Wartburg @ Oneida

banjo

Ok so I guess everyone is losing interest in these two teams. Why is this thread just now getting started. I know both teams are 0-2, but this is a district game. Will Wartburg shock the state with an upset Friday? Or will Oneida return to their dominate ways? I know both teams are disapointed with the start to the season, but its still young.

Right now I feel as if I am watching the 2005 Tennessee Volunteers at Wartburg, strong on defense & the offense can't get it done. Will this trend continue Friday or will the Offense get it in gear? Or will the defense let down?

What about Oneida fans, what is the reason your team is 0-2?

I will make my prediction later in the week.

Finally....the boys are back on the Reservation! Any idea how the Bullpups will fare? I know we haven't been exactly "Rockin'" it the first couple of weeks, but I sense the team will grow stronger as we go on. I've heard several "whinners" about the results posted so far.....all I'll say to them is, grab you a whistle and sign up for the job. You realize your never gonna make a mistake sitting up in the stands because you're perspective is way different than the guys actually calling the shots. Go through the whole list of 60 something plays and pick exactly the right one and have every player execute it to your satisfaction and don't account for what the defense may or may not be doing.....all in less than 10 seconds or risk getting a DOG (Delay Of Game). No....it isn't Rocket Science, but it is unquestionably loads easier in the seats. We have lost two games to two quality teams, by a total of 8 points..let a little air out people.

Now....how do we think this week is gonna go? Stay with us here, guys!

Kazzy

Kazam said that on another thread, Im just trying to keep all the threads together

Thanks, Banjeeto! This isn't the greatest week to draw the Tribe. My guess is Coach Brew is going to have them whipped into a frenzy, and their eyes fixed squarely on Wartburg. I don't think this one will be close because the Indians have more ammo in their guns. Their QB returns, so I would expect a little more polish in that area....although I heard some fine compliments made about the play of Freshman West. Plus, Mr. Lambert's Unit allowed 35 points last week.....you all know that ain't going to sit well with him! If the Indians play the way they are capable of doing, Wartburg might mistaken the Tribe as one of those powerhouses they used to face. Early Prediction:

Oneida - 41

Wartburg - 7

:roflol: Kazzy :twisted:

Banjo Picker, two very good posts! You must have gotten the same education at Wartburg that I got; after all, why else would we both be such effective writers? The best English department this side of the Ivy League!! :twisted: Seriously this COULD be a pretty good game, I only hope the dogs show up ready to play. Oneida folks, why so quiet? Where's my boy Kaz? Ric Flair?

Thanks, Banjeeto! This isn't the greatest week to draw the Tribe. My guess is Coach Brew is going to have them whipped into a frenzy, and their eyes fixed squarely on Wartburg. I don't think this one will be close because the Indians have more ammo in their guns. Their QB returns, so I would expect a little more polish in that area....although I heard some fine compliments made about the play of Freshman West. Plus, Mr. Lambert's Unit allowed 35 points last week.....you all know that ain't going to sit well with him! If the Indians play the way they are capable of doing, Wartburg might mistaken the Tribe as one of those powerhouses they used to face. Early Prediction:

Oneida - 41

Wartburg - 7

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Gosh I spoke too soon-I knew you were just waiting to pounce Kaz! Hey I have to say I don't think that the score will be quite as bad as you predict. I KNOW the tribe will be fired up, but this is an improved bulldog bunch with a good defense, especially against the run. But now if you boys decide to air it out, well, then I just don't know. The dogs have been vunerable against the pass, especially against Midway's really good reciever last week. So, I guess we'll just see what happens. Where's Flair? I thought he might have some of us Wartburg folks up to his mansion for filet mignon and a glass of the bubbly before the game!!

Good to hear from you SCW86......I know my score is a little lopsided, but you should see a group of young men "on the wapath" after two disappointing road trips. Coach Brew is looking for that inevitable first win....and he deserves it at this point. Oneida is not as dominant as they were last season, but they have the potential to be every bit as good by seasons end. Depends on the progression of the linemen and the maturity of the QB.

Flair just parties with the Ladies, I hear.....whooooo......then again, that's just his "Nature"! :thumb: I suppose with his vast millions......he could host a few of us!

:thumb: Kaz :wacko:

I think if the Bulldogs are struggling on offense, it might be a bad night. Oneida was without their starting DE and LB at DeKalb Co. who will be playing Friday. Also lost a key backup player so had to go with HIS backup. Shouldn't have that problem this week (We Hope) Also, give credit to DC. They had a very good offense. Wartburg might hold the Indians to 21 or 28 points but if yall's team is struggling on O, could be tough.

Man, we lost some key players prior to the start of the season and then had to deal with some minor injuries rght outa the gate. If the Indians can stay healthy, they will be very good. The improvement from the first week to last week was huge. Just got to stay focused.

I think if the Bulldogs are struggling on offense, it might be a bad night. Oneida was without their starting DE and LB at DeKalb Co. who will be playing Friday. Also lost a key backup player so had to go with HIS backup. Shouldn't have that problem this week (We Hope) Also, give credit to DC. They had a very good offense. Wartburg might hold the Indians to 21 or 28 points but if yall's team is struggling on O, could be tough.

Man, we lost some key players prior to the start of the season and then had to deal with some minor injuries right outa the gate. If the Indians can stay healthy, they will be very good. The improvement from the first week to last week was huge. Just got to stay focused.