MILLINGTON TROJANS LEARN AN MOVE ON

dou

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully understand that we just played two of the best teams in this area. The problem is we did not look good doing it. When you have missed blocking schemes, missed tackles, miss reads, letting the receivers get behind you, fumbles, that type of thing goes beyond the kids. I felt we did have a better effort on the boys part. You cant run the same 4 or 5 plays over and over again & hope we get lucky and break one.....we dont have the speed. Just because something worked in the past doesnt mean you have the personnell to make it work all the time. Everyone is trying to look past these two games to get to easier playing grounds....we may be in for a suprise..I truly hope not.

Our Trojans were set up for failure by our Coaches: meaning putting 2 TOUGH teams first in line back to back: not just physically put as someone posted earlier psychologically which is sometimes more important. MUS and OB 3 yrs ago Trojans would have never thought about stepping on the field with those guys. Trojans took the field at MUS and OB took our field last night knowing that both teams are known nationally for their records and players. Our boys showed courage and fight. MUS and OB are coached by men who spend all summer training themselves and then taking that knowledge and putting it on the playing field. Those boys showed they were well coached. Trojans for the most part are coached but only coached on what worked in prior years not looking at their current talent and working the coaching around that. Our boys are good. The talent is there that has been proven by the Metro Coaches and 9th grade coaches. Starting next week we are back into our regions and will see how we match up. Our test was not MUS or OB our test will be how we fair in our region. Be proud that Our Trojans showed that they do have pride and took on those games for the ability to learn outside the box. That is more than our regional opponents have done so far this year. Now, let play some Trojan Football!!

Well said! You have to realize that we have just played two of the toughest opponents around. As we get ready to enter league play I think you'll see that we still have a solid football team. I thoroughly expect us to win the Region. While these losses don't look good on paper, I think somewhere down the road we realize benefits from competeting against these two outstanding teams.

I have to believe tha t these first two games will help us in the playoffs or later this year. We are banged up and have been playing without 3 to 4 starters. We will ge t healthy. I fully expect us to go undfeated in region play, and get better every week. TROJAN PRIDE!!!!

"LETS GO TROJANS" :popcorneater:

Regardless of what has happened so far, we will find out about this Trojan team this week. Will they be able to handle Bartlett? Bartlett had Brighton in check this past Friday night and let them off the hook.

Will the Trojans be looking ahead to the M & M Bowl vs Munford the following week? What will be the mental attitude of this team after being smacked around for the past two weeks? This Friday night will determine what will happen the rest of the season. Millington can come out and take care of business and right their ship or not. It's up to the players and coaches to get everything in place and be ready to go from opening kickoff to the final gun. If not, this could be a long season. I don't quite have a handle on this team yet but I will after Friday night.

Well...we sure better not be looking ahead to Munford. We've got to take care of business Friday night. How we play against Bartlett will tell us a great deal about how high our expectations can be for the season. I can't help but believe now that as we now meet "normal competetion" as opposed to out first two opponents, our coaches and players will get the job done and 1. win the region

2. make a run in the playoffs

As for Munford, our guys don't need to give them a thought NOW! They should be very little competetion for us. F.Ware is pathetic, and Covington has a significant amount of problems if what I'm hearing from the Charger community is correct. Right now, our concern and only concern is Bartlett! Take care of business Friday and then we'll turn our attention to the folks up the road. GOOD LUCK TROJANS!

I agree with markh, this fridays game is critical. If we win handily without a lot of mistakes, it will show we were way out of our league the past two weeks. If we struggle, we have a bigger problem to deal with down the road.

I dont think strength of schedule will matter much with the margin we got beat by. I think strength of schedule is more for rankings and playoffs.

A lot will be revealed this friday night against bartlett.

Well said! You have to realize that we have just played two of the toughest opponents around. As we get ready to enter league play I think you'll see that we still have a solid football team. I thoroughly expect us to win the Region. While these losses don't look good on paper, I think somewhere down the road we realize benefits from competeting against these two outstanding teams.

I think we will realize down the road not to schedule two teams like those back to back at the first of the year. A lot of the kids are pretty demoralized. They have not been beat like that before. We will need a Houston Nutt type coach to get these kids confidence level back up (can anyone get him for a pregame pep talk?!?!?!) I personally would never play teams that RECRUIT players as heavily as they do. Millington Trojans can be extremely proud in the fact that we play what we have in our district!!

Oh yeah, dont we do this again next year? Isnt the bridges classic a two year deal?

As far as the Bridges deal goes, yes and no. Scheduling is done on a two year basis for most high school football teams. Every now and then you might have a game that is just a one year thing but that is highly unlikely due to the fact that you would have to find someone else for that next year because everyone else is locked into two year deals.

Normally in the Bridges Kickoff Classic, you wouldn't play the same team two years in a row. However, it doesn't look like we have much choice for next year. We already play CBHS during the year and so does MUS. Otherwise we could match up with Melrose. So we will open up again vs MUS next year.

No one can deny that our league isn't as strong as we would have liked it to be. Otherwise we wouldn't had to go out and schedule MUS, Olive Branch & CBHS.

Millington vs. Bartlett

Is Bartlett the sames team they have been the last few years? Do they have any Players? What offense will they run this year? We know they be in 3-5 defense but so much we don't know.

Millington is not the team of the last few years. Will they get players healthy for this week? Will TG be healthy and back to normal? Will #7 feel well enough to play the entire game?

Bartlett is 5A and Millington is 6A in the same region. Great job TSSAA, once again your reclassification strategy proves why you guys make the "Big Bucks".

Millington needs to win this game but even if not they only have to win 2 of 3 against Bolton,Cordova, and Arlington to make the playoffs.

Bartlett needs not to win this game either only they need to beat Raleigh Egypt or Craigmont to qualify for the playoffs. Why are these teams even in the same region/District/Zone/Pod/.......... whatever i am getting a headache.