Mckenzie vs. Dresden

titansfan73

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing gauranteed in life is death, taxes, and a lawyer ripping you off at some point.

Go Lions! You can play with any team that steps foot in theLion's Den. The big uns in Dresden along with the many little ones have HUGE hearts and will leave it all on the field on Friday. Dresden will play with the #3 ranked big boys. Should be a very close game. God bless and protect both teams. May

the best overall TEAM win.

Don't guess I'd go so far as 49-14 Rebels but, I do think the Rebs can pull this one out especially if everyone is on line to play. Huge lines are good.......for 2 quarters and they are nothing new to the Rebels either. Then speed and heart take over. I do see the Rebels on top in this one and nothing meant negative to the Lions by saying so!!!

We've gone up against 2 fine teams and are 1-1 and should be 2-0. This won't be a cherry coming to the Lions Den Friday. We kinda like "on the road" too.

This is the obviously the major game for both teams. I've seen both teams play once and think this will be a fairly even match up.

Dresden started off slow against a somewhat un talented (in my opinion) greenfield team. Granted that it could be the first game jitters and lets hope so for the lions. If they come out and play as they did against greenfield this friday it will probally be over with at the half.

McKenzie vs. westview game was basically a sloppy game through out(for westview) . I'll tilt my hat to the rebels, but really anyone who was at the game could tell you that westview basically did everything they could to shoot themselves in the feet. That being said, Mckensie is a decent team in comparision to past years while dresden is def an up team compared to the past these teams have played.

This is really true for all football games and i hate saying it will be the difference maker because it usually is but in this game more than any the turn over ratio will determine this game.

I'm not calling a winner, i'm not calling a score (however i expect it in the lower 20's or teens), but i'd assume that the winner in the turn over cat. will have more ticks on the big board at the end of the game.

We too along with the Lions will lay it all the field. We have yet to put together a complete game as far as the potential of talent we have. The defense is strong and the offense is getting there. I believe when it all gels, we will have a top 5 2A team in the state, just not there yet. A few injuries have keep the O down a little but we are getting close to being healthy. Pretty much played the WV game with our 3rd back all of the second half and did very well. That score was no indication of the potential we have. We too did alot of stupid mistakes also that aren't typical Rebel football. Jake is better and Quinton has been running hard all week so the threat is a coming. Got Jace back on D which will improve the linebacker core so overall I think we can play with anybody. All Rebel fans know by now that we are a second half team, always have been and always will be. Conditioning goes a long way high school football and we are as good in that category as any around here. Just be prepared to go all 4 quarters, if not it will be long night. Hope for no injuries from either side and let the boys play.

Dresen can't be THAT MUCH better than last year. They had big boys on their team last year and they still went 0-10. Luckily, this season they started out with a down Greenfield team and a majorly down Trenton team! Congrats to Dresden being 2-0 to start off, but McKenzie is ALOT better than Trenton or Greenfield. volfan007, I don't want to hear about the size difference in the schools. McKenzie can/will use it's speed to get outside and it'll be off to the races for the Rebels. I honestly don't see this being a close game. If McKenzie tries to pound it up the middle all night it could be a 28 point game instead of a 35.

Volfan007, So Your Picking Dresden For What Reason? Other Than Not Liking Mckenzie? I Really Don't Care Which Either. I'm Just Wanting To Know Is It Based On Bias Or Ignorance. Mckenzie Will Roll over Dresden As It Has Over The Beloved YellowJackets.

I know that McKenzie has ran all over Dresden in the past when my boy played. But I would like to see Dresden come out on top. So all I will say in this one is good luck to both teams. :roflol::twisted:

Come on Pioneer and Butchie.Show Volfan some love..As I've said many times.I personally like Lake Co playing these teams.I'm sure there are some in Lake Co that doesn't.I have no idea where the cutoff should be to make everyone happy unless they went with several more classifications.But I see where Volfan is coming from.Humboldt and McKenzie with close to 500 students..Humboldt is probably smaller but just something I'm throwing out.Now.Take Greenfield with around 160 to 170 students.Close to 300 more students is a lot to choose from.Lake Co and Greenfield schools combined would be pretty close to either of those schools enrollments.I know it's 11 on 11 in football and 5 on 5 in basketball but combine Lake Co and Greenfield and I'll bet Vol Fan would like the odds a lot better.Put Russell Avery and Channin Geanes in with Greenfield in basketball..Put Dominic Kimble and Carlos Young on their football or basketball teams or put T.T.Flowers and Carnation Hart and maybe Renita Kinney in with Jordan Gailey and some of the other Greenfield girls basketball..I would like the team a lot better.But we have to play the hand dealt so no use worring about it.But I do see his point.!

McKenzie will pull away in the second half just b/c of the size of the big Lions. That is alot of load to carry. How deep is Dresden?

I agree with you 100% with no dog in this fight, i don't see Dresden going the full 48 minutes with out giving out. These kids are throwing around a lot of weight to be that young. I learned a long time ago you can not teach speed! Nothing against Dreden i 'm not giving a score but i think Mckenzie wins by 14 or more! Good luck to both teams! :twisted: