M&M BOWL "IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN"

dou

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I thought that he was just a long time Munford fan. They were the Tigers for a while and they were orange!

Wow, MarkH are you saying I'm an old guy? Interesting and I never thought about the connection. I guess that is why they play that awful Rocky Top and dress like Alabama. Not here long enough to remember the Munford Tigers but know folks that played there then.... I'm a Memphian that moved out to the country (way before Willy and Memphis political scene changed) and loving it.

Go Cougars/Tigers and anything local!

Mark thanks for the little history lesson although I was aware of most of that for I'm a grad of Millington and lived there my whole life,, I still enjoyed the lesson and though it was a great read that we all need to take note of. It's ok to have a little competitive conversations with our Tipton co. neighbors as long as we remember it's all about the kids and the memories that it (M&M Bowl) makes for the rest of their lives! Millington fans please show respect and class if you feel inclined to represent our Trojans! :angry:

If any of my posts sounded tacky or out of line...they weren't meant that way. I am a matter of fact type person and I try and not let sentiment or my heart lead me away from my true conviction. I've always been a speak my mind type person and I have not meant to offend anyone. I am pleased that things seem to be going better for Munford but I feel that sometimes too much is expected too soon. I feel that this could be and most likely is the case here. I also took that on one or two posts, potshots were taken at our coach indirectly. I'm happy that the people of Munford are excited about their new coaches but I am proud of the job Coach Hawkins has done with the kids here. He too has created immense excitement over the past several years and too often we fail to credit that. I know that he has taken plenty of abuse and just wanted to remind the Millington faithful that sometimes "Good Job" needs to be and should be mentioned.

On another note, let me send my deepest condolences to the Munford community for the tragic loss of one of their faculty. Tragedy puts things in the proper perspective.

Enough of all the back & forth between fans, Someone give me some football info.

Who are the players to watch on Offense and Defense for Munford????

Did Millington lose any players to suspension from the scuffle at the end of the Bartlett game????

What kind of Offense/Defense is Munford running with this new coaching staff????

I would think Millington would have the advantage in this game because it's at home and they are still a pretty good team, but Munford is definitely getting better and that program has not laid down and rolled over in many of these battles and i don't expect them to this year. I hope there is a great crowd and the game is exciting.

It really wasnt a scuffle. A Millington player was keyed on pretty heavy during the game because Bartlett saw him give Olive Branch a rough time in the game film. The kid had several sacks and was in OB backfield all night. So Bartlett had some players keying on him which I would do also as a coach. The problem was he was getting held and cheap shotted (is that a word?) quite a bit and the refs were allowing it. I guess he had enough. That kid is a junior and he is one tough cookie.

It really wasnt a scuffle. A Millington player was keyed on pretty heavy during the game because Bartlett saw him give Olive Branch a rough time in the game film. The kid had several sacks and was in OB backfield all night. So Bartlett had some players keying on him which I would do also as a coach. The problem was he was getting held and cheap shotted (is that a word?) quite a bit and the refs were allowing it. I guess he had enough. That kid is a junior and he is one tough cookie.

Why was he in the game with a minute to go and a 35pt lead so this could even happen????????

Is he suspended??? How long???

Why was he in the game with a minute to go and a 35pt lead so this could even happen????????

Is he suspended??? How long???

I do not think we should provide this info to the public, this is a young person we are talking about and much worse has occured and did in this game. I think there are times that ref :thumb: eree crews allow things to happen that get out of control this was one of the situations.

On another note, let me send my deepest condolences to the Munford community for the tragic loss of one of their faculty. Tragedy puts things in the proper perspective.

Thanks visionaire, it has been a tough holiday start for the MHS students. The teacher was well liked and his father is considered part of the high school fabric. It is a real tragedy and we appreciate the thoughts.

On the other part of your note, no harm done or considered. We really appreciate the support the Trojans get and are working to build our following back after a couple of questionable years. This Friday will be a great one and hopefully we won't see too much impact from the recent Flu bug.

Should be fun and I can't wait to try out those new seats!

Enough of all the back & forth between fans, Someone give me some football info.

Who are the players to watch on Offense and Defense for Munford????

Did Millington lose any players to suspension from the scuffle at the end of the Bartlett game????

What kind of Offense/Defense is Munford running with this new coaching staff????

I would think Millington would have the advantage in this game because it's at home and they are still a pretty good team, but Munford is definitely getting better and that program has not laid down and rolled over in many of these battles and i don't expect them to this year. I hope there is a great crowd and the game is exciting.

Advantage is definately with Millington considering home field and overall talent. Much respect for their coach and program over the past few years.

The Munford Team really doesn't have a single star you would note. Their defense is lead by a number of seniors and what they lack in size is made up by their hits. They play extremely hard and the linebacking core is pretty good. I would suspect you'll see 54 (LB & C on Offense) in on a lot of plays and 84 does well on the defensive end. Coach Bennett has them swarming to the ball and the effort is always there.

Offensively, they are adjusting to a new style (anything that doesn't include a run exclusively is new) and approach. This bunch moves the ball typically (3 games is not much to base it on) but will have a mistake at times (penalty, turnover) that holds them from scoring. Line is not super big but pretty athletic and many of the players play on both sides of the ball. They have multiple running backs and other skill positions (Wide outs, etc...) that are athletic and dependable. Not necessarily going to wow you but run hard and don't quit.

Kicking game is good on both punts and FG teams. We have a few mis-kicks but on the whole they tend to deliver.

I do appreciate the effort these guys put forth. They came back from 14-0 in the jamboree to beat Haywood County 14-15 and had chances against Hardin County (those mistakes showed up). They do not quit and even if the results aren't great, it won't be for lack of effort.

To sum it up: Scrappy, confident and willing to do everything possible (legally) to win. Not superstars, maybe a fringe D-1 prospect but work together as a team. As you can tell, we are proud of them regardless of the score.

Not details but enough for message board. See you Friday Night! :thumb:

Let me say this. The player you are referring to is a good player. But........ Obviously you failed to mention the two personal fouls he got for clips, when actually he outright speared the same kid twice with his helmet square in the middle of the back. Its pretty easy to blame a referee when you had the starters in being up 35 points. They didn't help Bartlett much neither so don't act like they were completely against Millington! After the punch was thrown, the referees had no other choice but to eject him!