Sevier County vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

Let me say it another way.Yes,one or two plays can make a big difference.However,there are a bunch of those during the game that don't get the press.I seen a couple of our players get twenty plus tackles together in one game.Both missed tackles in that game that could have prevented a score from happening.Did they cost the team a win ? The answer is just as much as anyone who didn't make a block or had a fumble or anything,"YES"! It's a whole game that you can't just pick and choose,that's what I'm saying.

The game was lost 4 or 5 years ago. Thats where this problem started. Bad coaching in the middle schools, very little or no off season training by a large number of the players, very little motivation, lack of pride etc. It hasn't been taught. Fix the problem or expect more of the same.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what has happened to all the fast running backs and receivers that you guys were talking about 3 weeks ago???? are they not available to play??? i was trying to find out about the one real fast back you havebut i havent heard anything about him?? wasnt he the fastest on the team?

We just have three that are all about the same and that's pretty fast.They are Derrick 3,Sean 5 and Chris 32

what has happened to all the fast running backs and receivers that you guys were talking about 3 weeks ago???? are they not available to play??? i was trying to find out about the one real fast back you havebut i havent heard anything about him?? wasnt he the fastest on the team?

A good friend of mine..who's son plays for DB told me last week that James Brown quit...He said that James was tired of working his tail off,then never getting any playing time..thats a shame because my friend said that James was the fastest on the team and played great in all the scrimmages..but just didn't get a fair chance to show what he had...my friend also said his son is also considering quitting and the only reason he want is Dad want allow him to. I hate all this stuff is happening at DB..All this is a result of the man in charge.Like Waco said this just didn't happen over night..I seen it coming when my son was still in the city school system....and it shows me that we made the right decision to send him to South. Anyhow I hope you guys the best. :D

Rebel,your friend is a very nice guy and he has a great family.He is just not wanting his son to quit something he started.On the other side of that coin,I know for a fact that coach Clark has talked a lot of young men into staying when they were not sure about playing football .He has a true story about his own childhood,and it works well for the players he tells it to.Like I've said before,my son respects him and that's got my vote

I've been reading all the posts and have refrained from responding until now. I wan't to first say with pride that i love DB football. I'm sad at the season we're having but will continue to support our players. I don't believe that we are getting beat because of athletic ability or by the coaching but by execution alone. We need to remember that we are still young and relatively inexperienced. We will continue to grow as long as we strive to stay together and get better. Our players and coaches should expect perfection in execution during practice and games and push each other to get better. If we continue on the course we are, that will be difficult. Our coaches are going to have to mature this team quickly. I'm not going to sugar coat this at all, we've looked great at times(the opening drive of the Sevier County game) and we've looked terrible at times(the fourth Qtr. of the same game). We need consistancy. We need leadership. We need our coaches to be tuff. We need an attitude. We need a personality. This is the week to get it going. With a little luck and different mind set from here on out we can still make the playoffs at 7-3 or maybe even 6-4(The South Game). We can and should win the rest of our games as long as we don't have a lot of turnovers. Time to pull the team together coach Clark and do your best job of coaching in a long time. We die hards know the genious that got us to the Semi's three times not that long ago. Let's get it back. This is what we deserve. This is what we demand. We are DB. Roll Tribe Roll.............

I've been reading all the posts and have refrained from responding until now. I wan't to first say with pride that i love DB football. I'm sad at the season we're having but will continue to support our players. I don't believe that we are getting beat because of athletic ability or by the coaching but by execution alone. We need to remember that we are still young and relatively inexperienced. We will continue to grow as long as we strive to stay together and get better. Our players and coaches should expect perfection in execution during practice and games and push each other to get better. If we continue on the course we are, that will be difficult. Our coaches are going to have to mature this team quickly. I'm not going to sugar coat this at all, we've looked great at times(the opening drive of the Sevier County game) and we've looked terrible at times(the fourth Qtr. of the same game). We need consistancy. We need leadership. We need our coaches to be tuff. We need an attitude. We need a personality. This is the week to get it going. With a little luck and different mind set from here on out we can still make the playoffs at 7-3 or maybe even 6-4(The South Game). We can and should win the rest of our games as long as we don't have a lot of turnovers. Time to pull the team together coach Clark and do your best job of coaching in a long time. We die hards know the genious that got us to the Semi's three times not that long ago. Let's get it back. This is what we deserve. This is what we demand. We are DB. Roll Tribe Roll.............

I'll say this about your post :D:D:D We all want this team to have success,but just have a difference in opinion on here.Roll Tribe