Ooltewah-Soddy daisy

bipbopzot

Austin East just about beat you guys and they are a 3A school. You guys aren't as good a you think let a little 3A school come into your house and about beat you and think this is the year come on don't make me laugh.

And Alcoa is a 2A school and I don't see you lining up to play them. Ask Marryville how a little 2A school plays. Classification defines the size of the pool not the quality of athletes. A-E was a very talented and fast team and matched up well against the Owls. We will see how SD matches up.

Go Owls

Here we go I guess you guys are ready to get rid of the coach now to. What does Alcoa got to do with this I know they could beat you guys why don't you guys line them up to play and Maryville. Cut some more cheese.

Do some research before you post. Top teams out of the Knoxville area every year Alcoa, Fulton, A-E, Knox Catholic in lower classifications. Check out the match up between Catholic and A-E last year. This A-E team is GOOD.... The Owls D won this game and once the O starts to click it will be lights out. :thumb: Go Owl's!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again I heard about this defense last year now this year who put 35 to 0 can you say Oakland. You guys are about average team. You Owl fans don't know what you guys are talking about week to week I like to get on here and see you guys fighting with one another you can get a good laugh out of your thread.

You sir - are dumb. How many of those points were due to our bad offense (or Oakland's great defense) and our horrific special teams in that game? Oh wait - you didn't watch the game - so you probably wouldn't know.

I'll answer it for you though - most.

If you honestly are questioning Ooltewahs defense then your opinion is worth crap dealing with any subject - even outside football. Offense is bad though. Bad probably doesn't even describe it at this point - terrible would better suit it. We'll surely do a bit better on offense this week going against SD - but they'll be able to score if we give them the same opportunities like we did AE since they have a kicker.

:thumb: Owls will win this game and every game in thier district,but will have thier hands full with Maplewood and maybe Franklin(I think the rebels are a mirror image of the owls at almost every position on offense).I don't know how many the owl's offense will score,nobody does..not fans,players or coach monroe.They(offense)are such a question mark: The BIGGEST "?" is the offensive line PERIOD!Great coaches,but not as much talent as years past.So,will the talk about Reed be because of no O-LINE? Monroe will never replace Reed at QB.The old saying goes"winning cures all",but,if owls do not at least get to the state finals,win or lose....the owl faithful will probably never will WIN ONE(STRICTLY MY OPINION). GO OWLS KILL SODDY!!!!

Do you think getting on here and pointing out the QB's mistakes, bad play, helps your team when probably every player reads it?

Helps? No. But neither would blind homerism and pretending things are all peachy and awesome. It's a message board. Shouldn't and doesn't matter either way. And if every player reads it then something is wrong there too.

We're hear to discuss football not hold a pep rally imo - we don't attack kids - but if someone doesn't play well I don't see why we would just ignore that fact. It's not like they're a bad person if they have a bad game, or career.

Yeah but do you think that makes him want to play better. I don't see a point in pointnig on every bad game or play the QB has or has had. Why not" had a bad game last night but things will get better." Yes we are here to talk about football but why can't we do it in a up beat kind of way. Why can't we encourage the kids to win and do better? So what if they have a bad game, they are still winning and I think that is all that matters. WIN!!!!!!! Well I am ready for some more football this week. I say Owls win by 10 or so.

Do you think getting on here and pointing out the QB's mistakes, bad play, helps your team when probably every player reads it?

I would say in a way it MIGHT, every other position on here get s pointed out as well BUT not as much because the QB position in a high profile spot and thats part of it. Receivers got pointed out last year cause they could nt run routes/catch everything and nobody said anything about the line cause they were good and have been good for the previous years. I m just tired of excuses for certain positions that have been a problem and not gotten any better in 3 yrs of play...........kinda gettin old if you know what i mean but it is what it is and Monroe is gonna put who he thinks will win the game on the field. There s a junior @ Ooltewah not playing that has a great arm and could help out the offense ALOT but chose to specify on another sport that i would to see come back and give it another shot. There s alot of kids wandering around the halls of Ooltewah not playing for some reason or another. Last year it was the rec's this year it s the line when does it ever end????

It will end when people realize that this is a team sport and not just ONE person playing on the field. It takes everyone on the field to make the offense and defense work. Its takes the defense to keep the other team from scoring in which they have done a great job. But it takes the O-line to block for the runners and QB so that they have TIME to do soemthing with the ball. It takes the receivers to catch the ball. It takes coaches to call the right plays. And it takes the fans to cheer them on no matter what goes on in the game. Not put them down every chance they get. Obviously the coaches see something in the QB or they would not have left him there for 3 years. I believe Benny knows what he is doing.

Here we go again I heard about this defense last year now this year who put 35 to 0 can you say Oakland. You guys are about average team. You Owl fans don't know what you guys are talking about week to week I like to get on here and see you guys fighting with one another you can get a good laugh out of your thread.

You sir - are dumb. How many of those points were due to our bad offense (or Oakland's great defense) and our horrific special teams in that game? Oh wait - you didn't watch the game - so you probably wouldn't know.

I'll answer it for you though - most.

If you honestly are questioning Ooltewahs defense then your opinion is worth crap dealing with any subject - even outside football. Offense is bad though. Bad probably doesn't even describe it at this point - terrible would better suit it. We'll surely do a bit better on offense this week going against SD - but they'll be able to score if we give them the same opportunities like we did AE since they have a kicker.

I was there watching the game. Is your special team not the same a defense come on. I went to the game before the Oakland game also. You people kill me.