Sevier County vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

Since you lost to both Farragut & Clinton, I am assuming that you mean SC is mediocre........

SC is a sleeper, they were knocking on the top 10 in the state this week. They have the weapons this year and heart! Be careful about calling a 4-0 team mediocre. Like what was posted earlier, we are measured by our records. Hope DB can turn it around. Good Luck to you all the rest of the way!

GO SMOKY BEARS!!!!

No offense to SC Bears by my previous post, but I dont consider you guys to be of the same calibre as Farragut or Clinton. Best of luck rest of the way to you guys. I have always thougth that Brewer is a great coach.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you lost to both Farragut & Clinton, I am assuming that you mean SC is mediocre........

SC is a sleeper, they were knocking on the top 10 in the state this week. They have the weapons this year and heart! Be careful about calling a 4-0 team mediocre. Like what was posted earlier, we are measured by our records. Hope DB can turn it around. Good Luck to you all the rest of the way!

GO SMOKY BEARS!!!!

No offense to SC Bears by my previous post, but I dont consider you guys to be of the same calibre as Farragut or Clinton. Best of luck rest of the way to you guys. I have always thougth that Brewer is a great coach.

Your prior post was spot-on. We are mediocre, and I saw no reason tonight to think Sevier Co. is much more than that. 4-0 is nice, but if I'm not mistaken their opponents have exactly 1 win among the four of them, and that is our win over mighty Central. So they'll need to beat someone that's actually good to be more than mediocre, while we likely have no such aspirations. When was the last time DB missed the playoffs? I don't even want to get into specifics on the game at this point, but our performance in the second half was embarassing.

Before some of you start with the WaCoJaCo hate mail, just let me say that this post is me trying to break it to you gently. Sort of like me preparing you for what is to come.

What we're looking at here is the most probable outcome for this season will be the worst record since 1950. Im looking at a win over Volunteer and hopfully a win over Davey Crockett to finish 3-7 for the year. If Chris Sensabaugh were to miss those two games for some reason then we finnish out at 1-9. And that would be the worst record in school history. Given the fact that Sensabaugh is having to carrie the entire team on his back increases the odds that he will be injured at some point and miss a few games. So I hate to be the one to break it to you-all but the odds say this will be the worst record in school history. :roflolk:

Would love to hear from the great DB / CoachT analysts about this one. What went wrong during the 3rd QTR? (you are not allowed to use the word "coach" or "choke" in any way during your analysis) Radio essentially called it a mental breakdown. Sure looked like that to me.

I"M not a great coacht analysts but it sounds like the same thing happened to DB in this game that happened last year in the McMinn County game in the second half,a brain fart. :roflolk:

:twisted: Good Luck to the rest of you're year guys. support you're players and cheer hard. I am a Smoky Bear fan. But was and always have been amazed at you're guys support of you're team. You guys will be fine and will make some noise by the end of the year. I don't think anyone looks over DB at anytime regardles of how the record is. You're tradition is well earned and you guys are very well respected. But Sevier County is a bit better than Mediocre. Sorry to disagree with you guys on that one. And if they can put 4 quarters together instead of waiting for there spark to get them hyped they can compete and beat about whom ever they play. If they continue to get better as the year goes. They might amaze you. If #7 Bryce would have not gotton hurt in the second quarter they would have moved the ball a little better than they did. And we was also missing our Defensive back which is also a physical receiver like #7 Austin Nave tonight. Must have that ol' bug going around. But they are a little better than mediocre. And will stay in every game they play this yr. Regardless of whom ever. I will also add if I had a second team to cheer for in Tennessee Dobyns Bennett is #2 . Roll Tribe Roll!!!!

Would love to hear from the great DB / CoachT analysts about this one. What went wrong during the 3rd QTR? (you are not allowed to use the word "coach" or "choke" in any way during your analysis) Radio essentially called it a mental breakdown. Sure looked like that to me.

As soon as Chris got hurt in the 2nd quarter, we started going down hill. When he went back out in the 2nd half with the brace on his knee, they keyed in on that. Everytime he got tackled, they grabbed that leg. Probably why he fumbled. He was hurt and needed to rest, yet they still put him out there. He won't last very long if they keep subjecting him to that. I thought Seabolt had a really good game.

I had a bad feeling in the first half when we didn't take all the chances we had and really control the game better.We had so many close plays to either intercept a pass or score more points and just let that slip away.There are a lot of things that you can point at when the wheels came off at the end,but not putting them away early was the biggest key to getting the victory.With all that said,Sevier County got a huge break right as the wheels were coming off,our coaches will pick that up today in the film room.Sometimes when things are going bad,you just want to kick the first thing you see.That's how I feel about that game last night.I thought our guys were put in place by the coaches to win that game,and it looked for the world as if we had them in our sights.They made some great plays at the end.Number 2 for Sevier county is a man,and you got to give him props for some of those great plays.We have to forget about the loss and get back to work on another conference game.The good thing about coachT is maybe the Boone players will believe everything they read over the next week.

Seabolt played with the passion this team so dearly needs.

When the bears started putting 9 in the box it was time to spread the field. But we kept pounding the rock to no avail. The o line played a great first half then I don't know what happened in the 2nd half. Might need some fresh subs if they can't go all the way. Qb has a cannon but no touch. Needs more short crossing or out patterns. Defense played pretty good but they can't carry the team.

Holding and turnovers sealed the deal. Running out of time need to get things fixed.

Sorta glad I played in a Glow Ball Golf Tournament last night and had to miss this game. I got a couple of updates early, 6-0, then 6-6 (kicking game thing I guess), then 13-6 DB. Then DB got a fumble up 13-6 and had recovered a fumble on the Bears 30. Then the phone calls stopped, I thought we had run off and left 'em. That was part right, but it was SC who was running off with the game.

Is Sensabaugh ok? What was the crowd like when things went wrong? I heard the play calling for the Indians was not good.

Cherry or Grape ( koolaide )?

Rev. Jim

There are a number of ways to look at that pitiful display last night. Take the 4 turnovers away and we probably win the game by a TD or more despite our offensive problems. The D played well enough to win, which is a shame but possibly also another sign that SC is not an offensive juggernaut. Our kicking game has gone from non-functional to barely functional, which is not a whole lot better. But what is really killing this team and what will be the primary cause of an awful overall season this year if it doesn't improve dramatically is the almost complete lack of a credible passing game. 5-17 and a pick 6 would be bad at the Boy's Club, that is if they let QB's at the Boy's Club throw 17 times. The only passes we completed last night were swing passes to a back out of the backfield and a couple of very short crossing routes, and this team is nowhere near big enough or good enough in the OL to impose its will on a defense and run the ball down its throat without the threat of the pass. So IMO the passing game is the pivot point for the rest of the season. If it doesn't get significantly better so that the threat is there, teams will continue to load up on Chris and our record will be closer to one of the nightmare scenarios Waco was talking about. When your best passing play is to throw a bomb toward the receiver and hope he gets interfered with (which was called twice last night), that's not gonna help you much.

Sorta glad I played in a Glow Ball Golf Tournament last night and had to miss this game. I got a couple of updates early, 6-0, then 6-6 (kicking game thing I guess), then 13-6 DB. Then DB got a fumble up 13-6 and had recovered a fumble on the Bears 30. Then the phone calls stopped, I thought we had run off and left 'em. That was part right, but it was SC who was running off with the game.

Is Sensabaugh ok? What was the crowd like when things went wrong? I heard the play calling for the Indians was not good.

Cherry or Grape ( koolaide )?

Rev. Jim

I don't so much worry about the koolaide drinkers.

I really worry about the folks that serve the koolaide.