Jeff. Co. @ William Blount

tpoole12

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoky Bears took both of ya'll to the woodshed

I would not say you took us to the woodshed, more like escaped due to our lack of concentration and execution.

The team must get physically stronger. I do know my son put on about 15 pounds of muscle in the off season and shaved half a second off his 40 time from last year, but his work ethic and desire is huge. Heck, each Saturday morning during the season he is up early doing a P90X workout, usually plyometrics, and hitting the weights. The problem as a whole is that he may be one of only a handful of players doing so. It takes a team effort.

Anyway, we have a JV game tonight vs WB @7 and a Freshmen Game @ 5:30, on the road, again........

GO PATRIOTS!!!

More Cowbell is coming!!!! Fear the Cowbell!!! Join the Cowbell nation.

The Patriots continue to struggle. Turnovers again were the culprit. We were missing at least two starters on defense. Others played while sick. Goins looks good on defense at times. We could not figure out their misdirection for the better part of the game. Some kids are going to have to play both ways. 54 blocked great for us first half in cutting off the linebacker on our dive option to the weak side. WB went to a 5 man front the 2nd half. 63 played well at nose guard for most of the game. Not sure what happened on defense 2nd half except our defense could not handle their misdirection. We are small, at just about every position except qb and receiver. The schedule gets easier for a while. Maybe the pats can take advantage and get ready for the Morristown schools. About all that would save the season now would be two wins over east and west. I know a lot of people are down on coaches, but I still think our schemes are good. Part of our problem is mental. Pats need to bounce back from mistakes. Turnovers cost UT just like they cost us. The team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.

I finally will be able to be at the game this week. I have never been a fan of the privates. I think they all should play in there "own" classification or in 6A. EVERYONE(except the privates they love it) knows that it is not a level playing field. The multiplier does very little to balance things. It is not fair to the kids. Now the private loyalist will start into there diatribe bla bla bla :roflol: You cant defend the defenseless. I don't know who the privates have pictures of but it must be :D .

Looking forward to the game. Do me a favor ask Coach G to stand on a ladder so I can see what play he is signaling in. :flower: One time we were playing on a field with a very high crown and the QB could not get the play from the far hash :flower:GO GOVS

Wow. How do you blow a 28 point lead? I just dont understand how any team could do that. 28 points lead half-way through the 2nd as i understand it and just handed the win over to WB basicaly from what i have read. Turnovers= Losses point blank. You cant win giving opportunities to the oppenent. I am curious how many times did JC lay the ball on the ground? This turnover business happens ... it is a part of football. But every week turning the ball over consistently 3 plus times a game dont get the job done. By what i read if JC could hold on to the football they could have atleast two wins at this point. If you guys could just hold on to the football you will win games. There are no excuses what so ever for laying the ball on the ground. Goodluck against the eagles.

You are right you can not turn the ball over and win. I think we had 2 fumbles back to back that gave William Blount 14 points to make the score 28-28. Then they blocked a punt on next drive. Take lead to 21 unanswered ponits and the win for William Blount.

14 points in less than 90 seconds!!!

Well to think about it. I don't know if it took that long!!!