Elizabethton @ Happy Valley Week 2

This is certainly a game the Cyclones cannot overlook. Happy Valley is coming off a solid win and playing at home against an in county rival that they would love to beat. The Warriors have a good quarterback, two nice running backs, and a good receiver. The Cyclones are also loaded at the skill positions. This one will be won or lost on the line of scrimmage. If the Cyclone lines come to play, I like Elizabethton's chances. Betsy needs to put the Warriors away early. If they let Happy Valley stay close, it may get scary late. I will say the Cyclones win......41-21. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

I will quote myself...LoL! The final was 41-13, so I was close. Elizabethton gave the Warriors one touchdown on a muffed punt and the other one was a result of an unsportmanlike conduct penalty that gave the Warriors another chance to punch it in. The Cyclone offense was just ok in this game, but the Cyclone defense stuffed the Warriors all night. About all the Warrior fans had to cheer about were first downs by penalty and the outstanding defensive effort of former Cyclone Nick Jenkins, who had an outstanding game from his linebacker position.The Warrior's passing game was bad and their running backs never got loose. The Cyclone defensive line was outstanding. Elizabethton is very good, but will have to cut down on the penalties and unforced turnovers to beat Greeneville. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton rolled over Happy Valley. Was never much of a game. HV shouldnt have even had as many points as they did. Total butt whooping.

BUt I did see a couple things that scare me. The Cyclones HAVE to start holding onto the football. When we run into stiff competition down the road, those turnovers will come back and bite us.

Good Luck to the Cyclones and Warriors through the rest of the season!!!

Elizabethton rolled over Happy Valley. Was never much of a game. HV shouldnt have even had as many points as they did. Total butt whooping.

BUt I did see a couple things that scare me. The Cyclones HAVE to start holding onto the football. When we run into stiff competition down the road, those turnovers will come back and bite us.

Good Luck to the Cyclones and Warriors through the rest of the season!!!

I agree imavol10 but one thing i have noticed about this cyclone team is they dont panic and they are playing as a team.Keep up the good work betsy.

Who is Betsy? I recall HV asking on there sign! Well I guess you all found out tonight and was left no doubt of who Besty is,was and always will be to the Warriors! Hope you all didnt buy alot of gun powder for your cannon!LOL Not even a close game should have been 52-0 but we gave gifts to you all!Next time dont fear the blow up helmet,fear the guys wearing the real ones! :lol:

Go Cyclones!!!

Who is Betsy? I recall HV asking on there sign! Well I guess you all found out tonight and was left no doubt of who Besty is,was and always will be to the Warriors! Hope you all didnt buy alot of gun powder for your cannon!LOL Not even a close game should have been 52-0 but we gave gifts to you all!Next time dont fear the blow up helmet,fear the guys wearing the real ones! :lol:

Go Cyclones!!!

Were are the warriors fans awfull quite on this board tonight.I guess your out eating crow tonight.How does it taste.

new cyclone said

"i think that betsy can blow this thing wide open if the play like they are capiable of. They should come out with a chip on our shoulder due to the rumor that H.V. called and said not to bring the helment this week. It starts from the opening kick off thats when we need to hit them in the mouth and put it away early."

this one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. we don't want that waste of money on our field. the cyclones are overrated and had better be ready to play tonight.

Don't be hating. We saw which team was truly overrated tonight. We were ready to play but apparently you left your game in the locker room.

The cannon was cool though. I thought the game was done when we ran that fake punt. But like others have said, it should have been a shut out but penalties and some open field turnovers (the punt, and Thomas' "fumble" come to mind) gave HV a chance. Good game, BLNT.

Coachh17 wrote: I will quote myself...LoL! The final was 41-13, so I was close. Elizabethton gave the Warriors one touchdown on a muffed punt and the other one was a result of an unsportmanlike conduct penalty that gave the Warriors another chance to punch it in. The Cyclone offense was just ok in this game, but the Cyclone defense stuffed the Warriors all night. About all the Warrior fans had to cheer about were first downs by penalty and the outstanding defensive effort of former Cyclone Nick Jenkins, who had an outstanding game from his linebacker position.The Warrior's passing game was bad and their running backs never got loose. The Cyclone defensive line was outstanding. Elizabethton is very good, but will have to cut down on the penalties and unforced turnovers to beat Greeneville. Go Cyclones!!!!!![/quote

Happy Valley has to find an offense if they want to win any more games this year. Fleenor is a good quarterback i cant figure what is wrong right now. I agree with coachh17 about the outstanding effort of linebacker Nick Jenkins, he was VERY impressive on the field. Seems to really have a head for the game. I'm not sure what that says about HV when there best effort came from a Senior transfer player who learned all he knows from being in the Elizabethton football program. Come on HV, get with it.

I will quote myself...LoL! The final was 41-13, so I was close. Elizabethton gave the Warriors one touchdown on a muffed punt and the other one was a result of an unsportmanlike conduct penalty that gave the Warriors another chance to punch it in. The Cyclone offense was just ok in this game, but the Cyclone defense stuffed the Warriors all night. About all the Warrior fans had to cheer about were first downs by penalty and the outstanding defensive effort of former Cyclone Nick Jenkins, who had an outstanding game from his linebacker position.The Warrior's passing game was bad and their running backs never got loose. The Cyclone defensive line was outstanding. Elizabethton is very good, but will have to cut down on the penalties and unforced turnovers to beat Greeneville. Go Cyclones!!!!!![/quote

Happy Valley has to find an offense if they want to win any more games this year. Fleenor is a good quarterback i cant figure what is wrong right now. I agree with coachh17 about the outstanding effort of linebacker Nick Jenkins, he was VERY impressive on the field. Seems to really have a head for the game. I'm not sure what that says about HV when there best effort came from a Senior transfer player who learned all he knows from being in the Elizabethton football program. Come on HV, get with it.

Finally a happy valley fan that knows what he is talking about and justme777 i think the problem is you have to many former EHS players as coaches.Maybe your offense will get it togather but they better start quick because they looked way out of sink last night.

I'm not so sure after seeing last nights game that HV can play in this league. I do agree that it says alot when HV's best player on the field learned how to play being in the Elizabethton program.

Good job Cyclones get back to work this week, Greeneville's coming to town and is probably the best team that you've played yet.