Sevier County vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

What was the crowd like when things went wrong? I heard the play calling for the Indians was not good.

Rev. Jim

After the two fumbles that lead to SC's 10 points and the lead, not only the crowd but the players were dead in the water. No. 13 went around first to the student section and then up and down the entire line of players throwing his hands in the air imploring the crowd and players to cheer and get fired up, and he got no response whatsoever that I saw. It was as if he wasn't there and no one cared what happened after that point. And bear in mind it was only 16-13 then and we were about to get the ball with around 8 minutes to go. I can't remember the last time I saw an Indian team quit during a game, but that's sure what it looked like to me. Things are not good in Indian territory right now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tribal"

After the two fumbles that lead to SC's 10 points and the lead' date=' not only the crowd but the players were dead in the water. No. 13 went around first to the student section and then up and down the entire line of players throwing his hands in the air imploring the crowd and players to cheer and get fired up, and he got no response whatsoever that I saw. It was as if he wasn't there and no one cared what happened after that point. And bear in mind it was only 16-13 then and we were about to get the ball with around 8 minutes to go. I can't remember the last time I saw an Indian team quit during a game, but that's sure what it looked like to me. Things are not good in Indian territory right now.[/quote]

I sure am proud of Raffe Cleary #13. He is a team leader and really fine young man.

We gotta get back up, Boone is next and it is a Conference Game.

Roll Tribe Roll

I was sitting at the 1998 game between TN. and Ark. It was late in the game and Tennessee was about to get beat and loose their chance at a national title.A man behind me was calling the players and coaches names that would have made satan blush :D . let's just say the man didn't stay for the last five minutes of the game.The only good that I could find at that point was the jerk was gone from the stadium and I had helped that become a fact with a pretty good speech in his direction.Tennessee went on to win that game and the national title,had they lost that game there would have stiil been 100.000 plus fans in the seats without the jerk to start the next season and everyone since.That's pretty much how I'll think about this DB team.If they win another game or win the rest of them,I'll be there with or without the jerks :D

I was sitting at the 1998 game between TN. and Ark. It was late in the game and Tennessee was about to get beat and loose their chance at a national title.A man behind me was calling the players and coaches names that would have made satan blush :D . let's just say the man didn't stay for the last five minutes of the game.The only good that I could find at that point was the jerk was gone from the stadium and I had helped that become a fact with a pretty good speech in his direction.Tennessee went on to win that game and the national title,had they lost that game there would have stiil been 100.000 plus fans in the seats without the jerk to start the next season and everyone since.That's pretty much how I'll think about this DB team.If they win another game or win the rest of them,I'll be there with or without the jerks :D
BatmanDB that is a great attidude to have and i know were your coming from after dave rider left betsy we have had some horrible seasons but i have been there to support my team no matter what and we have to understand this is a game played by kids and we need to understand that sometimes things dont go the way we like them but we need to support the kids and coaches no matter what happens.BatmanDB i respect your comments on these threads and i hope the best for the indians.

If that analogy is supposed to imply that any criticism of how DB played on this thread is coming from jerks, then it's a very poor analogy. I will continue to go to the games and support my alma mater no matter how poorly they are coached or how poorly they play, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and sing kumbaya about things. Part of coaching or playing for a high profile program with a lot of tradition is that the expectations are very high. Football is a contact sport and generally speaking not for pansies. Football coaching at a high profile school means pressure to excel and uphold the tradition comes with the job. If criticism on the internet or in the newspaper is more than our players and coaches can bear, then we've got a lot more problems than I thought. Although the players and coaches can certainly choose not to read this forum or the newspaper if they desire. As can the players' parents. Calling the critics names is fundamentally weak IMO because it does nothing to invalidate their points, but merely seeks to question the wisdom of making any criticism at all.

BTW your son had a good game last night (as did the defense as a whole), and he has nothing to hang his head about.

Batman, I can't hardly understand exactually what this post means, so help me out. Is this directed at the fans that quit chearing and left the game early last night or is it directed at me and others that are expressing our concerns for the program? I just want to know for sure before I comment. Don't worry about suger coating anything for me. Im all grown up. :D

Batman,

I also appreciate and respect your posts. I hope that I am not one you are refering to as a jerk simply because I am willing to call a spade a spade.

Believe me when I say that I support the Tribe. I drive about 2 hours for DB home games, and I see every game that they play in the Knoxville area. I dont have kid that plays for DB, so I dont I dont have an emotional attachment other than the pride associated with being a DB fan.

It is interesting that you draw parallels between DB and the 1998 UT team. UT's team was simply stacked with players: J. Lewis, A. Wilson, D. Grant, P. Price, C. Clifton, T. Martin, etc. They made the most of their opportunities, which is what good/great teams do. Also, everyone associated with that team - coaches and players - are no longer around. That coaching staff stuck around a little too long, and there is now a new sherrif in town. One reason that they are no longer there is that UT fans simply quit coming to games. Remember the 'bama game from last year? There were a lot of UT fans selling their tickets to 'bama fans as evidenced by the amount of crimson in the stands.

I have heard that DB quit in this game. That is alarming.

