Powell @ Halls

TSpoon

Hey Powell better take a knee if someone from Halls gets hurt.

Is there some "hidden meaning" in this post?

Tspoon...this is in reference to a post "I" made commenting on a post "from another thread"...from a SC parent who was disappointed about a couple of things with the JV/Fresh game at Halls. I posted a comment back referring to the disappointment about Fridays game in regards to the "parents" in the stands from SC (which was the MAIN point) while a player was down who took a hit knocking his helmet off getting his eye cut while the parents yelled and screamed in the stands over the call. As alot of posts do, it went from one direction to another. Conversation continued between fsutandem and I who were able to straighten the meanings out on both sides and then it was over....until lil jna wanted to chime in to get something going on this thread...which looks like something that he/she does by looking at his other posts and by his commenting to this thread trying to refer to another thread...where its not of any significance. So, no big deal...fsutandem and I figured it all out and moved on...

Tspoon...now back to the main reason you started this thread (Halls/Powell) I think this will be a good game. Halls size is not there this year but they play tough. A couple of missed field goals last game and two delay of games due to the play not getting called in by the OC, and Halls should have won Friday night. If your attending, better come early because I'm sure the stands will be full with both sides of the north end of town!

The rumor going around at the Halls community park is that Halls lost their best young QB to Powell high school. Anybody know anything about that?

I heard the rumor was that this young man had decided to go to Oliver Springs.

Sneakpete and Reeder10....what age group is this young man in? As far as I know, all of our QB are present and accounted for. The only one we have out is our starting QB who as we all know is out due to his car accident. We have a fr/so/jr so unless it is a kid who is still playing at the community park, I can't help you out here. If I hear anything, will get back to you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor going around at the Halls community park is that Halls lost their best young QB to Powell high school. Anybody know anything about that?

You are likely hearing about a player who is now a freshman at Powell. How promising he is/was is a matter of some debate, especially since he's not starting now as the freshmen QB at Powell. Also, his parents never really intended for him to play at Halls. He played his 8th grade year for an Inskip super midgets team and his older brother attended and played baseball at Central.

I just talked to a friend who has a son on halls freshman team and knows the dad of the QB at Powell he is #4 he has been out for the last three weeks with a hurt back he could be back for the halls game. Diver do you know more info

I've heard that 4 was hurt. The Abba kid is starting right now. I think there was quite a battle between them until 4 was injured. Abba is a good QB. His older brother moved from QB to WR once Kier Houston came into his own.

Anybody know if Khan will be allowed to play this week? If so, I like Halls' chances.

I just talked to a friend who has a son on halls freshman team and knows the dad of the QB at Powell he is #4 he has been out for the last three weeks with a hurt back he could be back for the halls game. Diver do you know more info

I've heard that 4 was hurt. The Abba kid is starting right now. I think there was quite a battle between them until 4 was injured. Abba is a good QB. His older brother moved from QB to WR once Kier Houston came into his own.

Anybody know if Khan will be allowed to play this week? If so, I like Halls' chances.

Actually, the older Abba brother, Matt, moved to SS and played some receiver after Kenny Cruze moved to Powell and became the starting QB a couple of games in to his senior season. The older Abba had played behind Cody Watts up to that point.

The younger Abba does have a nice arm and has played well in freshmen/JV play so far this year, but the QB you are refererencing, Byrd, looked good in the pre-season, too, before being injured in the final scrimmage of the pre-season. He and Jordan Abba will likely be in the mix for the varsity QB spot next year or the year after.

I woke up this morning with a good feeling about tonight. We will beat Powell...in fact we will put a whipping on them , send them back down Emory Road, and make um thank us for the whipping!

I like the way you wake up in the mornings devilsden! Lets take us home a big ole Powell panther head, mount it on a big red devil pitchfork and hang it in the new field house! Good Luck Halls! Go snag you a kitty cat!