Sevier County vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

This is a match-up of the 2 best teams from the old Big East Confrence. DB beat Sevier County more times than any other Big East Team and visa-versa, the Smokey Bears beat the Indians more times than any other Big East opponent. The Indians won outright or a share of almost every season Title and yet it was Sevier County that won a State Title.

This should be a very good game, high scoring for sure. Now, off the play golf.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't look for a lot of points this week. I think it will be a defensive battle. Look for an improved defense this week with more intensity, because it will take it to win. I look forward to the offense trying to keep the passing game going. Looked good last week throwing the ball. From what i seen we only missed one receiver who was open. That was on the interception in the end zone, Steele was open in the middle,but he would have been hard to see since we rolled out to the left. Overall great job on offense by everyone including the line. If these big boys continue to get better every week we might make some noise late in the year. Chris is starting to run hard again and that is a result of not being hit in the backfield. Great poise from Roop last week on the fumble recovery and outrun both teams 80 yds to the endzone. I think he had 100 passing and running. When was that done last? Chris over 150, how many yds until he gets the rushing record? When he gets the record he will be passing the greatest DB runningback i've ever seen. Adonis Johnson is the best high school player i ever saw. Wow. what a talent. I'm very surprised he did'nt make it at the net level, don't know what happened. I think the next great player after Sensabaugh running the ball could be Swafford on the freshman team. When he gets to varsity next year, we might see the veer or spread with he and Foreman and Sensabaugh. That could be something special"The Greatest Show On Turf" #2. Roll Tribe Roll.............

Ok after throwing fits and yelling, I finally figured out why they are running the ball more to the weak side. No one could answer my questions but I figured it out in the game against Central. They are switching one particular O-lineman from left to right side and they are pretty much using him to protect the QB. After the Halls scrimmage Roop was a little intimidated back there. He got a huge blow. After getting hit he was skiddish and with pretty good reason. Now that they have made this adjustment, he looks a lot more secure and confident, which we need in the pocket. Good job coaches! Sorry for my rambling but it seemed no one else knew either :thumb:

I don't look for a lot of points this week. I think it will be a defensive battle. Look for an improved defense this week with more intensity, because it will take it to win. I look forward to the offense trying to keep the passing game going. Looked good last week throwing the ball. From what i seen we only missed one receiver who was open. That was on the interception in the end zone, Steele was open in the middle,but he would have been hard to see since we rolled out to the left. Overall great job on offense by everyone including the line. If these big boys continue to get better every week we might make some noise late in the year. Chris is starting to run hard again and that is a result of not being hit in the backfield. Great poise from Roop last week on the fumble recovery and outrun both teams 80 yds to the endzone. I think he had 100 passing and running. When was that done last? Chris over 150, how many yds until he gets the rushing record? When he gets the record he will be passing the greatest DB runningback i've ever seen. Adonis Johnson is the best high school player i ever saw. Wow. what a talent. I'm very surprised he did'nt make it at the net level, don't know what happened. I think the next great player after Sensabaugh running the ball could be Swafford on the freshman team. When he gets to varsity next year, we might see the veer or spread with he and Foreman and Sensabaugh. That could be something special"The Greatest Show On Turf" #2. Roll Tribe Roll.............

I agree, once Chris gets a head of steam, look out..just get him through the line. Chris should get the record soon.. i also agree, Adonis was the best running back I ever had the pleasure to watch. He only got in the game a few times as a soph. (can you believe that crap) and only got about 10-12 carries a game, and still had that many yards..if he had started as a 9th grader, he coulda had 5000...what a waste. I too would love to see Foreman, Swafford and Chris in the same backfield, that will be some show!

The JV is playing Elizabethton at 3:00 today and the freshman are playing Central thursday at 6:00.Both games are at J Fred.Roll Tribe

Did anyone hear what the score was in this contest? I was by the mall around 5:30 and saw some Elizabethton players eating at Chick-Fil-A. Based on their size I couldn't believe they were on the JV squad. They were huge. Their cupboard may be full for quite a while.

