Halls vs Webb

PowerSweep

Sweep man i told you webb would put up 40. I hope everyone stops underestimating us. I believe our D is top 3 in the state and our Offense is top 5. No team has scored A touchdown on our starters and the starting D has only given up around 6 first downs. After tonight i think webb proved that they are deff. top 3 in prep xtra. Also webb starters have yet to play 3 full quarters let alone a full game this team is way underrated and if you don't know how good webb is you will in 2 weeks!!! (Catholic)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiverCity... I'll start with defense. Actually even though Webb ran for big yardage tonight I think your defense played hard and gave good effort. They are pretty athletic but not quite as fast as they needed to be to slow Webb down. The biggest problem I saw was how susceptible they were to cut backs. They seemed to over pursue and get out of position. Also, I don't think they ever made any adjustments to try and slow Webb down.

On offense, the wing-t they run doesn't come close to how Webb runs it. Every one of Webb's backs, including the JV and freshmen who played, hit the holes quickly and make one quick cut upfield at the right time. Everything is in sync. Webb's line play, from an execution standpoint, is impressive. Halls backs did way too much stutter stepping and juking before hitting the hole. They also run too much laterally to the sidelines which played right into Webb's hands as they have very fast LBs and safeties who made plays.

MenOfX... I've got to hand it to you. Ya'll played a tremendous game tonight. Putting up 42 points was really surprising to me. Also, defensively everyone seems to be playing well right now as a unit. Ya'll really shut down Halls and made a statement. Like you said, in two weeks it's Catholic... Huge game for sure. They are strong as usual. If Webb has everyone healthy, it could be an interesting night for the Spartans.

Govolsknox... I could have never imagined that the "Mercy Rule" would have been invoked in the 3rd quarter like it was last night. I'm starting to believe that Webb is for real. They really seem to be coming together and in my opinion, the line has stepped up big-time this year. Every one of those guys except 1 or 2 had no varsity experience. Last night we played without a starting guard and defensive end, but the kids who stepped in... stepped up.

Offensively they are just very difficult to defend. All of their RBs can fly, so you really can't scheme to just stop one. The passing game is effective as well. They really haven't needed to throw much thus far, but when they have it has been very successful. The only area that needs work is to reduce the holding penalties. Now we all know holding can be called on most any play, but Webb has had too many of these and to this point it hasn't been a problem. This will need to be addressed as it will prove costly down the road.

Defensively, they have been unbelievable. Their starters have not allowed a score and limited Halls to around 50 total yards last night before the JV and Freshmen came in. Halls ended the game with about 100 total yards. D-line has gotten better every game. LBs are making plays all over the field. They are very fast and sure tacklers. Secondary is very solid. Both corners are playing tight coverage and the two safeties are very good football players who are good sized with very good speed.

I think most of the Webb faithful came away from the scrimmage against Clinton where Webb dominated them thinking that this team could be good. Your always kinda reserved about scrimmage results, but as it looks now. It was no fluke how Webb played that day against Clinton and instead was an indicator of how this team could really play.

Boys I hate to admit it but I think you can say we are cooked to a burned crisp right now. We absolutely stink and it dont look no better down the road. I cant believe them words are coming out of my mouth, but the truth needs to be spoke.

I could not believe my eyes when we let that little RB ruturn the kick 90= yards for a TD to start the game. Then what did my wondering eyes see, but Dinky Adams standing over on the sideline. If hes the answer for our wueful offense, we are in deep pooh-pooh.

Right now I dont know if we can win 2 games much less make the playoffs. To say the least it is gut check time for the fans, coaches, players,evrybody that has ever been a red devil. It use to be if you wont some, come get some. Right now I dont think we wont none and aint going to get none.

This porgram has gone south quicker then you can say Lame Kiffin is a idiot for running the football instead of tryin some type of play pass against UCLA>

Boys I hate to admit it but I think you can say we are cooked to a burned crisp right now. We absolutely stink and it dont look no better down the road. I cant believe them words are coming out of my mouth, but the truth needs to be spoke.

I could not believe my eyes when we let that little RB ruturn the kick 90= yards for a TD to start the game. Then what did my wondering eyes see, but Dinky Adams standing over on the sideline. If hes the answer for our wueful offense, we are in deep pooh-pooh.

Right now I dont know if we can win 2 games much less make the playoffs. To say the least it is gut check time for the fans, coaches, players,evrybody that has ever been a red devil. It use to be if you wont some, come get some. Right now I dont think we wont none and aint going to get none.

This porgram has gone south quicker then you can say Lame Kiffin is a idiot for running the football instead of tryin some type of play pass against UCLA>

To bad we are not still playing Region 3 4A, Halls could take some frustration out on the Rebels.

As a parent of a Halls Player, I am so disappointed in our season. I know we are better than 0-3. We should have beat Sevierville and Powell. My son has played ball since he was 4 years old and I've never ever blamed coaching for a loss or losing season. That being said, Coach J is a great defensive coach, but our offense leaves something to be desired. Coach Williams needs to be sitting in the press box, the sidelines, the stands or somewhere, but definately not calling the same plays over and over again. When we are 3rd and 9, why the heck do you call a 2-3 yard pass play not once in the game but over and over again. Am I the only one in the stands who sees this? If i sound like a disgruntled parent,(which I never thought I would be) maybe I'm becoming one. I'm not one of those parents that thinks their son is the next Heisman winner. I'm just really sick of losing because of stupid offensive mistakes. Can't wait to read your comments.

ljwm5767,

Try 0-4 not 0-3. I am not a parent of a player. I have never saw a team look so pitiful as what I have seen this year. Loose to Clinton in a not so close game, Sevier and Powell we had our chances but couldnt overcome coaching misstakes, and then Webb just completely dominates us and makes us look silly WITH FORMER COACHES AND PLAYERS WORKING AT WEBB. Why dont we try to hire some of those guys to come work at Halls. Waight a minute, we have former players hired at Halls. KJ, the little feller, Qualles, Hassel, Kilgore, Lane, etc. Maybe we ought to clean house and start over with an outsider?

Makes one wonder, some people are made to be coaches, some made to be bankers, some made to be sporting good people. Some coaches are made to be assist, some head coach's, and some just a little league coach...where do ours fit? The little un shore aint no offense wiziard, dont look like the oline can block anybody, rb coach cant get um to hit the hole and not dance around all night, rec coach cant get um to block, dl cant get off no block and make plays, lb are average at best (think KJ coach's them and they ought to be much better), db are ok but they would be much better if Mr. Duff would step in and help with them. Speaking of Mr. Coach Duff, what is hes take on how the team is going. Being a old coach I bet he is getting many questions about the program and I bet he dont put it with it much longer, specially after this past spring. :roflol:

I asked Powersweep for his outsider's insights on here a couple of days ago. Interestingly, he pointed out some of the same things Halls folks have identified, namely the tendency of the RB's to stutter step and generally not run the wing T like it's supposed to be run. Some of that is a personnel problem, but it's primarily a coaching problem. So if we're going to run the offense, why can't the coaches get it run likes it's supposed to be?

Last year, in my opinion with only a few personnel changes, but mostly with a RB coach and an OC who knew what they were doing, we had the talent to go 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs. Instead, we didn't even make it. KJ has a lot of goodwill from the posters on here, including me. But the coaching and personnel bucks stop with him. He's ultimately responsible for those failures and that goodwill is just about tapped out. He really should consider ousting those two individuals. Otherwise, he might discover that all goodwill is gone.

devilsden you have never been more wrong about these kids, i have watched these kids grow up sense they were in second grade until there freshman year they lost a total of 5 games they lost one there freshman year and sense they've been on varsity they have lost 14 that's a coachin problem not a player problem you obviously know very little if you want to say how crappy they are at each position yes some may not be great but ther are several that are ball players like jake and corey they have almost as many tackles now not even halfway throgh the season then anybody had for there full season last year that's more then average they might be two of halls best linebackers in a long time, on the line might be small but it's not a blockin problem it's the play callin everybody knows that we're only gonna run about four different plays so it's not that hard to defend. if you think it's a o line problem look at the catholic schrimage jake long and ben mcfalls controlled a kid that has a full ride to tennessee all night he made one tackle all night. about the running backs we are stacked at the rb position we just cant get off the ball because they know our every move. will beeler and g can catch just about anything you throw to them(if josh could actually throw) our db chad and gibson and g and blake do what there supposed to do you can't expect them to stop an offense over and over when they're on the field for 20 minutes at a time