I have heard that players are choosing to play for other local programs as opposed to play for DB. That is alarming.

DB has lost in the first round of 3 of the last 4 playoffs. That is alarming.

I hear that the kids are not working hard in the offseason. That is alarming.

Believe me that I support the kids, coaches, etc., but I am very concerned about the health of the program. Am I wrong to be?

Ok The the whole game changed when #6 ruffed the punter and gave the ball back to the Bears. Chris is caring the team because the QB can not complete a pass and the coaches run him in the ground to get his yards. We have Cleary, Clark, Seabolt and Steele and they all are exceptional good players that are not being utilized and it's not so much the coaches it's because they try it and it don't work. Also, The game was lost because of three fumbles, and an interception and most don't want to say that but its a fact. CS had 2 fumbles and Roop had a intercetion and a fumble and that is why the Bears won. Yes their are some other areas that did not do what needed to be done but the key losing factors are the turnovers. People will call everyother kid out on here, our punter/kicker and our Offensive Line and our Defense but will say nothing negative about CS and Roop. Guess what, it's not bad it's just they had a bad game and I'm not saying anything bad about them either but it was what put it all to rest. The Bears maynot like this but, the this game was handed to them on a silver platter in the second half. We flat out gave it to them and they :lol: took it.

Lawnman, congrads on the year so far in Elizabethton.You guys were allways a tough bunch back in my days and it's good to see you back to strenth.We have a young group that is playing some very good teams.Tribal,it was a team loss and just like Titanic,the whole ship goes when the score is not on our side.However,I thought our whole team played very well for the most part.Chris had some of the best runs that I've ever seen and our line had some great blocks.David had some very nice throws that I thought could have been big plays.We missed a lot of chances to score on defense as they did,and I won't say any part of the game beat us including all players and coaches.I seen a great improvment from the first game until last night and as they said on the radio in the third quarter, a lot of people didn't think this is what was going to happen.Well,what I'm saying is this team is playing hard and won't give up today or anytime on Dobyns-Bennett football or those that allso love it.I hope all the guys are out lifting weights this weekend and getting ready for a big conference game next week.Roll Tribe

I was sitting at the 1998 game between TN. and Ark. It was late in the game and Tennessee was about to get beat and loose their chance at a national title.A man behind me was calling the players and coaches names that would have made satan blush :lol: . let's just say the man didn't stay for the last five minutes of the game.The only good that I could find at that point was the jerk was gone from the stadium and I had helped that become a fact with a pretty good speech in his direction.Tennessee went on to win that game and the national title,had they lost that game there would have stiil been 100.000 plus fans in the seats without the jerk to start the next season and everyone since.That's pretty much how I'll think about this DB team.If they win another game or win the rest of them,I'll be there with or without the jerks :lol:

Batman, I can't hardly understand exactually what this post means, so help me out. Is this directed at the fans that quit chearing and left the game early last night or is it directed at me and others that are expressing our concerns for the program? I just want to know for sure before I comment. Don't worry about suger coating anything for me. Im all grown up. :)

Ok , Let me ask again. Just would like to know for sure before I comment. :)

Lawnman, congrads on the year so far in Elizabethton.You guys were allways a tough bunch back in my days and it's good to see you back to strenth.We have a young group that is playing some very good teams.Tribal,it was a team loss and just like Titanic,the whole ship goes when the score is not on our side.However,I thought our whole team played very well for the most part.Chris had some of the best runs that I've ever seen and our line had some great blocks.David had some very nice throws that I thought could have been big plays.We missed a lot of chances to score on defense as they did,and I won't say any part of the game beat us including all players and coaches.I seen a great improvment from the first game until last night and as they said on the radio in the third quarter, a lot of people didn't think this is what was going to happen.Well,what I'm saying is this team is playing hard and won't give up today or anytime on Dobyns-Bennett football or those that allso love it.I hope all the guys are out lifting weights this weekend and getting ready for a big conference game next week.Roll Tribe

Thanks. Shawn has turned this program back around and hopefully DB will get rolling.Best of luck the rest of this year.

I was sitting at the 1998 game between TN. and Ark. It was late in the game and Tennessee was about to get beat and loose their chance at a national title.A man behind me was calling the players and coaches names that would have made satan blush :lol: . let's just say the man didn't stay for the last five minutes of the game.The only good that I could find at that point was the jerk was gone from the stadium and I had helped that become a fact with a pretty good speech in his direction.Tennessee went on to win that game and the national title,had they lost that game there would have stiil been 100.000 plus fans in the seats without the jerk to start the next season and everyone since.That's pretty much how I'll think about this DB team.If they win another game or win the rest of them,I'll be there with or without the jerks :lol:

Batman, I can't hardly understand exactually what this post means, so help me out. Is this directed at the fans that quit chearing and left the game early last night or is it directed at me and others that are expressing our concerns for the program? I just want to know for sure before I comment. Don't worry about suger coating anything for me. Im all grown up. :)

Ok , Let me ask again. Just would like to know for sure before I comment. :)

Batman must have me on "ignore". Does anybody have the number to the Bat phone? :)