The JV is playing Elizabethton at 3:00 today and the freshman are playing Central thursday at 6:00.Both games are at J Fred.Roll Tribe

Did anyone hear what the score was in this contest? I was by the mall around 5:30 and saw some Elizabethton players eating at Chick-Fil-A. Based on their size I couldn't believe they were on the JV squad. They were huge. Their cupboard may be full for quite a while.

Elizabethton 34 to 27 I think was the score.It was a fun game to watch.They would eat our pass coverage up and we would drive back down the field.It's a learning time for the younger guys and the coaches played pretty much everyone.Anderson looked real good throwing the ball and Slaughter done a great job on both sides.Holt had some real nice plays as well.Had it been just going for the win,they probably wouldn't have played so many.That's not what the JV is for,anyway it was a fun game and people should get out for all the younger players.It was a nice crowd by the way.Roll Tribe

Come on Sevier county fans,I know your reading because I know a few of you.You have a good team that will be a challenge for many teams this year to stay with.Tell us about your top players,and if your QB did hit "9" different recievers in one game.I know you have some huge guys up front but what about your QB and skill people,will they push our defensive backs as much as I've heard as well ? Speaking of defensive backs,I heard " Brandon Brewster" was our defensive back of the week against Central.Great job Brandon,we will need all of our defense to play lights out this week !! I've got no problem posting eight or ten times in a roll to talk about our team and say a few good things about the fine teams we are lined up to play over the next several weeks.Roll Tribe !!

Hopefully this will be a good game and worth the long drive up from Knoxville. SC has some talent but they have been playing some very inconsistent ball. Penalties, TO's and a lack of basic execution at times have really made their first three games a little fustrating. I keep waiting for them to put a complete game together but I finally realized after the JC win that we are what we are; an OK team who has moments of being very good followed by head scratching moments of extreme medocrity. So far, we have gotten away with that type of play but against a quality opponent like DB that sort of effort won't get it done.

SC bio:

We will run or throw from the spread with 4 receiver formations. QB Zac Flynn has a very good arm and can make all the throws. Unfortunately, he has already thrown 5 pics because he will force the ball into tight coverage sometimes. Danny Chastain is the back-up QB and he comes in when they want to give a change of pace. With him they will run the veer mostly to take advantage of his wheels but he can also throw the ball pretty well too. The RB's are Dakota Cogdill who is a more physical runner and Kel McCarter who is faster. Both are goood, solid RB's. The WR's are led by Bryce Whaley but honestly, this group is really made up of a catch-by-committe. There really isn't any superstars or big time playmakers, just a bunch of steady, reliable receivers who catch most of the passes they should. The O line hasn't given up many sacks and has produced decent rushing numbers.

The Defense has been solid if unspectacular for the most part. They are not very big so that could be cause for trouble plus they are a little nicked up at the LB position. This will be a big test for them against the speedy, athletic skill players that DB always has.

The special teams are't anything very special outside of the horrific kick off coverage unit. They were some better last week but honestly they had no other choice but to improve. In fact, the first two games were so bad that kicking the ball out bounds would have been an improvement with this unit. DB will make some plays here I would wager.

A few key areas of concern:

Our WR's have been very steady but they aren't the most athletic, dynamic bunch. Will they be able to get open against the most athletic secondary we will have faced thus far? If we can't pass, we won't win. Period.

The defense had been pretty steady but they sprung a few leaks against the Patriots last week which is cause for concern. If that unit shows up with the same effort against the Tribe, Sensabaugh & Co. will have a field day.

For those SC fans that didn't come up last year,remember our visitor seating is nearly second to none.None would be about the only thing worse than our visitor seats only going to the 37 yard line one way.It's good to hear from you guys and I'm glad you put it on our other old conference rival !! Have a safe trip up this week and come early for a {third of the way} good seat.

I am going to say DB loses a very close game, it doesn't matter though since it is not a conference game. DB 32 Sever County 35

Man some of this stuff im seeing this year is unreal. This is DB football people! I can't believe some of these comments. Smoke I'll have to put yours in second place "it doesn't matter though since it is not a conference game". First place would go to " who cares if we win or lose or if we can tackle, I had a blast" That one actually came from a player (or at least they claimed to be a player) Hey maybe we should just forfet and get ready for the next conference game.

:thumb: