakland Siegel game. I would like to see this one. You can bet there will be some licks laid and some cheap shots. Just hope there won't be any of the garbage that goes on b/t Smyrna and Lavergne off the field or should I say TO their fields, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Speaking of Smyrna athletic property being vandalized, when will there be arrests in the incident that happened about 3 months ago that appeared to be a senior prank by their own? Murder cases have been solved faster. When will we see the perps mugshots on the 10 p.m. news and in the DNJ? What seems to be the holdup?

you're hangin on to that one with a vengence aren't you. don't want to let that one go. they know who did it. just not enough proof to do anything about it.

Hey guys, recruiting goes on EVERYWHERE!!! Did it go on at RHS when Rankin was there? Yes! Did it go on at Smyrna when Shad was there? Yes! Does it go on at Siegel and OHS? You bet! Did it go on at Blackman when it first opened? Oh yeah!!! :bored: and it probably goes on today as well.

The fact is it happens, GET OVER IT!!! If a kid wants to move out of one zone so he can go play across town, then who cares! And Im not just talking about football either, name a sport and this type of stuff happens. The fact is they still have got to line up and play the game no matter what color jersey they are wearing.

Recruiting or no recruiting, it should be a fun night at Blackman Friday. Mrs. Vick said Friday night they are expecting one of the largest crowds ever over there.Even larger than the BHS vs RHS crowd in '01! That should be one heck of an atmosphere. All I can say is get there early!

I think Blackman probably wins, but it wont be easy!

BHS 21

SMS 17

:roflol:

i have seen blackman scrimmage and they are decent they have pretty good athletes in #7 and #2 the scrimmage was a tie but BGA had several drives were they drove down and had their young QB make mistakes. its to early to tell if blackman is powerhouse they have only played tullhoma and Lincoln co. and everyone knows these teams are not good. its going to be a good game i think bryson has a break out game and smyrna wins 17-13

Recruiting has happened forever. I am sure at some point in time that every program has had a kid persuaded to attend thier school for some reason or another; to play on a certain team or with a certain coach. If a team is coached correctly and the players do thier job then one player from an opposing team should not be much of a factor in the outcome. I am a bulldog fan and will be until i eat the big chicken dinner. I say good for Blackman. I also know some kids on the Blackman team and have watched them suffer through atleast four years of disappointment with the former coaching staff. They are talented and good kids and deserve to have some success. Just not this Friday night. Otherwise win all you can and get all the players you can. Private schools recruit openly and nothing is done about it. As long as the kid is legitimately passing all of his or her classes who cares what school they attend. Go Dawges.